• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Never seen the video for Brantley Gilbert's "Bottoms Up", have ya? I'm sure he just winged the sheriff in that one.

No, never have. Is he a country artist or something? Actually I haven't watched a music video in almost 30 years. I guess you could also count "I Shot The Sheriff" by Bob Marley too. My point was, I can't think of another genre of music that glorifies lawlessness in the way that gangsta rap does.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If we're to support financially only the things with morally good messages, we have a lot less to watch, read, or hear. I'm sure you don't condone mass murder, but I'm betting you've seen Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, or Friday the 13th.

You'd be wrong on all counts. I'm a nerd, though, and generally prefer children's movies. Up is my favorite movie.

I get enough horror in the real world. I don't need it in my entertainment.

Just to clarify though, aren't the killers the bad guy in those?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No, never have. Is he a country artist or something? Actually I haven't watched a music video in almost 30 years. I guess you could also count "I Shot The Sheriff" by Bob Marley too. My point was, I can't think of another genre of music that glorifies lawlessness in the way that gangsta rap does.

Probably "bro country". There are still some real country artists but they usually don't get on the radio. Check out Sturgill Simpson.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Ah.... "gangsta rap." Which is a subset of rap in general. Have you ever heard a song, in which the artist has a police officer girlfriend? There's one in the rap genre.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Yes, he's a country artist.
    You have obviously not paid any attention to country music. Outlaws are glorified in many songs for decades. It's not all drinking and loving there.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I was influenced by watching too much Dukes of Hazzard.

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    Yes, that is called a homicide investigation.

Ma'am, if you want to avoid your children from ending up on the concrete with multiple holes from a pistol, teach them to be better citizens instead of thugs.

And teach them to obey and have respect for the law. It is unlawful for an 18 year old, who is not serving in the armed forces, to possess a firearm in Missouri.

It also appears that the firearm the 18 year old pointed at the law enforcement officer had an obliterated serial number. Additionally, the 18 year old was known to the police by virtue of his prior contacts with the criminal justice system for assault and firearm(s) offenses.

Last edited:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    It's way past time to have body cams on all patrol officers. I know it's being done across the country, slowly in some cases. The story here is this officer that did the shoot had one but it wasn't turned on. WTF!! Is it a problem of SOP and lack of strict discipline? Example: At the beginning of any possible encounter the device IS to be activated. I know it can't be done at all times such as a surprise encounter but the PO in this case pulled up at an angle and didn't do a normal park so he was expecting some interaction. Isn't there a disciplinary procedure for failure to activate? There should be! Now look what we have; another "He said/he said" situation. There is pretty crappy store video from a distance instead of up-close video. A body cam would have prevented a lot of what is sure to follow.

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    From what I saw on TV, the cop was wearing a body-cam but did not have it turned on. Fortunately there was a surveillance camera that caught everything. No doubt the kid who was "just trying to get his life back together" (mother to interviewer) was pointing a pistol at the police officer.

They already have cameras on the market that are always recording the last 30 seconds of time and then when activated, it continually records. I don't like the idea of an officer having to turn on the recording feature. They can forget or purposely not turn it on (for a rare bad cop, bad shoot instance). The camera should activate with the loud crack of a gun shot and then record the previous 30 seconds of time.

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Probably "bro country". There are still some real country artists but they usually don't get on the radio. Check out Sturgill Simpson.
    Yeah, I've never really been much of a country fan. I always liked southern rock - Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Charlie Daniels, Molly Hatchet, Allmann Brothers, etc..

Ah.... "gangsta rap." Which is a subset of rap in general. Have you ever heard a song, in which the artist has a police officer girlfriend? There's one in the rap genre.
    Haven't heard that one in particular, but I know gangsta rap's just a subset. I just don't care for rap or hip-hop in general (the style, no matter what the lyrics are). Like I said, old Motown is more my speed.

Yes, he's a country artist.
    You have obviously not paid any attention to country music. Outlaws are glorified in many songs for decades. It's not all drinking and loving there.
    Eh, yes and no when it comes to glorifying. They were still "outlaws" and weren't held up as someone to admire necessarily. More like characters in a story really.

Top Bottom