• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Question: Not being familiar with the genre which is generally referred to as "rap", is there a difference between rap-in-general and "gangsta rap" or is it all gangsta?

Edit: Just thought of another related question. In order to appreciate rap, does one have to play it at a volume level which your car speakers cannot handle?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Wow! Thanks. That's about as clear as you can get. There are so many ways that picture can be added to: 1) the "Yute" didn't intend to shoot since the safety was on; 2) Add to the arguments on INGO about not having an external safety because you may forget to disengage it, as when you're planning to "Off a pig." Just wow. I'd also like to see the store video after some agency like the FBI professionally enhances it. Thanks for the link, bro.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Question: Not being familiar with the genre which is generally referred to as "rap", is there a difference between rap-in-general and "gangsta rap" or is it all gangsta?

Edit: Just thought of another related question. In order to appreciate rap, does one have to play it at a volume level which your car speakers cannot handle?

"Rap" is a sub genre and style belonging to hip hop.
    Hip hop music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ya think he thought he could just walk away after shooting a cop? Again, complete failure of the logic system. Another person obviously not receiving complete control wiring before birth. Or mom was standing up when she delivered him. That would explain a lot.

I really believe that some of these young people truly believe they are in control of the life. That they can do as they want and the entire culture will get behind them. With all of the wrong doing going on as in riots/robbing/thugs turning on LEO and the "Group" is coming out in force to back them up it is emboldening them. They want the fame and the cred. That is all that makes any sense of these actions.

Well, this and the fact they were dropped on their heads for sport as baby's.....................:dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I think you all are putting the cart before the horse. The music isn't the cause. It is the reflection.

That, I can agree with.

It's not rap's fault. It's the culture that the rap artists cater to that's the problem.

There is an Evangelical song, "It only takes a spark to get a fire going, then all those around can warm up to its glowing."

There is a spark, a smoldering and a fire of racial hatred burning and it is being stoked by the sitting regime, the media, the race baiters, the gangstas, rap, video games and Holywood.

I agree that those influences will not have an affect on me, my family or yours. There are however many at risk to all of these influences. For many there is a hopelessnes for the future. There is no thing to live for so take what you can.

Be very thankful for parents, teachers, pastors and others who pointed you in the right direction.

To say music has no affect is to say no outside influence has any affect. Music is no different than peer groups and parents. Just different ways of presenting ideas to an individual. The difference comes in how the individual processes those ideas and fits them into his personal belief system. I could listen to the most vulgar stuff imaginable, but if I have an utter disdain for it it isn't going to change me.

We're born a blank slate. We grow to be the sum of our influences. The responsibility of the parent isn't to be the sole influence, but rather to set the groundwork for how other influences are processed. My parents taught me not to drink, and it stuck. I can be around people drinking and not be tempted because previous influence has dissuaded me. If my parents had told me underage drinking was all right then it would be a different story. I know people who have grown up like this.

The problem isn't "gangsta rap" in and of itself. A well-rounded individual could listen to nothing but that stuff and still have a healthy respect for the police if his other influences encouraged it. The problem is that people such as Antonio Martin have been told by not only music, but by their parents, their peers, and their role models not to have respect for the police. That influence took root because it was the prevailing influence. There was nothing there to teach him better.

In the end though, we can't point fingers. The final decision was his and his alone. We are each responsible for our own actions.

My college president said "You are or are becoming the people you associate with, the music you listen to and the books you read."

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I grew up listening to country music, western swing and cowboy country. Nothing but a steady diet of shooting cheating women, their beaus, lawmen and outlaws. Later I got into rap music, starting with the LA Dream Team and Kurtis Blow and moving on to NWA and the gangsta rap when it came along.

To this day I have not shot a man in reno just to watch him die, nor have I ever smoked a fool on Crenshaw cause he was frontin.

I had a good, stable home life with a family who set a good example and taught their values by living them.

I feel for the officer and hope he gets through this. I hope he can accept that he did the right thing and he can make peace with it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I grew up listening to country music, western swing and cowboy country. Nothing but a steady diet of shooting cheating women, their beaus, lawmen and outlaws. Later I got into rap music, starting with the LA Dream Team and Kurtis Blow and moving on to NWA and the gangsta rap when it came along.

To this day I have not shot a man in reno just to watch him die, nor have I ever smoked a fool on Crenshaw cause he was frontin.

I had a good, stable home life with a family who set a good example and taught their values by living them.

I feel for the officer and hope he gets through this. I hope he can accept that he did the right thing and he can make peace with it.

Family. Solid foundations and moral/honor codes.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I read a news report a couple hours ago that some "protesters" had spilled onto I70, shutting it down briefly. I'd hate to be caught in a jam like that. Nobody in their right mind would run over someone in the road unless cars were being stopped and windows broken and fire bombs thrown around.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I tried to search through this thread and didn't find it...

Did anyone else hear a police spokesman say, "...Hi-point loaded with five rounds in the chamber and one in the magazine"?

:ugh:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Fox news had something an hour ago saying that this is the 3rd straight night of protests against the shooting of Hi-Point Man. Where the Hell are the local "Leaders" who should be out there stressing that the perp pointed a gun at the cop and there is nothing else to say? What is so hard about that?

Top Bottom