• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    This.

Someone who feels the need to carry a rifle while going about their day to day activities has something seriously wrong going on in their head. Perhaps if these malcontents really wish to live in a society that looks like a war zone, they would prefer the unmitigated firearms freedoms of places like Somalia. At least there, they wouldn't be confirming the "looney" stereotype that is already present with regards to a lot of gun owners here in the US. Then again, for those who love nothing more than their guns, who is to say that the stereotype doesn't have a certain degree of accuracy?

Screaming "I do it because and I can, and you can't stop me!" smacks of the rantings of a snot-nosed 6 year old child.

The question is not "is this legal?" The question is, is this kind of behavior helpful? You can scream about rights all day, but the fact of the matter is, society makes the laws that we all live under. Perhaps some of you can't see outside of your little bubble, but most people don't slobber over guns and do not see anything positive about some unknown character showing up with a rifle in a setting that doesn't really call for one.

The pendulum swings both ways. It will swing back hard enough one day without these douchebags giving it the extra

Good point. Why drive a Hummer when a Honda will do? We should pass laws to limit these outlaws to more orthodox ways of life.

:rolleyes: The way I see it, the guy is hurting nobody, just like me when I carry my pistol everyday. Sure his approach is unorthodox, but he should be applauded for attempting to show the general public that guns are not evil.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Why should anyone have to NEED something, in order to carry it around in public?
    Who is the one that gets to decide what is needed and by who?
    I guess people who think this guy doesn't need to carry an AR would be perfectly fine living in CA.
    Only issued if they think you NEED to carry a concealed weapon. But you can carry openly, if unloaded and loaded mag is on opposite hip. ( Last time I checked )
    Restrictions on mags made after 2000
    Why do you NEED 11+ rounds? If you can't stop the threat with 10, you should just give up and lay on the ground!
    Fixed blade knives on the hip only.
    Why do any of you NEED to carry a concealed "dirk or dagger" ( fixed bladed knife ), there is no reason you can't defend yourself with a concealed folding knife, or a knife on the hip.
    One handgun in a 30 day period from an FFL.
    Why do any of you NEED to purchase more than 1 handgun a month? Can't you defend yourself with just one? Why do you need two so quickly? Are you forming an army?

I love Indiana, so much better here.
    I do miss the restaurants, the mixture of different ethnics, and the amount of entertainment in the Bay Area
    But peace a quiet in IN is nice too.

Last edited:

Shift

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Why should anyone have to NEED something, in order to carry it around in public?
    I guess people who think this guy doesn't need to carry an AR would be perfectly fine living in CA.
    Only issued if they think you NEED to carry a concealed weapon. But you can carry openly, if unloaded and loaded mag is on opposite hip. ( Last time I checked )
    Why do any of you NEED to carry a concealed "dirk or dagger" ( fixed bladed knife ), there is no reason you can't defend yourself with a concealed folding knife, or a knife on the hip.

Because in the end, gun control is less about guns and more about control.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Why do any of you NEED to purchase more than 1 handgun a month? Can't you defend yourself with just one? Why do you need two so quickly? Are you forming an army?

Interesting that you bring up California. Open carry douchebaggery eventually led to a ban on open carry in California. Of pistols AND long guns.

Gov. Jerry Brown outlaws open carrying of long guns in California cities - latimes.com

But don't worry. It can't happen anywhere else.

Shift

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Interesting that you bring up California. Open carry douchebaggery eventually led to a ban on open carry in California. Of pistols AND long guns.

Gov. Jerry Brown outlaws open carrying of long guns in California cities - latimes.com

But don't worry. It can't happen anywhere else.

So because the Peoples Republik of Commiefornia banned open carry due to some citizens exercising their (strictly regulated) "rights", people in other states shouldn't do anything unorthodox (read: legal) so as not to stir the pot?

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I was not aware of that, I left just before this happened it looks like.
    I don't believe it was caused by OC "douchebaggery" I believe it was caused by "fear" of MWAG. Which has always existed in CA. Especially in Oakland and the Bay Area. The criminals got the guns banned for the law abiding citizens. Well, them and the elected officials, and the people who voted for them.

"Because of this existing loophole, it is a concern that some individuals will openly carry long guns in public, which represents a terrible public safety hazard," said Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for Baca."

They would have banned it regardless of OCing walks/marches/etc or not.

Besides, if it was already LEGAL to do, and nobody did it because they could lose the right to do so if they did, what is the difference?
    Don't OC or you could lose your right to OC?
    Doesn't it sound weird?
    It's like a silent ban.

So it's not use it or lose it anymore.
    It's use it, and lose it?
    Sounds more like an oppressive state, than "immature" gun owns.

Last edited:

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    So because the Peoples Republik of Commiefornia banned open carry due to some citizens exercising their (strictly regulated) "rights", people in other states shouldn't do anything unorthodox (read: legal) so as not to stir the pot?

It's not the Peoples Repulik of Commifornia, Jethro, it's California, and it's one of the United States. A major state, in case you hadn't noticed. And what happens in one state has the potential to affect other states.

These things change gradually. If you just don't have the self awareness and social sense to see how your actions affect others, feel free to engage in any legal activity that you like, no matter how absurd. However, despite your foot stomping about rights, you don't live in a vacuum. You may think you have "god given" rights, but in reality, you have the rights that society says that you do.

If the 2nd Amendment is absolute, why do you have a LTCH? (If you live in Indiana and have one)

Shift

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    It's not the Peoples Repulik of Commifornia, Jethro, it's California, and it's one of the United States. A major state, in case you hadn't noticed. And what happens in one state has the potential to affect other states.

These things change gradually. If you just don't have the self awareness and social sense to see how your actions affect others, feel free to engage in any legal activity that you like, no matter how absurd. However, despite your foot stomping about rights, you don't live in a vacuum. You may think you have "god given" rights, but in reality, you have the rights that society says that you do.

If the 2nd Amendment is absolute, why do you have a LTCH? (If you live in Indiana and have one)

When did I say I have an LTCH?

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Solitaire, I don't see how your argument even agrees with you. As an atheist, do you prefer not to be judged on your not having faith? It's your right not to have faith and you're sure as hell entitled to not be judged on it. Don't be throwing stones at a guy carrying an AR because he believes it's a good idea when you probably understand exactly what it's like to be needlessly judged for what you believe. No harm, no foul. End of story.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Solitaire, I don't see how your argument even agrees with you. As an atheist, do you prefer not to be judged on your not having faith? It's your right not to have faith and you're sure as hell entitled to not be judged on it. Don't be throwing stones at a guy carrying an AR because he believes it's a good idea when you probably understand exactly what it's like to be needlessly judged for what you believe. No harm, no foul. End of story.

Belief is one thing. Actions are another. Besides, humans naturally judge each other all the time, to one extent or another. Everyone knows what it's like to be judged, it's not a burden specific to any one group. There is a blurry line between opinion and judgment, and every opinion will carry with it at least a little judgement towards the opposite opinion.

Look at what happened in California to see the results of "in your face" shenanigans. Hardly "no harm, no foul" with respect to gun rights. Do you think that people parading around in public settings with openly carried rifles is a positive thing, outside of a place where this would reasonably be expected? (Gun range, field environment, etc.)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Belief is one thing. Actions are another. Besides, humans naturally judge each other all the time, to one extent or another. Everyone knows what it's like to be judged, it's not a burden specific to any one group. There is a blurry line between opinion and judgment, and every opinion will carry with it at least a little judgement towards the opposite opinion.

Look at what happened in California to see the results of "in your face" shenanigans. Hardly "no harm, no foul" with respect to gun rights. Do you think that people parading around in public settings with openly carried rifles is a positive thing, outside of a place where this would reasonably be expected? (Gun range, field environment, etc.)

I'm with you. We forget that the SHEEP are in charge of this country. Just like real sheep, if you want to approach them, you walk up slowly and gain their confidence. You run up to them, they are going to run away. Scare enough sheep and they will push back. Maybe one day the sheep will become the minority, however, that is currently not the case and will not likely change for a LONG time.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Walking down the middle of the street with an AR is uncalled for. Stupid. Just because it is legal doesn't mean it should be done.

Read the rest of the thread.... your asinine comment has already been answered and postulated upon. It is a legal activity, it is his right, get over it and yourself!

Top Bottom