• ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    +1

everyone needs to CTFD. stop pissing on the media and giving them reasons to attack us, coz it doesnt matter what anyone thinks or says, because no one thinks, or says.

media controls the population. stop pissing on them. we might be in the right, but whipping your dick out in front of everyone is just bad form, and makes us ALL look like tools.
    In other words, hide your guns because the media will never be on our side:dunno:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    In other words, hide your guns because the media will never be on our side:dunno:

well, as an individual yes. as a group making a statement about my rights? no.
    as ive said, a rightful OC march or protest would do this group a LOT better than some tool of a kid showing his ass because he can.

it boils down to the fact that he had no 'statement' to make. this is all my argument is about. if you're going to excersize your rights in the current vibe, make a ****ing statement.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel

It's funny how these arguments only deal in extremes. As if not slinging around an AR-15 on a busy city street is the equivalent of "hiding all your guns!!111!". How about a little common sense. OC your sidearm (hell that's not even acceptable to most just yet, let's tackle this one first please). People get to see that you are exercising your rights and you don't look like an ass. It's not black and white, there are many shades of grey.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    It's funny how these arguments only deal in extremes. As if not slinging around an AR-15 on a busy city street is the equivalent of "hiding all your guns!!111!". How about a little common sense. OC your sidearm. People get to see that you are exercising your rights and you don't look like an ass. It's not black and white, there are many shades of grey.
    Most of the people I know that OC tell me people seldom seem to even notice it.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    HOLY ****, this is yet another example of how we on INGO prefer to shred each other more than anything else!!! This is just as bad as the damn OC/CC debate... it doesn't ****ing matter... Mainstream media will never portray gun owners as anything more than lunatics unless we change who owns the media, who runs the show, and how WE treat each other!

How bout if if all of us in this thread would have spent the last 45 minutes writing letters to each and every senator/rep instead of shredding each other over the actions of a 3rd party?

As to the act of carrying a long arm, it's legal, get over it and move on. people will see us as the media and politicians tell them too until we force a change in the paradigm.

Lets take the time to constructively affect change.. not deconstructing each other!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    You know, it's frustrating that this kind of thing is news. If it's legal in his state then he is perfectly within his rights to do this, but in the hyper sensitive world in which we live today, this makes gun owners look like crazies. I hope that someday we can get society to a point that this sort of thing isn't news anymore, but right now we need to be getting exposure that reflects positively on us. This isn't it.

Agreed
    But it'd be nice if society got to a point that it wasn't even necessary to arm oneself to be safe from thugs. (will never happen).

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good for him. I'm happy to see that there are some in this country with the balls to exercise a right regardless of how it might scare people. Sounds like maybe we need an OC event downtown.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Agreed
    But it'd be nice if society got to a point that it wasn't even necessary to arm oneself to be safe from thugs. (will never happen).

I don't think that day has ever existed before. There has always been those that will use force to take what they want. They have existed among us from the beginning of time and will be here until the end. They prey on the weak.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Arthrimus, I don't want you to think that my comments were in any way a personal attack on you.

What bugged me the most was that we see a lot of people coming onto here and putting out the same comments that you did. The idea that we have to somehow prove ourselves or not rattle the cages just so we're not demonized.

I get pissed when my friend rides around town with his legally owned and carried long gun and it gets the reaction it did. Not just from the idiots flexing their authority, but from the people here on this site who tsk-tsked and waggled their fingers and scoffed at the notion that somehow doing a legal activity was wrong.

I'm tired of hearing that we shouldn't do something because people might not like it. I'm tired of hearing that someone, somewhere might be scared, offended, sickened, or shocked. I'm tired of hearing that because those people won't like a legal activity, it means we shouldn't do so.

We get knee-jerk hoplophobia immediately after stupid criminals do stupid criminal things simply because of the negative and scary light that firearms owners and carriers are painted in. My fix isn't that we should slowly, gradually, eventually ease our lifestyle into the public view. My fix is that we should go balls out and stop bending over backwards to accomodate everyone.

We're not deserving of the shunning and backlash that we get every time something nasty happens. The reason we get this every single time is because it's not mainstream, it's not seen constantly like it used to be, and it's easy to paint us as boogie men.

It's time to put ourselves out there and show the public that we're sick and tired of being treated this way, we're not going away, and we're willing to stand up for ourselves and take this country back from the criminals and traitors.

How many times have we scoffed at those idiots that shout insults at the law abiding gun owner knowing that they're armed and aren't going to be the ones (generally) that will take the bait? We need to show people that we're not the ones that need to be feared, ostracized, and berated. We need to show the public that it's the criminals and traitors that should fear us. And we need to do it without being concerned about stepping on anyones toes.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I find it particularly laughable that so many on here say that their problem is that this guy DIDN'T have some statement to make, and other times they ***** about OCers trying to MAKE a statement.

I guess they just have to feel justified getting their panties up in knots about a guy carrying a gun.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Everything that happens in the world of gun control is driven by public opinion. WE get guns banned by looking at how touchy the subject is at a given time, then deliberately making a scene. Well that may be all well and good for you, but for the direction of public opinion it sucks for the rest of us. We are not going to make any allies by making these kinds of scenes.

I want there to be a day when people don't freak out at the sight of a gun, slinging an AR-15 around a crowded city street is not the way to get there. People are not suddenly going to fear guns less because you are shoving one in their faces. We as gun owners have the responsibility to all that we can to improve our image. That doesn't mean compromising on legislation, but it does mean making sure that we don't behave in a way that allows us to become ammunition for Anti Freedom activists.

Crap. I musta hit the wrong button. Cause I swear I'm on the Diane Feinstein site.
    If you don't carry because you're afraid of it being banned, then it already is. You just don't know it.

If one of us calls because someone has a rifle, isn't that the same as joe public calling because we're OC/CCing? Both are legal.
    If we call this guy a "lunatic", or "I don't want this guy on my side", then what RIGHT DO WE CARRY OUR OWN WEAPON?
    He shouldn't OC the rifle. How do you CC it? In a case. That's been in the news also. People still thought it was dangerous and not right.
    "Just because its legal, doesn't mean we should do it". By all means, don't make waves. Just wear the star. You're making all us jews look bad.
    "... fighting the PR war". Are you kidding. In case you didn't know it, they are dictating those terms. There is no war. Pro gun pieces are only displayed in a local regions news. Not National. And not in other regions.
    For sakes guys. You sound exactly like the anti-gunners talking about us.
    How about if gun owners start telling the media "enough", instead of "please don't hurt me?"

And slightly off topic.
    Gee, I work a few hours, and miss the beginning of an epic thread.
    Everyone remember to take your chill pills to minimize the butthurt.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    As with most things in life, its all about timing. This isnt the best time to be toting around stuff people want to take from you.

As much as people try and make it seem, slinging an AR-15 over your shoulder has never been "normal" when travelling around a large city. Its just not, I know people said stuff about gun racks and that is true but that is mostly a rural thing and it still goes on. BUT never one time did I see a guy/gal with any type or rifle or long gun over their shoulder when trapsing around town, even the small rural ones I grew up in and definately not in Ft Wayne where I live now.

We have to understand the fight we are in, out of sight out of mind. How about we try and let some of the heat die down before we make our statements like this. This does nothing but give the left ammunitin to say, see we told you so, these crazy gun owners.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    My friendly neighborhood police agency (EPD) has written TWO letters to ISP asking that my LTCH be revoked. Not only would I lose the "permission" to carry a handgun in this state but I would lose my job that requires me to possess one. All because I stand my ground and don't break the law.

If the ISP suddenly became retarded like them and it was revoked you bet your ass I'd be carrying my rifle everywhere I went. I owe it to my family to protect them the best way available to me, it is one of my primary functions in life as a husband and a father of two.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Crap. I musta hit the wrong button. Cause I swear I'm on the Diane Feinstein site.
    If you don't carry because you're afraid of it being banned, then it already is. You just don't know it.

If one of us calls because someone has a rifle, isn't that the same as joe public calling because we're OC/CCing? Both are legal.
    If we call this guy a "lunatic", or "I don't want this guy on my side", then what RIGHT DO WE CARRY OUR OWN WEAPON?
    He shouldn't OC the rifle. How do you CC it? In a case. That's been in the news also. People still thought it was dangerous and not right.
    "Just because its legal, doesn't mean we should do it". By all means, don't make waves. Just wear the star. You're making all us jews look bad.
    "... fighting the PR war". Are you kidding. In case you didn't know it, they are dictating those terms. There is no war. Pro gun pieces are only displayed in a local regions news. Not National. And not in other regions.
    For sakes guys. You sound exactly like the anti-gunners talking about us.
    How about if gun owners start telling the media "enough", instead of "please don't hurt me?"

And slightly off topic.
    Gee, I work a few hours, and miss the beginning of an epic thread.
    Everyone remember to take your chill pills to minimize the butthurt.

It's come to my attention that most of the posters in this thread are severely lacking in the area of reading comprehension. I didn't say half of the things I'm being accused of saying, and the other half is being misunderstood. Try actually reading my posts, then try applying some thought to what you just read. Trust me, it could be a very enlightening experience for you.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh, I'm NOT telling people to hide their guns. You want to OC...have at it. If I had to carry my rifle all the time at work for protection, I might as well deploy overseas.
    You know they make three-point slings to make that easier, right?

I find it particularly laughable that so many on here say that their problem is that this guy DIDN'T have some statement to make, and other times they ***** about OCers trying to MAKE a statement.

I guess they just have to feel justified getting their panties up in knots about a guy carrying a gun.
    Perhaps an official press release stating that no statement is being made prior to every OC outing is expected. That would be both making a statement and not making a statement.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The problem that I see is that the guy did nothing illegal, yet so many here are quick to condemn him "in light of recent events".

I say everyone quit judging this guy. He did what he thought he should. He carried a rifle, so what?

Top Bottom