• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    The day I walk around and see the vast majority of people holstered up or with rifles slung across their backs going about their business as usual, that will be the happiest day of my life, because that will be the day when it can be said that we are truly free.

We need people willing to stand up and be counted, particularly as it concerns the right to bear arms, in public, and to gather, peaceably.

If he wasn't making a horse out of himself, I'm glad that he carried.
    Maybe next time when people see a man with a rifle slung across his back, they'll feel like carrying too. Or at least not freak out as much. :ingo:
    I carried my AR at a small rally at the Statehouse on Saturday.

It felt very liberating, and I would like to do it more often. (And not just for a rally.)

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    How often do you yell at people for walking in the middle of the road? Totally irrelevant question, but I'm curious. I see fairly often, sometimes even where sidewalks exist.
    I do this all the time, especially in my neighborhood. The only time I give someone a pass is on a short section of road where there are no sidewalks. However, if they're not hugging the edge of the road, near the grass, they get an ear full of air horns.

Cassada

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    As gun owners we need to figure out where we stand. You can not factor in political correctness into rather you believe this was right or not. It was legal and it was his right. Smart? Who's to say.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm very pro second amendment, BUT
    You have the right to freedom of speech but that doesn't mean you can yell fire in a crowded theatre. The same applies here, I think it just going too far.
    Why give the media any more firepower.

I don't think that's a correct comparison.
    If you yell fire in a crowded theater, that isn't on fire, you are creating a hazard.
    A man walking with a long gun on the sling isn't.
    A man walking with a long gun pointing at people yelling he's gonna shoot them would be the hazard.

How about exchanging fire extinguisher for long gun.
    Walking down street with extingiisher is not creating a hazard.
    Walking down street threatening to discharge chemicals in their face is creating a hazard.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I carried my AR at a small rally at the Statehouse on Saturday.

It felt very liberating, and I would like to do it more often. (And not just for a rally.)

I'd love to, but I don't feel like getting flashbanged by the local SWAT after they receive a (dozen) MWAG call(s).

More than happy to let Titanium_Frost solve the problem of local overzealousness with six to seven digits' worth of corrective measures.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    You know, it's frustrating that this kind of thing is news. If it's legal in his state then he is perfectly within his rights to do this, but in the hyper sensitive world in which we live today, this makes gun owners look like crazies. I hope that someday we can get society to a point that this sort of thing isn't news anymore, but right now we need to be getting exposure that reflects positively on us. This isn't it.

Agreed

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    CNN BREAKING NEWS!... A man was spotted driving down Main Street in a HUMMER H1! Although it is legal to drive a H1 on the street, some pedestrians were still scared. "What if that HUMMER drove down the sidewalk and ran everyone over!? I mean, isn't that a US Military tank? Why does someone need a tank destroyer? I'm scared and misinformed." - says Obama voter Joe Sucker-citizen.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    CNN BREAKING NEWS!... A man was spotted driving down Main Street in a HUMMER H1! Although it is legal to drive a H1 on the street, some pedestrians were still scared. "What if that HUMMER drove down the sidewalk and ran everyone over!? I mean, isn't that a US Military tank? Why does someone need a tank destroyer? I'm scared and misinformed." - says Obama voter Joe Sucker-citizen.

I love this.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    only read 8 pages or so, but god....we sure do have a lot of OC police around here, I'm gonna start calling you OC Nazis. All hail messiah barry, lord and commander of the great fools tools armies! Resistance is futile, so just give up and give in!!

Top Bottom