• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This.

Someone who feels the need to carry a rifle while going about their day to day activities has something seriously wrong going on in their head. Perhaps if these malcontents really wish to live in a society that looks like a war zone, they would prefer the unmitigated firearms freedoms of places like Somalia. At least there, they wouldn't be confirming the "looney" stereotype that is already present with regards to a lot of gun owners here in the US. Then again, for those who love nothing more than their guns, who is to say that the stereotype doesn't have a certain degree of accuracy?

Screaming "I do it because and I can, and you can't stop me!" smacks of the rantings of a snot-nosed 6 year old child.

The question is not "is this legal?" The question is, is this kind of behavior helpful? You can scream about rights all day, but the fact of the matter is, society makes the laws that we all live under. Perhaps some of you can't see outside of your little bubble, but most people don't slobber over guns and do not see anything positive about some unknown character showing up with a rifle in a setting that doesn't really call for one.

The pendulum swings both ways. It will swing back hard enough one day without these douchebags giving it the extra push.

Once again. Thanks for making the same point as the people that say the SAME THING about owning or carry a pistol.
    Ok for Me.
    Not for Thee.
    I understand. You are for your rights. Just not for people that have different LEGAL views.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Belief is one thing. Actions are another. Besides, humans naturally judge each other all the time, to one extent or another. Everyone knows what it's like to be judged, it's not a burden specific to any one group. There is a blurry line between opinion and judgment, and every opinion will carry with it at least a little judgement towards the opposite opinion.

Look at what happened in California to see the results of "in your face" shenanigans. Hardly "no harm, no foul" with respect to gun rights. Do you think that people parading around in public settings with openly carried rifles is a positive thing, outside of a place where this would reasonably be expected? (Gun range, field environment, etc.)

Yes, we do judge each other. We all struggle to keep from judging people because we don't like being judged ourselves. The problem is when people judge carelessly and don't expect to be called out on it.

No harm, no foul is meant as no one was shot or killed; not about who wet their pants, bunched their panties, or just got offended. So nothing to report.

We know exactly where opinion and judgement are different. Opinion starts with I don't think that's a great idea, and is usually kept to one's self unless it will likely do real harm. Judgement begins with I think so and so is stupid for insert whatever you disagree with. No blur. Keep it simple.

I believe the commiefornia controls started because the black panthers were tired of black people being persecuted and wanted to their government know that they were tired of it. Not entirely sure as I suck with history. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Carrying does not equal parading.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you live in Indiana, one is required to carry a handgun, with certain exceptions.

Point being, "god given" rights do not require a license.

Sorry, but your intended point falls short.

Our God given, or natural rights if you prefer, have clearly been infringed.

The fact that rights are commonly suppressed or even denied via force, threats of force or coercion in no way disproves the nature or legitimacy of those rights, it simply suggests that defending them can be quite costly.

It will always be easier to just go along with the flow of the majority opinion, but it will rarely if ever be the course of liberty.

Liberty demands a price be paid.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I know a few old timers that talk about how as kids, they'd carry a shotgun or 22 down Broadway. It was no big deal.

Neither were white and colored drinking fountains.

Times change.

picardholdhead2.gif

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    CROSSING the street. The local ordinances require you to NOT walk in the street IF there are sidewalks available (many places have no sidewalks). If you are not blocking traffic, there is not much I can do legally other than yell at you for being stupid.

How often do you yell at people for walking in the middle of the road? Totally irrelevant question, but I'm curious. I see fairly often, sometimes even where sidewalks exist.

Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    In regards to the article, did anyone else catch that the article said he was carrying an assault weapon similar to the one used in the Connecticut shooting? Although the shooter had an ar-15 in his car, he did not use it.

Top Bottom