• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    this type of display is really kind of asinine. he knew what he was doing; "he wasn't making any political statement"

no, he was making a statement of how much of a dumbass he can be. he was just showing his ass, kinda like a kid who hovers a leg over the patch with the sign "no walking on grass"

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    You know, it's frustrating that this kind of thing is news. If it's legal in his state then he is perfectly within his rights to do this, but in the hyper sensitive world in which we live today, this makes gun owners look like crazies. I hope that someday we can get society to a point that this sort of thing isn't news anymore, but right now we need to be getting exposure that reflects positively on us. This isn't it.

Why not? I'm in Carmel and was told by a leo if your permit is denied you can always carry a rifle. Why thedouble standard within our own right to carry.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...They must see that we see it as acceptable or they will never see it as acceptable.

Yep. This guy isn't hurting any "cause" compared to the social surrender of other gun owners and carriers willing to throw him under the bus.

Respect the practice of Liberty and the RKBA. Encourage it. Celebrate it. :rockwoot:

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Why not? I'm in Carmel and was told by a leo if your permit is denied you can always carry a rifle. Why thedouble standard within our own right to carry.

It's not a double standard within our right to carry. I already stated that we do not compromise on legislation, but with our right to carry comes the responsibility to reflect well on the eyes of the public, lest we lose our right in the first place.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Watching Vegas reminded me that it was once kosher to have a visible gun rack in the back window of your truck.

Heck, if I thought it wouldn't cause a big stink all the time, I would probably tote my M14 around with me all the time and wouldn't even own a handgun.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    What if this were a Mosin? A shotgun? A lever action Winchester 30-30? Does it really matter?

At the moment, I'd be out making a statement by carrying my long gun, probably the same statement that this person did (haven't read the article). It should be normal to carry firearms, any firearms, while doing your business.

We shouldn't be berating a firearm owner for doing what they please with their firearms, so long as they're not using it in some criminal act.

This is the same attitude that Frosty got for riding his bike with his AR strapped on. Who give a rusty rat's tuchus about the carry of firearms? We should be celebrating. We should be giving everyone support instead of shaking our fingers and tsk-tsking them.

Instead of backpedaling and being "politically correct" (I hate that term), I think it's time to be out in public with our long guns. We've been making a LOT of great headway with the normalization of OC. Our cities are apparently not safe and we should be showing that we're prepared to be the sheepdogs that we claim to be. We need to show these panty-waist media hacks that we're tired of being victimized by criminals and the media alike.

I'm NOT saying that we should be bringing out the rifles to be on the offense, but to be carrying our long guns so that we can be defensive.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    What if this were a Mosin? A shotgun? A lever action Winchester 30-30? Does it really matter?

At the moment, I'd be out making a statement by carrying my long gun, probably the same statement that this person did (haven't read the article). It should be normal to carry firearms, any firearms, while doing your business.

We shouldn't be berating a firearm owner for doing what they please with their firearms, so long as they're not using it in some criminal act.

This is the same attitude that Frosty got for riding his bike with his AR strapped on. Who give a rusty rat's tuchus about the carry of firearms? We should be celebrating. We should be giving everyone support instead of shaking our fingers and tsk-tsking them.

Instead of backpedaling and being "politically correct" (I hate that term), I think it's time to be out in public with our long guns. We've been making a LOT of great headway with the normalization of OC. Our cities are apparently not safe and we should be showing that we're prepared to be the sheepdogs that we claim to be. We need to show these panty-waist media hacks that we're tired of being victimized by criminals and the media alike.

I'm NOT saying that we should be bringing out the rifles to be on the offense, but to be carrying our long guns so that we can be defensive.

well said

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City

Very well said hammer

WTH, it told me it was too short and still posted it

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    People have become sensitized to seeing them, because no one carried them for so long that people grew up without seeing rifles carried around openly. So we need to desensitize them. Open carry marches are good. I know some have carried rifles in them.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Lots of name calling towards the man who carried the rifle. I find it funny how nobody called T_F nasty names when he decided to ride his bike with a rifle on his back.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    People have become sensitized to seeing them, because no one carried them for so long that people grew up without seeing rifles carried around openly. So we need to desensitize them. Open carry marches are good. I know some have carried rifles in them.

OC marches are fine. But they're not enough. I don't recommend the idea of having a rifle rack in the back window of your truck, but I do recommend having one of these to keep your long gun in your vehicle.

I say don't stop with just having an OC march. I say start carrying your rifles. Make a statement. You want to ensure that gun owners are taken seriously, show that you're absolutely serious about your safety.

The ONLY reason I am not doing so already is that I do not currently own a long gun.

This will be remedied as soon as possible.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I am all for 2A and having the ability to carry such firearms as mentioned in the article, but I don't think this kid is helping our cause by pushing the envelope this way. At 24 years old, he should be mature enough to have some common sense.

Weren't you the guy who was drunk so you let your underage kid drive and got all your guns confiscated? I think you are the last one who should be talking about "helping our cause."

At least this guy wasn't breaking the law unlike some.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Agreed. Sounds like the guy was looking to **** someone off. That's the move of a jerk, and I, personally, don't want guys like this on my side.

You aren't on a side, you are on the internet. Get off your butt and do something constructive- then you can be on a side.

Fair warning, guys that get their hands dirty and aren't afraid to **** a few people off to do what's RIGHT don't have time for people who whine, ***** and complain.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    When I pick up my new M1A I will be OC'ing it somewhere... I don't want to leave it in the truck it might get drunk and drive before opening fire on people for no reason... all that because I was in a produce isle and not watching it.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville

that sir, is just fine and dandy. THAT is speading a message and making a statement. Entirely different from what the kid did - news report said he was not 'making a statement'

I'll say it again, showing his ass. This is exactly like this story - Pot smokers gather under Seattle's Space Needle to celebrate legalization of marijuana - PhotoBlog

flaunting it in the name of the law. it puts EVERYone who smokes in a bad light.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Just like guns did not suddenly become socially unacceptable, they will not suddenly become acceptable again because you shove the "biggest and scariest" of them into people's faces. I'm a strong supporter of OC, and I feel that it is a gateway to less fear of guns in the general public, but OCing a handgun and OCing an AR-15 are two different things in the eyes of the public and the media. Now is not the time. Organized march, that's one thing, but one "crazy" skulking around with an AR-15 doesn't look good at all.

Top Bottom