• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Anyone that is complaining about what that guy carried, how he carried, where he carried it, whatever, is buying into the same bull**** fed by the media that the public in general is. And it's turning everyone against themselves and each other to take heat off the anti's trying to feed more bull****. If **** does ever hit the fan, we're already divided, and we're ****ed.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    You are under the assumption that public opinion affects my right to Bear Arms. It does not. My right precedes the Constitution of this country, it is the politicians who are infringing it.

I will carry how I see fit, nothing you say will change that. If more people just minded their own GD business this world would be a lot more like how they say they want it.

Getting pissy about a guy with a gun makes you sound like one of the little old ladies at the hair parlor dishing out the newest gossip.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on all points, and while those politicians are the ones infringing on your rights and mine, they are in a position to do so, and will continue to do so as long as it might get them reelected. What would you have us do, not give a damn about taking steps to change opinions of us, and wait until they remove this nation's recognition of our rights? What then, when they come knocking at your door are you going to start killing them? At what point do you say, let's try not to have a revolution, how about evolution. How about trying to get back to where we once were through the same method by which we got here. Slowly and with as little bloodshed as possible.

You can throw a hissy fit because IT'S NOT FAIR! but that doesn't mean your going to get the desired result. No, what's more likely is your going to get your ass handed to you by the tyrants that the people around you put into power while you were too busy being a brat to make any positive moves for your cause, even if you deem them to be "politically correct".

Ever heard of the "Overton Window"? look it up, it's the exact political mechanism that got us to this sad state, and it's the one that can also most easily get us back. It just needs to be shifted in a different direction, those who are winning public opinion are the ones steering it. I for one would like that to be the liberty movement.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I agree with you wholeheartedly on all points, and while those politicians are the ones infringing on your rights and mine, they are in a position to do so, and will continue to do so as long as it might get them reelected. What would you have us do, not give a damn about taking steps to change opinions of us, and wait until they remove this nation's recognition of our rights? What then, when they come knocking at your door are you going to start killing them? At what point do you say, let's try not to have a revolution, how about evolution. How about trying to get back to where we once were through the same method by which we got here. Slowly and with as little bloodshed as possible.

You can throw a hissy fit because IT'S NOT FAIR! but that doesn't mean your going to get the desired result. No, what's more likely is your going to get your ass handed to you by the tyrants that the people around you put into power while you were too busy being a brat to make any positive moves for your cause, even if you deem them to be "politically correct".

Ever heard of the "Overton Window"? look it up, it's the exact political mechanism that got us to this sad state, and it's the one that can also most easily get us back. It just needs to be shifted in a different direction, those who are winning public opinion are the ones steering it. I for one would like that to be the liberty movement.

Anything like your Salami tactics?

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Anything like your Salami tactics?

So that's how it is, any opposition to your notion that you bear no responsibility for the maintenance of your rights is an agent of the enemy.

Can't handle the fact that someone who loves his freedoms just as much as you do might just have a different and well founded opinion on how to protect those freedoms? I come here to add to the discussion. I bring positive arguments, you sir are the only one bringing division to the table.

If this man had been harassed by law enforcement then I would stand by him and his rights wholeheartedly. If you want to carry an AR-15 or an AK-47 around for self defense then have at it, I'll support your right to do so all the way, and in better times I might join you, but that doesn't mean that I also think it's a great idea in these tense times.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

How do you propose to do all of this with the biased media? The folks out there carrying guns and doing nothing wrong are doing what needs to be done which is doing nothing illegal while carrying their firearms legally and they still get hammered. DO you have any answers or is someone that Open Carries a pistol or a rifle just a nut case in your eyes?

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    So that's how it is, any opposition to your notion that you bear no responsibility for the maintenance of your rights is an agent of the enemy.

Can't handle the fact that someone who loves his freedoms just as much as you do might just have a different and well founded opinion on how to protect those freedoms? I come here to add to the discussion. I bring positive arguments, you sir are the only one bringing division to the table.

If this man had been harassed by law enforcement then I would stand by him and his rights wholeheartedly. If you want to carry an AR-15 or an AK-47 around for self defense then have at it, I'll support your right to do so all the way, and in better times I might join you, but that doesn't mean that I also think it's a great idea in these tense times.

"Can't handle the fact that someone who loves his freedoms just as much as you do might just have a different and well founded opinion on how to protect those freedoms? I come here to add to the discussion. I bring positive arguments, you sir are the only one bringing division to the table."

So that's how you slice your Salami Mr. Obama! :laugh:

Last edited:

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    How do you propose to do all of this with the biased media? The folks out there carrying guns and doing nothing wrong are doing what needs to be done which is doing nothing illegal while carrying their firearms legally and they still get hammered. DO you have any answers or is someone that Open Carries a pistol or a rifle just a nut case in your eyes?

Nope, just as I said in an earlier post, I'm a strong advocate of OC for sidearms. I think it serves as an excellent gateway for gun exposure. Through my eyes anybody who carries in any way is a patriot, but my eyes aren't the ones I'm concerned about. We win the PR war with those around us, with whom we interact daily. We can actually fight with good success in the world of social media. The best we can do with the biased media is give them as little ammunition as possible.

As I have repeatedly said, we have a responsibility to do what is best for the perception of our rights. That means that we don't compromise on a scrap of legislation, but we do as much as we can to help our image in the eyes of those who could take the recognition of our rights away.

"Can't handle the fact that someone who loves his freedoms just as much as you do might just have a different and well founded opinion on how to protect those freedoms? I come here to add to the discussion. I bring positive arguments, you sir are the only one bringing division to the table."

So that's how you slice your Salami Mr. Obama! :laugh:

I find your ignorance absolutely stunning.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Every one of you who said this or that about how this guy shouldnt have carried his AR for self defense SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!!!! Talk about a bunch of hypocrites... Well I say go for it, if it is LEGAL, then damnit to hell, do it.

I just cant believe the amount of hypocrites on this forum... sheesh...

Gunner

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    You believe that the carry of long guns as a means of self defense is a sorry way to exercise our rights. You believe that we should give a flying fornication at a rolling donut about PR and media perception.

You believe that people have a right not to be offended.

Well, sir, I am offended at your position.

I don't give two :poop::poop: s about what the media thinks about me. I don't care what liberal panty-waist nancy boys think about me.

I don't care if they believe that the carry of long guns, hand guns, or full battle rattle is incorrect or if it offends their sensibilities.

We keep seeing only the negative because every time something bad happens, gun owners like you recoil in fear and shame.

I'm tired of feeling like we should be ashamed of the fact that we're strong enough to protect ourselves and those around us.

Standing up for our rights and excersizing our rights ARE NOT GROUNDS to strip us of our rights.

And any politician or citizen who believes that they can continue to infringe on our rights and keep pursuing any type of "gun control" or "reasonable restrictions" are to be branded as traitors and treated accordingly.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Nope, just as I said in an earlier post, I'm a strong advocate of OC for sidearms. I think it serves as an excellent gateway for gun exposure. Through my eyes anybody who carries in any way is a patriot, but my eyes aren't the ones I'm concerned about. We win the PR war with those around us, with whom we interact daily. We can actually fight with good success in the world of social media. The best we can do with the biased media is give them as little ammunition as possible.

As I have repeatedly said, we have a responsibility to do what is best for the perception of our rights. That means that we don't compromise on a scrap of legislation, but we do as much as we can to help our image in the eyes of those who could take the recognition of our rights away.

I find your ignorance absolutely stunning.

The only way to do that though is hide our guns. Look what they did to T_Frost here in Evansville, you would think he was a lunatic with a gun running around waving it in the air they way they write the articles.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    You believe that the carry of long guns as a means of self defense is a sorry way to exercise our rights.

Never said that, in fact I said quite the opposite when I said that I would gladly join you in the carry of a long gun for self defense in less volatile times.

You believe that we should give a flying fornication at a rolling donut about PR and media perception.

Nope, I don't give a rats ass about the media's perception of us, I do however care about the people's perception of us. Since they elect the politicians and we are not the majority.

You believe that people have a right not to be offended.

Never said anything like that. People don't have any right not to be offended, but that doesn't make it good policy to run around deliberately offending those who just so happen to hold the reins of this nation.

Well, sir, I am offended at your position.

That's fine, I don't really give a crap about your feelings, considering that we are on the same side of the liberty argument. I'm not terribly concerned that I'm going to lose you to the Anti-Rights movement just because we disagree on one subtle point.

I don't give two :poop::poop: s about what the media thinks about me. I don't care what liberal panty-waist nancy boys think about me.

That's fine, neither do I, however as I stated already, it does matter what the masses think about all of us.

I don't care if they believe that the carry of long guns, hand guns, or full battle rattle is incorrect or if it offends their sensibilities.

Same here, but again, this sort of stuff is clearly not entirely kosher in the public eye right now, and the public holds the power.

We keep seeing only the negative because every time something bad happens, gun owners like you recoil in fear and shame.

I disagree, when something bad happens I stand and fight, when something silly happens like this I stand behind the rights involved, but can still be of the opinion that it probably wasn't the best idea given the current political circumstances.

I'm tired of feeling like we should be ashamed of the fact that we're strong enough to protect ourselves and those around us.

From your mouth to God's ears. I intend to fight for that glorious day in the way that I see as most likely to yield results. I make no demands that you follow me.

Standing up for our rights and excersizing our rights ARE NOT GROUNDS to strip us of our rights.

Agreed, but when standing up for something that is right, is an all or nothing strategy always the best thing for the cause?

And any politician or citizen who believes that they can continue to infringe on our rights and keep pursuing any type of "gun control" or "reasonable restrictions" are to be branded as traitors and treated accordingly.

Agreed, but who is going to do these things but the public by whom these politicians are employed?

I don't really know what else to say. I feel I've been perfectly reasonable with my explanation of my opinion. I think if you actually read my posts, it's pretty clear that I am not calling the guy out as having been wrong in any way, and that I fully support the carry of any firearm any way you please. The only point that I have made here is that I don't think it's the wisest thing to do during these particular times. If that's too much for you guys then I suggest that you grow some thicker skin.

Have a good one everybody!

Last edited:

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I find it interesting that this story made the news without the police getting involved. The article merely states that a man was legally carrying his rifle in a city. It doesn't say a man was held at gunpoint, proned out on the ground, and accosted by police for two hours before being let go in a city. So.... +1 to Portland PD?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The sheep are still running around from the Connecticut shooting yelling that no one NEEDS these rifles. This does NOTHING to counter that argument and nothing to further OUR cause. Right or wrong, gun owners are under a microscope. Act accordingly. This guy was grandstanding, plain and simple. Just like I tell my coworkers, "What you did might be legal, it might not violate policy, but it still made us (fellow LEO's) look bad and further existing stereotypes. The rest of us would appreciate if you knocked that crap off as we are doing our best to counter those stereotypes." I might have more respect for this guy if he was passing out flyers and politely trying to engage people that 99.99% of "evil black rifles" are law abiding, tax paying, neighbors, similar to what was done here a year or 2 back. I can respect that. But this was useless other than to reinforce negative stereotypes.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Don’t let common sense and concern for our image stand in the way of parading around town looking like John Rambo. I bet if I put on my Voodoo 7 pocket chest rig loaded with Kriss Vector extended capacity .45 acp magazines, sling my evil black Kriss Vector pistol over my shoulder and parade around the Fort Wayne courthouse and City/County Building, I’ll convince everyone that this is perfectly acceptable behavior. I’ll probably have people running up wanting to thank me for exercising my legal right to do so. Once the FWPD and SWAT teams let me up off the pavement, I’m sure they will pat me on the back and thank me as well.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    The sheep are still running around from the Connecticut shooting yelling that no one NEEDS these rifles. This does NOTHING to counter that argument and nothing to further OUR cause. Right or wrong, gun owners are under a microscope. Act accordingly. This guy was grandstanding, plain and simple. Just like I tell my coworkers, "What you did might be legal, it might not violate policy, but it still made us (fellow LEO's) look bad and further existing stereotypes. The rest of us would appreciate if you knocked that crap off as we are doing our best to counter those stereotypes." I might have more respect for this guy if he was passing out flyers and politely trying to engage people that 99.99% of "evil black rifles" are law abiding, tax paying, neighbors, similar to what was done here a year or 2 back. I can respect that. But this was useless other than to reinforce negative stereotypes.

+1

everyone needs to CTFD. stop pissing on the media and giving them reasons to attack us, coz it doesnt matter what anyone thinks or says, because no one thinks, or says.

media controls the population. stop pissing on them. we might be in the right, but whipping your dick out in front of everyone is just bad form, and makes us ALL look like tools.

Top Bottom