• 357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    The guy was looking for attention.

No reason for carrying a rifle for SD.

Like many have said, there is a time and a place, this was not the time.

Afghanistan would be the place for an AK for SD, NOT ! Maine

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

So what if he WAS looking for attention. You don't actually know so why speculate? Have you ever had your daily events scrutinized on the internet?

There are reasons, perhaps none to you, but that is why this is the land of the free (is it really anymore?).

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy

There's a time and place for semi auto pistols like Afghanistan....

See what I did there? Why cant you defend yourself with a nice single action army only? Or a muzzleloader or nice flint lock pistol.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Guys, it's not that he shouldn't have done it, it's just that this sort of thing does not make good press. WE NEED GOOD PRESS, or at least as little bad press as possible, right now especially.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Guys, it's not that he shouldn't have done it, it's just that this sort of thing does not make good press. WE NEED GOOD PRESS, or at least as little bad press as possible, right now especially.

Blow it out your ass. There is no good press for gun owners, just live your life and tell anyone who screws with you to **** off.

I mean come on! There were active shooters stopped by legal carriers and none of the national news networks said one thing about it. And now this, a legal guy minding his own ****ing business is made out to be a wacko and his fellow gun owners are turing on him because they are so scared how the MEDIA is portraying them. Get over it and move on, nothing to see here.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN

Can we get your phone number so when we decide to carry we can make sure it meets with YOUR approval and the rest of the liberal nut cases that control the 'GOOD PRESS'?

Any suggestions on the 'Good Press' dress of the day? Would that be ONLY CC with IWB or OWB. Is a ankle holster a little flashy or should I cover it with my socks?????

Oh yeah :welcome:

Great now we have TWO new guys here to save us from ourselves...................AGAIN!

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Blow it out your ass. There is no good press for gun owners, just live your life and tell anyone who screws with you to **** off.

I mean come on! There were active shooters stopped by legal carriers and none of the national news networks said one thing about it. And now this, a legal guy minding his own ****ing business is made out to be a wacko and his fellow gun owners are turing on him because they are so scared how the MEDIA is portraying them. Get over it and move on, nothing to see here.

+1 if you want to see good publicity for gun owners then try watching the outdoor channel more often.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    A little too much for me. Just because it is legal, does not mean we should. Discretion is a good thing sometimes.

Don

Why not its legal. It is legal for a reason because you have the right to do it.

What's the point of a right to do something if you can't do it because your worried about someone else?

So you would sacrifices your rights and the rights of others to give a 3rd party a feel good moment?

That's just silly.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W

Great attitude!...you live (and a few others) in a very small world.

Please!... no person in this country has any need to carry a AK for self defense!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Please!... no person in this country has any need to carry a AK for self defense!

YOU live in the small world thinking you can tell other people what they need to live their lives. What about someone who can't get a LTCH for financial reasons but has a rifle?

I used to carry a rifle or shotgun in my truck while I was waiting for my LTCH. 11 weeks is a long wait when you have a charged but never convicted felon with guns living next to you and making threats. :twocents:

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Good publicity is carrying your weapons. Openly and helping little old ladies a crossed the street, or opening doors, giving people jump starts.

We as gun owners need to be battling in the trenches and streets. Its already proven that the media is biased and we can't get anywhere. Perhaps its time to get the liberals and media where it matters.

Carrying your weapon of choice while doing everyday tasks, while helping people, The sheep need to be reminded before they read biased liberal media that guns are around them all the time and no one gets hurt..

Oh yeah that nice man who helped dig them out or started their car had a gun and he was nice.

What might really help in our state is an INGO blood drive or a day serving homeless ppeople meals.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Good publicity is carrying your weapons. Openly and helping little old ladies a crossed the street, or opening doors, giving people jump starts.

We as gun owners need to be battling in the trenches and streets. Its already proven that the media is biased and we can't get anywhere. Perhaps its time to get the liberals and media where it matters.

Carrying your weapon of choice while doing everyday tasks, while helping people, The sheep need to be reminded before they read biased liberal media that guns are around them all the time and no one gets hurt..

Oh yeah that nice man who helped dig them out or started their car had a gun and he was nice.

What might really help in our state is an INGO blood drive or a day serving homeless ppeople meals.

No one hardly notices when I carry. I'm just "the nice kid who..."

I think I need to print out some "Zoo man" business cards to hand out with a link to the story :laugh:

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Can we get your phone number so when we decide to carry we can make sure it meets with YOUR approval and the rest of the liberal nut cases that control the 'GOOD PRESS'?

Any suggestions on the 'Good Press' dress of the day? Would that be ONLY CC with IWB or OWB. Is a ankle holster a little flashy or should I cover it with my socks?????

Oh yeah :welcome:

Great now we have TWO new guys here to save us from ourselves...................AGAIN!

Check my post history before you make assumptions about my desire to "save you from yourself". I think you'll find that I am firmly focused on liberty and responsibility for that liberty. I am simply expressing my perfectly reasonable opinion on a current event, and advocating a more tactful approach to bringing gun ownership and carry back into the main stream.

I find it interesting that a group of people who so strongly advocate responsibility when it comes to the rights that they enjoy, can't handle the concept of taking responsibility for the messaging and perception of that right even when it shifts into an unpopular position in the public eye. The same public, mind you, that can bring about an end to the recognition of that right.

Who do you think is going to defend us if not ourselves, who do you think is fighting the PR war for us? How many people who were not already on the side of freedom, do you think saw this article and were suddenly converts? I would wager exactly zero.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Check my post history before you make assumptions about my desire to "save you from yourself". I think you'll find that I am firmly focused on liberty and responsibility for that liberty. I am simply expressing my perfectly reasonable opinion on a current event, and advocating a more tactful approach to bringing gun ownership and carry back into the main stream.

I find it interesting that a group of people who so strongly advocate responsibility when it comes to the rights that they enjoy, can't handle the concept of taking responsibility for the messaging and perception of that right even when it shifts into an unpopular position in the public eye. The same public, mind you, that can bring about an end to the recognition of that right.

Who do you think is going to defend us if not ourselves, who do you think is fighting the PR war for us? How many people who were not already on the side of freedom, do you think saw this article and were suddenly converts? I would wager exactly zero.

You are under the assumption that public opinion affects my right to Bear Arms. It does not. My right precedes the Constitution of this country, it is the politicians who are infringing it.

I will carry how I see fit, nothing you say will change that. If more people just minded their own GD business this world would be a lot more like how they say they want it.

Getting pissy about a guy with a gun makes you sound like one of the little old ladies at the hair parlor dishing out the newest gossip.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I'm with Frosty on this one...

My right to carry is just that my right. Should we stop WBC from protests because it offends someone else?

No F No Heck No..... its their right.

If I want to sling an M60 on my back while shopping produce I would its my right.

Top Bottom