Major Davis Jr's family spoke out about shooting today. This is what they said..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Renn has a monther, a wife, a family...when the hell is WISH TV going to give them some equal time?

Seriously? Don't you think if they wanted air time Wish TV would be more than glad to give it to them or did I miss the News WISHTV refused to air Officer Renn's family's statements?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Renn has a monther, a wife, a family...when the hell is WISH TV going to give them some equal time?

Just a guess, but I doubt his mother or wife are the kind of attention whores who like to share their private grief with the general public.:dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    By showing the other side, you were able to get the answer to “why someone would do this?” We wanted to give insight into the mind of the people/family who were involved so there was some context and exposure for you into this world. For some, maybe it’s a world you are already familiar with; for others it may be something you cannot even comprehend. It was difficult for many of us to watch and understand — mostly for the reporter who did the story. Her father is a veteran of IMPD.

I have to say that I was incensed when I saw the family's response. I interpreted what they said within my own understanding of the world and it doesn't make any sense for sane people to respond that way, denial or not. The families of the lunatics involved in the recent mass shootings didn't respond that way. There's no excuse except that they have a distorted understanding of reality.

By showing the other side, they did not answer "why?". I already knew "why" from the comments of INGO cops. The ****bag wanted to avenge his criminal dad.

But I did get a glimpse into the mind of those involved. I can't say I'm more enlightened for it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Why was this guy shooting an AK in the first place? Didn't the officer respond to "shots fired"? I haven't seen an explanation of what starting it yet but I haven't read every story.

Does the family excuse recreational AK shooting downtown?

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Withe the mindset these gang bangers have, it is really all that can be done.

They don't respect life, their's or anyone else's. No law or threat of punishment will deter them from committing crime. It is truly a sad/hopeless situation.

I work downtown, and my floor is situated between the public defender offices. I have to bite my tongue when these mostly young attorneys get on the elevator and brag about plea deals and the like. Now I have no idea what kind of cases they are talking about, and I realize it's their "job", but just the thought that they are pushing for a lesser charge for some scum bag makes me want to reach over and choke them senseless.

Last edited:

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Why was this guy shooting an AK in the first place? Didn't the officer respond to "shots fired"? I haven't seen an explanation of what starting it yet but I haven't read every story.

Does the family excuse recreational AK shooting downtown?

Yes, there is no government subsidized indoor range.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I have to bite my tongue when these mostly young attorneys get on the elevator and brag about plea deals and the like..

That's why we need the sorry ass politicians , lawyers and judges out of the picture and let the officers take the gloves off until these morons get the point that they can't just do whatever they want .

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    There are no adaquate words for what I am feeling about this POS and his family. "Major is not a bad person...". :bs: He is a lowlife thug, plain and simple. He shot and killed a cop, it doesn't matter that Officer Renn was a cop, but a human being that happened to be a cop. How in the @#%* does that make him, "Not a bad person"?

As a resident of Indianapolis, it is time we take our city back. I am NOT suggesting or advocating violence, but a statement needs to be made, and it needs to ring loud and clear.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Multi generational failure of the parents. Three, maybe four generations of single parents and their hoodlum sons with no father at home to be a teacher, a mentor, and a shining example of what it is to be a man. A sad public education system and a social safety net that offers nothing in the way of behavioral modification, or examples of how men are to act. These men have what it takes to make the baby but not the guts to raise a child...and momma, you're at fault too. You have to stop making babies with men that think nothing of you or that child...that kid is more than just a increase in monthly subsidy. Stop being so stupid, it's not cool. Take advantage of the opportunities that society has given you and get up out of that rut.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .........Do you think the comment that "The cop should have stayed in his car" has any validity? ......

You don't understand the mindset. You can't understand the response. You don't live in that world.

Let's not forget: "If George Zimmerman didn't get out of his truck this would have never happened!!"

You saw that ^^^^^^ ****ed up logic being spouted right here on INGO.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    As a resident of Indianapolis, it is time we take our city back. I am NOT suggesting or advocating violence, but a statement needs to be made, and it needs to ring loud and clear.
    I know what you are saying. Indianapolis is ALL our city. We are all part of it. It's time the law abiding majority takes ownership back from the minority of criminals. Driving by a crime in progress and deciding to call 911 when you get to the office is not enough. If you see a person beating the crap out of another and you are driving by, pull over (away from them) and call 911. Stay on the line until we arrive. That way if they move, you can tell us where they went. If you see stangers walking around your neighbor's house, call 911. Stay on the line and give us the blow by blow. Let us know who you are so we and talk to you and add you as a witness. I am NOT advocating jumping into a situation that could place you in danger but at least care enough to call us or check to make sure the victim is ok. Video record what you see, even us. Be smart.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You don't understand the mindset. You can't understand the response. You don't live in that world.

Let's not forget: "If George Zimmerman didn't get out of his truck this would have never happened!!"

You saw that ^^^^^^ ****ed up logic being spouted right here on INGO.
    I see it every day. I've seen it for years. Thug logic is so turned around that it is hard to comprehend. This "logic" allows them to justify burglaries, robberies, shooting cops, etc. Their family supports this "logic" and actively teach it to the young kids or if they don't, kids teach other kids. The "logic" is so ingrained that there is little I can do as a street officer to change it. Many of us have been on long enough to have witnessed the arrests of generations of the same family.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by GPIA7R
    .........Do you think the comment that "The cop should have stayed in his car" has any validity? ......

Have you read Life At The Bottom yet? Go read it and it will all make sense to you.

"The knife went in."

Passive voice. Focus on others. Go read the book.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    It's very detail specific.

I agree, it is very detail specific. You have seen my posts though, I'm sure of it. With no laws being broken, a stop for firearm related questioning should be none. For a firearm related offense, it should be directly related to the offense and not fishing.

Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Multi generational failure of the parents. Three, maybe four generations of single parents and their hoodlum sons with no father at home to be a teacher, a mentor, and a shining example of what it is to be a man. A sad public education system and a social safety net that offers nothing in the way of behavioral modification, or examples of how men are to act. These men have what it takes to make the baby but not the guts to raise a child...and momma, you're at fault too. You have to stop making babies with men that think nothing of you or that child...that kid is more than just a increase in monthly subsidy. Stop being so stupid, it's not cool. Take advantage of the opportunities that society has given you and get up out of that rut.

PistolBob hit the nail on the head. When is this country going to be ready to have the discussion about our cultural breakdown?

Top Bottom