Major Davis Jr's family spoke out about shooting today. This is what they said..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Working as a supervisor in a state prison, I deal with these types of individuals on a daily basis. I find their lack of accountability astounding at times. The part that gets me is that it does not feel that they know they are responsible, but just want someone else to think it wasnt their fault. A lot of these people, who come from this culture and background honestly think with the entire fiber of their being that things are not their fault. Some of them, it is NEVER their fault. Even the ones Ive seen 4 times in 7 years. Its literally mind blowing at times.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    The story they ran was appalling, but there is a benefit to them featuring the viewpoint of the family. We get to see the twisted logic of how these people think and how that thinking keeps breeding generation after generation of criminals.

I see many people on Facebook who are upset at the story, but my opinion on the story is the same as yours. While to good people those relatives opinions are appalling and illogical, the story itself is almost a public service to give people an insight on how many people in this country think. I have no idea how widespread this mentality is, but this isn't the first time stories like this have aired. Recall the CCW who shot the robber while helping a friend move into an apartment in downtown Indy. They interviewed the robbers family and they claimed that four bullets was excessive force. There was another interview where the entire family just looked ticked off and the one speaking was claiming similar things about their offender kin being unjustly killed. It is absolutely important that people see this mentality on full display. Some of these people actually vote and I wonder if they would have their politicians totally change our self-defense laws.

The family just lost another member (to prison, if he survives), so of course they are going to be upset and refuse to believe he was doing anything wrong.

The issue is that they should admit he was doing wrong. I don't think this is just because the situation is new and it wouldn't surprise me if they defend this guy till the end. There are some cases where parents and relatives have to come to an inner admission that what their child did was wrong. An example would be the case of the four young people from Elkhart who were found guilty of felony murder. Five of them planned, what they claim, was a burglary. I believe four entered the home and the homeowner killed one. The remaining four were charged with felony murder as someone died in the commission of their felony. These are young adults, just barely teens. Of the four, one took a deal, the others went to trial and lost big. Of course they are appealing their multiple decade long prison sentences. The families fully admit their sons should be charged with felonies, they just disagree with the application of the felony murder doctrine and the length of the prison terms that such a charge brings. The family on Channel 8 just comes across as never, ever going to believe their relative did anything wrong.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    My daughters picture was shared on wthr Facebook page placing her teddy bear on Ofc. Renns patrol car. I was scrolling the comments on the picture and saw a completely ignorant statement so decided to click the profile and read more. Nothing but blatant ignorance and displacement of blame...the same mentality that is so prevalant in "the hood"

Screenshot_2014-07-08-06-05-38_zpswqh8du5d.png

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    My daughters picture was shared on wthr Facebook page placing her teddy bear on Ofc. Renns patrol car. I was scrolling the comments on the picture and saw a completely ignorant statement so decided to click the profile and read more. Nothing but blatant ignorance and displacement of blame...the same mentality that is so prevalant in "the hood"

Screenshot_2014-07-08-06-05-38_zpswqh8du5d.png

I am at a loss for words that can be typed here.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Do they realize with 10 millions signatures, she still won't see her son?

Those under arrest have no visitation with 24 hour police watch and are cuffed to the bed.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    This is infuriating:

In 2006 Davis was arrested for cocaine possession by Officer Greg Milburn, who survived a gunshot to the chest of his protective vest during a gunbattle in May with a man who killed two women before being cut down by police bullets.

A year later Davis was arrested again and charged with cocaine possession and carrying a handgun without a license. Next to Davis on the couch when police entered his living room were two 7.62 SKS rifles, similar to the weapon police said killed Officer Renn.

Read more: FOX59 uncovers troubled history of suspect in IMPD officer?s murder | Fox 59 News ? fox59.com

So, he embraced the thug life. Sure, he probably got his guns illegally. On the other hand, at minimum, why wasn't he listed as a felon, EVEN WITH FELONIOUS RECORDS? This is akin to someone being labeled a danger to themselves or others, then buying a gun no problem due to "paperwork issues".

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Oxygen thieves one and all. Can't wait to see how the rest of his clan grow up:xmad:
    Bet they will get SS after their POS daddy dies:xmad:
    Better stop. Getting angrier by the second.**** these worthless mother ****ers

Bob

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is infuriating:

In 2006 Davis was arrested for cocaine possession by Officer Greg Milburn, who survived a gunshot to the chest of his protective vest during a gunbattle in May with a man who killed two women before being cut down by police bullets.

A year later Davis was arrested again and charged with cocaine possession and carrying a handgun without a license. Next to Davis on the couch when police entered his living room were two 7.62 SKS rifles, similar to the weapon police said killed Officer Renn.

Read more: FOX59 uncovers troubled history of suspect in IMPD officer?s murder | Fox 59 News ? fox59.com

So, he embraced the thug life. Sure, he probably got his guns illegally. On the other hand, at minimum, why wasn't he listed as a felon, EVEN WITH FELONIOUS RECORDS? This is akin to someone being labeled a danger to themselves or others, then buying a gun no problem due to "paperwork issues".
    As soon as judges lawyers parole officers and prosecutors get arrested for allowing these kinds to go free or not be held accountable for their crimes. It will end quickly! The revolving door at least.
    They (these animal coward thugs) cannot be reformed. The only punishment fitting is death and hopefully before they reproduce.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So if there is a robbery reported with the suspect being a (insert your physical description) wearing a black shirt and jeans and you match the description up to and including the clothes you arent fair game for a quick game of 20 questions simply because the officers are expected to have ESP? Please. If shots are fired and cops see someone holding a long gun of COURSE they are fair game for questions.

Did you read my post or just see that someone said a stop should not be made?

Let me be a bit more clear for you, although I thought I was clear enough. A stop for a firearm check, absent a suspected crime, should not be made.

Examples: I'm carrying a rifle, no crime has been reported nearby with a suspect matching my description, an officer should not be able to make a stop.

You're walking with a shotgun, an officer should not be able to stop you to question you.

If there is probable cause that a crime may have been commited, IE guy running away from a crime or matching the description of a suspect, they should absolutely be able to stop you. What sense does it make to not be able to stop someone in certain circumstances?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I must have misunderstood. I thought you were saying "no stop" was an absolute, regardless of active incidents. Sorry.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    371   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Another member of the immediate community has a say:

INDIANAPOLIS – A woman who knows the man accused of fatally shooting IMPD Officer Perry Renn over the weekend says he had become angry and bitter toward police. April Spells owns the grey and yellow house at the corner of 34th St. and Forest Manor Avenue...However, Spells says none of Davis’ anger justifies the killing of a police officer.

In fact, she says she knew and respected Officer Renn after meeting him on several occasions. “He was a great man, a family man,” Spells told FOX59. “And he was here to do what he was supposed to do, and that was to serve and protect our streets of Indianapolis.” Spells spent more than a decade running a beauty salon out of her house at the corner of 34th and Forest Manor Avenue. She says Officer Renn went above and beyond to make her and her neighbors feel safe.

On several occasions, Spells says officer Renn would wait in his police car to make sure she made it safely to her own car after closing her beauty shop late at night. “He felt like this was his neighborhood,” she said. “This was his job and not only a job, I felt like he reached over and beyond the call of duty.”

Read more: Witness, family friend describe events leading up to officer?s killing | Fox 59 News ? fox59.com

Last edited:
    Top Bottom