Major Davis Jr's family spoke out about shooting today. This is what they said..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I just typed out a really long post, but in my own best interest I deleted it all and decided not to post it. I will only say this: I am appalled. Utterly and completely appalled. These people clearly don't understand what accountability is and they most likely never will. I actually pity future generations

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I just typed out a really long post, but in my own best interest I deleted it all and decided not to post it. I will only say this: I am appalled. Utterly and completely appalled. These people clearly don't understand what accountability is and they most likely never will. I actually pity future generations

At some point society will have to deal with this mindset, and it won't involve throwing more money at it. It also won't be pretty...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That has been my reference to this for a long time. It is exactly where we are heading.
    Withe the mindset these gang bangers have, it is really all that can be done.

They don't respect life, their's or anyone else's. No law or threat of punishment will deter them from committing crime. It is truly a sad/hopeless situation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Withe the mindset these gang bangers have, it is really all that can be done.

They don't respect life, their's or anyone else's. No law or threat of punishment will deter them from committing crime. It is truly a sad/hopeless situation.

As I have posted repeatedly....it starts in the home and neighborhood. They are mindless and out of control from diapers. They have no idea what we as a society stand for and have no intentions of being a part of it. They will do as they please.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    That family has never been more proud of their precious baby-daddy thug Major avenging the death of his own baby-daddy before him. He's a hero in their eyes. I'd love to sit down over a beer with any LE/Fire/EMS on this or any other similar scenario and listen to the threats and degradation they endured trying to save sweet Major. I'd love to hear the dialogue over at the jail where ol' Maj and the other recent baby-daddyin' murdering thugs are being housed. There's probably more intelligent chatter at the local animal shelter. The media will probably never report that side of these incidents.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Seeking an opinion here

Do you think the comment that "The cop should have stayed in his car" has any validity? Obviously this event never should have taken place, and the idiot never should have fired at the officer...

But there's a non-zero number of people here that think the presence of a rifle should not warrant a stop/search situation.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    But there's a non-zero number of people here that think the presence of a rifle should not warrant a stop/search situation.
    If they (LEO) get a call of shots fired (or if you hear shots in your neighborhood ) and you're the guy walking around with the gun then yes you should be checked out .

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Seeking an opinion here

Do you think the comment that "The cop should have stayed in his car" has any validity? Obviously this event never should have taken place, and the idiot never should have fired at the officer...

I think I know of a few of those you speak. If they do indeed hold this idea in their noggins of the most absolute of absolutes in regards to open carry and our absolute right to never be even looked at by the police for doing so, I lost what respect I had for them. They are just as bad as the grabbers who say absolutely no guns of any kind, period.

So, the Police should just stay in the cars if there are firearms present? Thats the answer? Maybe the Police should just stay in their police stations, because there are criminals out in the community...

This is just an extension of "This is our 'hood. We rule it and do what we please. You aint welcome, pig."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I am appalled that you would publish such disrespectful drivel as you did in "Murder suspect's family speaks out..." While I'm sure in your mind it was journalistic integrity to provide "the other side of the story", it is not. Not all view points are equally valid, not all opinions are equal, and not all thoughts deserve to be aired to the public and thus validated to some degree.

While it is your 1st amendment right to publish and air such trash, it is also the people's right to react to what you publish. It is my right to boycott you, contact your advertisers to request they withdraw their support, and encourage others to do so. You have lost both my viewership and my respect.

Let's start a list of their advertisers and those who are inclined to do so can contact them.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Jimmy Johns.

I am contacting you to request that you withdraw advertising support from Wish TV in the Indianapolis market. After a recent murder of a police officer, they aired the following:

Murder suspect?s family speaks out about shooting | WISH-TV

I, along with a strong contingent of the community, believe that this article is disrespectful and places blame on the officer for his own death. By airing this piece of journalism, the station gives some validation to the idea that the officer should have "stayed in his car" instead of enforcing the laws that we, as a society, have deemed necessary to protect ourselves from the criminal element.

I am sure that this attitude is not reflected by your company, and I hope that you give serious consideration to pulling your support of Wish TV so as not to help sustain a business that would help lay blame for a murdered police officer at his own feet instead of the murderer's.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Seeking an opinion here

Report of Shots fired negates that. Presence of a rifle after reports of a crime "shots fired" warrants the stop/question.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Report of Shots fired negates that. Presence of a rifle after reports of a crime "shots fired" warrants the stop/question.

Exactly. Having some questions for armed persons after shots being fired is entirely different than detaining someone for possession of a gun in public.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I think I know of a few of those you speak. If they do indeed hold this idea in their noggins of the most absolute of absolutes in regards to open carry and our absolute right to never be even looked at by the police for doing so, I lost what respect I had for them. They are just as bad as the grabbers who say absolutely no guns of any kind, period.

This is just an extension of "This is our 'hood. We rule it and do what we please. You aint welcome, pig."

Guess I've lost your respect. Carrying a firearms in public should not warrant a stop and search. In this instance, it was 100% acceptable since he was responding to a shots fired call. If he was driving by and stopped him, I'd question the basis of the stop, when responding to a shots fired that's not the case.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Guess I've lost your respect. Carrying a firearms in public should not warrant a stop and search. In this instance, it was 100% acceptable since he was responding to a shots fired call. If he was driving by and stopped him, I'd question the basis of the stop, when responding to a shots fired that's not the case.
    It's very detail specific.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am in awe that WISH TV would publish such a story. So shameful and disgusting.

The story they ran was appalling, but there is a benefit to them featuring the viewpoint of the family. We get to see the twisted logic of how these people think and how that thinking keeps breeding generation after generation of criminals.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The story they ran was appalling, but there is a benefit to them featuring the viewpoint of the family. We get to see the twisted logic of how these people think and how that thinking keeps breeding generation after generation of criminals.
    Welcome to our world. The world of the surreal, where up is down and down is up...aka "ghetto logic". Trying to intervene in disturbances/domestics/etc is challenging at best when you cannot wrap your brain around the logic used to justify such incidents. BTW, I believe our public safety director mentioned on TV that 60% of our shooting victims refuse to cooperate with investigators...then we get an earful that we are not doing anything to catch the ones who shot their boy. When we explain that their boy was not cooperating, we get yelled at that we should be able to figure it out without them...haha.

Top Bottom