Major Davis Jr's family spoke out about shooting today. This is what they said..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I am seeing a lot of knee-jerk, emotional reactions from all sides right now. The family just lost another member (to prison, if he survives), so of course they are going to be upset and refuse to believe he was doing anything wrong. And the rest of us are seeing the situation from the perspective of a community who just lost a good man. I am not so upset that Wish-TV wanted to share the family's story, but the timing was horrible. Give this time to settle and let everyone come down from the emotional high before you publish a story like this. To all of those who are saying Wish-TV was right to share their story, I don't think the issue is with sharing their viewpoint as much as it is the intention behind posting the story. Wish-TV knew the comments would be inflammatory and get a big response.

Last edited:

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    When it comes to saying a police officer was responsible for his own death because he got out of his car, .... pathetic... absolutely pathetic and STUPID... Guess I should start carrying the AR-15 at the family picnics instead of a 9MM, so I am not outgunned...

Can news organizations really be that agenda biased as to cover this drivel...(rhetorical question...)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Can news organizations really be that agenda biased as to cover this drivel...(rhetorical question...)

Is it not equally agenda-biased to suppress the quotes? As long as the information is accurately sourced and factually correct, the media is doing its job.

Trying to strong-arm the media into accepting biases is some strange doo-doo.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Welcome to our world. The world of the surreal, where up is down and down is up...aka "ghetto logic". Trying to intervene in disturbances/domestics/etc is challenging at best when you cannot wrap your brain around the logic used to justify such incidents. BTW, I believe our public safety director mentioned on TV that 60% of our shooting victims refuse to cooperate with investigators...then we get an earful that we are not doing anything to catch the ones who shot their boy. When we explain that their boy was not cooperating, we get yelled at that we should be able to figure it out without them...haha.
    I don't envy you guys having to deal with that. Oh, and now I have a headache.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Is it not equally agenda-biased to suppress the quotes? As long as the information is accurately sourced and factually correct, the media is doing its job.

Trying to strong-arm the media into accepting biases is some strange doo-doo.

What was factually correct about their statements? He was a good boy? Sometimes things happen? It was the officer's fault he was killed? IPD murdered his father? The police were reckless for shooting when there may have been children in the area but it is perfectly acceptable for their family member?

The police are expected to refuse to do their job if it's something some of the members here don't agree with but it's perfectly acceptable for the media to pull this crap. The cameraman should have turned the camera off and walked away after hearing the BS pouring from those mouths.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    What was factually correct about their statements? He was a good boy? Sometimes things happen? It was the officer's fault he was killed? IPD murdered his father? The police were reckless for shooting when there may have been children in the area but it is perfectly acceptable for their family member?

The police are expected to refuse to do their job if it's something some of the members here don't agree with but it's perfectly acceptable for the media to pull this crap. The cameraman should have turned the camera off and walked away after hearing the BS pouring from those mouths.

The statements of Wish TV were factually correct in that they quoted the words of the family members.

It doesn't bother me to hear both sides of an issue.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

What was stunning is the juxtaposition of what appeared to have happened and what these family members perceive to have happened. The disconnect is palpable and is instructive for those of us who do not deal with these kinds of situations. I understand the reaction to the story and I empathize with you. I would hope that 95% of those watching that story came away with a little bit better understanding of what Officers face everyday.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Those are all in quotation marks, are they not? I am confident that the TV station accurately attributed them to whom they belong (Pam Moornan).

That doesn't endorse her statements or indicate that she is truthful.

Do you get upset when the media publishes words out of a politician's mouth when he is obviously lying? Boycott them for quoting Obama?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The news director's comments only made me more angry. "...we are faced with tough decisions..." in reference to deciding to publish the story is such utter bull****. A
    'tough choice" is NOT something that a small-time reporter EVER has to make at work. You made A choice and it was the WRONG one. If they really want to give folks a glimpse into the mind of ignorant savages, at least wait until us tax-paying folk have had time to grieve. **** YOU WISHTV!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Those are all in quotation marks, are they not? I am confident that the TV station accurately attributed them to whom they belong (Pam Moornan).

That doesn't endorse her statements or indicate that she is truthful.

Do you get upset when the media publishes words out of a politician's mouth when he is obviously lying? Boycott them for quoting Obama?

It's no secret that you and I have an extremely different view of the world and this country. I'm not surprised you fail to see the inappropriateness of giving these parasites a voice and publishing anyone's attempts at placing blame on the officer or deflecting it from the murderer.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    While I am infuriated with the story, i'm glad they ran it. It just shows how awful families like these are. I hope it helps to further solidify how awful this idiot was with the jury. (if he survives)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    “He wasn’t a bad person. His father was killed by IMPD. That is enough to hurt a person and scar him for life,” said Moornan.

One of the officers listed in that 2003 police report is Officer Perry Renn.

Davis decided to get even, now he's a murderer. Bad choices seem to run in the Davis family. God Bless Officer Renn.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It's no secret that you and I have an extremely different view of the world and this country. I'm not surprised you fail to see the inappropriateness of giving these parasites a voice and publishing anyone's attempts at placing blame on the officer or deflecting it from the murderer.

Well sure we do, but that avoids the issue. There are many, many parasites out there running their mouths. Some of them are out in the streets demanding more subsidies. Some of them wear suits and have nameplates on their desks. Who should we demand the media not cover?

There are lots of distasteful opinions that get published. A sheriff recently blamed terrorism for his inept deputies blowing a hole in a baby. It never dawned on me that the media should be punished for quoting him.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Davis decided to get even, now he's a murderer. Bad choices seem to run in the Davis family. God Bless Officer Renn.
    Seems like a stretch, and a coincidence at best. At that time of night, I cant imagine he could know from a distance who he was shooting at to be able to be singling out Renn. After all, at night, they all look the same! White cars, blue uniforms, etc.

Now if we were talking Mayberry USA with a single town marshal, absolutely I could see that. But this almost has to be a coincidence given by current accounts they didnt have a face to face discussion before the lead started flying.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well sure we do, but that avoids the issue. There are many, many parasites out there running their mouths. Some of them are out in the streets demanding more subsidies. Some of them wear suits and have nameplates on their desks. Who should we demand the media not cover?

There are lots of distasteful opinions that get published. A sheriff recently blamed terrorism for his inept deputies blowing a hole in a baby. It never dawned on me that the media should be punished for quoting him.

I'd think he had a responsibility to answer for the actions of his men. This parasite's family has no such responsibility, nor do they deserve the opportunity.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Seems like a stretch, and a coincidence at best. At that time of night, I cant imagine he could know from a distance who he was shooting at to be able to be singling out Renn. After all, at night, they all look the same! White cars, blue uniforms, etc.

Now if we were talking Mayberry USA with a single town marshal, absolutely I could see that. But this almost has to be a coincidence given by current accounts they didnt have a face to face discussion before the lead started flying.

If he had a vendetta against officer Renn, he may very well have known a great deal about him. His patrol car, his area, his shift, and waited for the right time. I don't think that's much of a stretch for a criminal mind.

Top Bottom