Major Davis Jr's family spoke out about shooting today. This is what they said..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can understand your frustration, but it is imperative that you remember two thing: First, the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, and it appears that the whole damned family tree is full of assorted nuts. Second, a sociopath, by definition, has no compelling sense of right and wrong like the 97% of us who are not sociopaths. As such, you are not equipped to truly understand the phenomenon--a lack of frame of reference for which all 97% of us should be thankful.

And I am.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And on WTHR or Indystar I cant recall, one of the commenters pointed out that this officer deserved it since he was also involved in the incident with dad 20ish years ago where "they killed him and it was swept under the rug" (paraphrasing)

All around...

stupid%20burns.png

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I can understand your frustration, but it is imperative that you remember two thing: First, the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, and it appears that the whole damned family tree is full of assorted nuts. Second, a sociopath, by definition, has no compelling sense of right and wrong like the 97% of us who are not sociopaths. As such, you are not equipped to truly understand the phenomenon--a lack of frame of reference for which all 97% of us should be thankful.

From the article that I read I realize not only the two things that you listed, but also that his family is full of sociopaths.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The criminal culture is difficult to understand and frankly, I have no desire to attempt to break the code. If people choose to engage in criminal activity, they should be ostracized by everyone I'm their community and excuses should not be accepted. There is no such thing as being a "good person" who starts shoot outs with law enforcement. #nomoreexcuses

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    25 years old with 4 kids, the oldest of whom is 10.

Grandma says Jr. was scarred for life after losing his father due to what they claim was the fault IMPD.

What do you think this incident will do to Jr's 4 kids. Are they gonna be out shooting at police 15 years from now for taking their daddy away? If this is the family's attitude, I'd say it's a definite possibility.
    He is a POS, his father sounds like a POS, and I'd bet money his kids will grow up to be total POS.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    The criminal culture is difficult to understand and frankly, I have no desire to attempt to break the code. If people choose to engage in criminal activity, they should be ostracized by everyone I'm their community and excuses should not be accepted. There is no such thing as being a "good person" who starts shoot outs with law enforcement. #nomoreexcuses

I have no desire to break the criminal code, I would like to understand how their family can think they are always innocent.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How many Moms to go with the four kids?

They never mention that.

If you ever watch the first 48 they always spin the death of a thug or a thug wanna be in the same way. If the idiots were not out slinging drugs they might be around to see those kids grow up.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I would also wager poor sweet Davis Jr. also was connected to a gang somehow. I have always wondered why the Feds do not use RICO laws to summarily round up every single gang member and toss their delinquent asses in the pokey. I am beginning to wonder is people in communities like where Davis lived have ever had any ambition at all to move up in the world at all. It also does not help that Rap music extolls this type of lifestyle encouraging the youths to pursue "easy" money. It is an endless cycle of poverty and jail time with some gang killings thrown in.

And the Davis family sounds like a perfect example of why Illinois made everything illegal. Some of my good friends have to jump through so many hoops to even own a firearm let alone get a carry permit. A perfect example of the few ruining it for the many. I tried to keep this rant as PC as possible. :horse:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    It is unbelievable there is any news article that is in the least bit sympathetic to this piece of s**t. It is to bad they are wasting a hospital bed and any effort on saving him.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have no desire to break the criminal code, I would like to understand how their family can think they are always innocent.

That part is simple. You have three types of families with children who have chosen the lifestyle of the criminal: 1. those who have tried their best to teach the lessons needed in order for their child to be a productive citizen and they can't grasp why that choice was made or they attempt to rationalize as to why it must be another reason for the outcome; 2. those who know they have contributed to the scum they've created and now the world knows they played a huge part, so they deflect the blame in attempt to save face; and 3. we cannot overlook the fact that sometimes the wrong person is blamed for a crime they did not commit. However, in this case, it's easy to see we are not dealing with reasons one or three.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That part is simple. You have three types of families with children who have chosen the lifestyle of the criminal: 1. those who have tried their best to teach the lessons needed in order for their child to be a productive citizen and they can't grasp why that choice was made or they attempt to rationalize as to why it must be another reason for the outcome; 2. those who know they have contributed to the scum they've created and now the world knows they played a huge part, so they deflect the blame in attempt to save face; and 3. we cannot overlook the fact that sometimes the wrong person is blamed for a crime they did not commit. However, in this case, it's easy to see we are not dealing with reasons one or three.

I will have to remember this. It's very well put.

The sad thing is he has probably raised another generation that will probably turn out just like him. We can hope not, but probably so :-(

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I will have to remember this. It's very well put.

The sad thing is he has probably [STRIKE]raised[/STRIKE] sired another generation that will probably turn out just like him. We can hope not, but probably so :-(

FIFY. I highly doubt that he's had a hand in "raising" anyone. I agree with Que's assessment of his family.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He had a history with the police because of drugs and a PI. Sorry, but he could have, I don't know, followed the laws. And why did they have to say "assault" rifle? It's obvious no laws would have prevented him from having it (I'm assuming his drug conviction was a felony since he served time).

He obviously bought it using the "gun show loophole"

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    So, the Police should just stay in the cars if there are firearms present? Thats the answer? Maybe the Police should just stay in their police stations, because there are criminals out in the community...

Top Bottom