• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I figured after sending an email I would not get a reply from AMC. So far I have not and not a call either. I started this thread to let others know in case it happens to them. So when some one gets on Google and does a search for bad treatment at AMC, maybe this thread will come up and they can read about the ridiculous stupid behavior of the manager.

For those asking where the "thrown out" part comes, use your head! After being insulted like that would you stay?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For those asking where the "thrown out" part comes, use your head! After being insulted like that would you stay?

After being insulted, no, absolutely not. I would get a refund and then hold a grudge like it was an Olympic event. After being told the rules without being insulted, yeah, I'd stay and watch the movie. Maybe you left it out of the original post, but I don't see the "insult" part.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I figured after sending an email I would not get a reply from AMC. So far I have not and not a call either. I started this thread to let others know in case it happens to them. So when some one gets on Google and does a search for bad treatment at AMC, maybe this thread will come up and they can read about the ridiculous stupid behavior of the manager.

I believe you are mixed up about who was mistreated here.. Your brother and yourself were over the top in the way you both spoke to the manager. Both of you should have been grabbed by one ear each and put it out in the street without a refund..
    Maybe your mom can go to the theater and smooth things out for you two.

I would love to hear " Hello I'm Paul Harvey and this is the rest of the story "

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I believe you are mixed up about who was mistreated here.. Your brother and yourself were over the top in the way you both spoke to the manager. Both of you should have been grabbed by one ear each and put it out in the street without a refund..
    Maybe your mom can go to the theater and smooth things out for you two.

I would love to hear " Hello I'm Paul Harvey and this is the rest of the story "

You don't understand. They're full grown adults!

Honestly, I'm having a hard time believing that this thread isn't a creative writing exercise.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .......For those asking where the "thrown out" part comes, use your head!.....

:scratch:

Thrown out means the manager/employee removed you or asked you to leave the premises. example: "Hey SigFan07, GTFO."
    Leaving of ones own accord does not a "thrown out" make. example: "Screw you nazis, I'm going home."

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Ok, then when I got to work today, I was thrown out of my vehicle... I just got thrown out of the restroom, and I expect to be thrown out of my office at any moment. I still have a couple hours until the wife gets thrown out of work, so I might try and catch a nap. I'll just have to make sure I'm thrown out of bed before she gets home.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Ok, then when I got to work today, I was thrown out of my vehicle... I just got thrown out of the restroom, and I expect to be thrown out of my office at any moment. I still have a couple hours until the wife gets thrown out of work, so I might try and catch a nap. I'll just have to make sure I'm thrown out of bed before she gets home.

Last nights shrimp and calamari dinner was thrown out this morning........

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I'm going to get a little philosophical.

I was out to dinner with my family a couple of weeks ago. The waitress got a couple orders wrong, then corrected them, incorrectly and was generally not "on" that night with one mistake after another and then a disappearing act.

The lesson I chose to teach my kids was simply: "don't be a jerk". Even when people make mistakes, there is never an excuse to be a jerk.

If someone chooses to be a jerk to you, let them, don't join them. If there's a need to report something up the line or talk to a manager (there wasn't in my case), do it....and don't be a jerk.

This policy may or may not be dumb. I don't know what they were dealing with when they decided to make the policy. They may have been impolite in the way they handled it. They may have been jerks, but realize that this was not some sort of personal attack. People like to take things personally, part of our collective, cultural narcissim...it's a policy, dumb or not, not a personal attack.

Be the better man. Don't be a jerk.

:+1:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, I'm getting thrown out of my chair to take the family to the park. I sure hope this thread contains more epic when I get back.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Write an email to corporate and complain, a lot, tell them of the other theatre in the area that will get your business from now on.

you will most likely get coupons for free admission for months

as far as being treated like that, have fun with it. When anyone starts all that drama crap, look really concerned and look in their eyes and say

"are you ok? Do you feel all right?"

It makes it personal to them. They start with the "uh, yeah, why?"

Top Bottom