• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Don't waste your time getting upset over trivial rules at a movie theatre. Just relax and :popcorn:

Fellow INGOers.

We are slipping. I am shocked and dismayed. 59 posts before ANYONE posts :popcorn:

...in a thread about a movie theater. I would like to think we are interested in quality and we viewed that as low hanging fruit (no offense, Bonkers), but we all know that we simply whiffed on this one.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Then he should act like one. If your brother doesn't have the tongue to address people he agrees with in a civil manner, he should stay home and fire up his VCR. No need to act like a jackass.

As an aside, how long do you think it will be before "Age of Ultron" comes out on VHS?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I considered a fake news release by AMC about stock problems due to unexpected drop in ticket sales

You could have worked in a great quote from a theater manager, expressing the possibility that ticket sales were down due to people wandering around the complex and watching multiple movies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You could have worked in a great quote from a theater manager, expressing the possibility that ticket sales were down due to people wandering around the complex and watching multiple movies.

...and end with a flourish by stating that they've been trying to recoup their losses by not kicking people out until they've bought their cokes.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    "we simply walk around the lobby, from one end of the theater to the next. I've done this many times in the past. So has my brother. All we were doing was wasting time walking buy all the room from one end to the other and seeing what movies were playing. We did not go into any theater room.

So, I tell my brother I'm going to the bathroom"

Theater kid: OK. So here I am working the drink counter at the AMC and these 2 dudes are wandering back and forth by all of the theaters. Then one of them disappears. Classic movie hopper behavior. I politely ask one of the dudes to have a seat for a few minutes and the guy blows a gasket!

As soon as I'm done with my homework, I'm going upstairs from the basement and see if my mom will let me look for another job.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Then he should act like one. If your brother doesn't have the tongue to address people he agrees with in a civil manner, he should stay home and fire up his VCR. No need to act like a jackass.

I'm a little taken back by your post Kute. You talk about his brothers behavior and then your resort to the same type of behavior.

Be very careful of casting stones.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Geez..... I am so surprised that you bunch of Rookies don't know the proper approach.

1) Get your ticket
    2) Get your snacks from the snack stand or from your wifes purse.... don't act like you don't do it.
    3) Find the perfect seat in the correct theatre.
    4) Take out your smart phone and see whats going on at INGO until the movie starts. Then TURN IT OFF, Don't be THAT GUY

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm a little taken back by your post Kute. You talk about his brothers behavior and then your resort to the same type of behavior.

Be very careful of casting stones.

No, if the theatre manager was acting like a jackass, he'd be justified in saying so.... with no grief from me. If one goes around using profanity due to their displeasure with a business; given their proxy hasn't that person is indeed a jackass.
    There's no kinship in my and the OP's brother's behavior.
    If youre taken aback, use some of that glue to toughen up your skin.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    Geez..... I am so surprised that you bunch of Rookies don't know the proper approach.

1) Get your ticket
    2) Get your snacks from the snack stand or from your wifes purse.... don't act like you don't do it.
    3) Find the perfect seat in the correct theatre.
    4) Take out your smart phone and see whats going on at INGO until the movie starts. Then TURN IT OFF, Don't be THAT GUY

And there we have it folks. /thread

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    No point going to over priced theatres now days, there is always at least one jack*&^ using their smart phone. Personally I hope theatres go out of business so I can just rent day of release in my own home

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    No, if the theatre manager was acting like a jackass, he'd be justified in saying so.... with no grief from me. If one goes around using profanity due to their displeasure with a business; given their proxy hasn't that person is indeed a jackass.
    There's no kinship in my and the OP's brother's behavior.
    If youre taken aback, use some of that glue to toughen up your skin.

My skin is plenty tuff Kut. I'm not the one throwing out "Butt Hurt" remarks out there like the use glue to toughen up my skin. You can justify calling his brother names all you want but he did nothing to you.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    sounds as though you are the ones insulting the manager and workers, not the other way around. Companies usually make rules for a reason, usually to avoid something that came up previously.

Top Bottom