• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm going to get a little philosophical.

I was out to dinner with my family a couple of weeks ago. The waitress got a couple orders wrong, then corrected them, incorrectly and was generally not "on" that night with one mistake after another and then a disappearing act.

The lesson I chose to teach my kids was simply: "don't be a jerk". Even when people make mistakes, there is never an excuse to be a jerk.

If someone chooses to be a jerk to you, let them, don't join them. If there's a need to report something up the line or talk to a manager (there wasn't in my case), do it....and don't be a jerk.

This policy may or may not be dumb. I don't know what they were dealing with when they decided to make the policy. They may have been impolite in the way they handled it. They may have been jerks, but realize that this was not some sort of personal attack. People like to take things personally, part of our collective, cultural narcissim...it's a policy, dumb or not, not a personal attack.

Be the better man. Don't be a jerk.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    When I go places I try to respect their reasonable requests. Seems like you guys got rude with a kid who was just following his managers direction. Why curse at them? Seems like you guys were the ones who were unreasonable. They won't even miss your snack money

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    61954190.jpg

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    And in case this hasn't been mentioned yet, you were not thrown out OP. You decided you didn't like the policy, asked for a refund and left on your own accord.

Misleading thread title.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm really shocked at how my brother was treated at the Terre Haute AMC 12 theater today. Here is what happened - my brother and I wanted to see the new Avengers movie. We got there around 3:10PM. The movie started at 3:30pm. We buy the tickets but since the movie does not start for another fifteen minutes we simply walk around the lobby, from one end of the theater to the next. I've done this many times in the past. So has my brother. All we were doing was wasting time walking buy all the room from one end to the other and seeing what movies were playing. We did not go into any theater room.

So, I tell my brother I'm going to the bathroom and then we can buy our cokes and head to the theater room. I go to the bathroom and walk out and my brother is furious. He said one of the kid workers came up and told him he had to either sit down on a bench in the lobby or go to the theater room and sit down but no walking around in the lobby.

So I went up to the desk where the manager was and said who in the hell told my brother he can't walk around out here? The clown manager said they have some kind of policy where you have to go into the theater room and sit or sit down on a bench in the lobby, but no walking around! Then my brother said "Do I look like a f*cking kid? I'm a grown adult!" Then I told the manager I have been there many times the last ten years spending lots of money and buying lots of snacks and I have never been told I could not walk around and waste a few minutes before the movie started.

We wanted our money back and it was returned. I told that clown two or three times I've been to that theater many times with family and friends and have never caused problems. I and my family only want to enjoy a movie and have a nice time. We are not hoodlums or punks. All we wanted to do is see the new Avengers movie and spend money on some snacks.

So we got our money back and walked out. I can't believe the disrespect they gave my brother and myself. And to think I go to that theater six to twelve times a year.

Then he should act like one. If your brother doesn't have the tongue to address people he agrees with in a civil manner, he should stay home and fire up his VCR. No need to act like a jackass.

Top Bottom