• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I have movie hopped. I wasn't proud of it. Now I'm ashamed of myself. Why wasn't there a punk kid and a mean ass manager to insult me and throw me out?

I was a full grown adult at the time, too. I'm not so much anymore, but I was when I committed the offense.

I feel so dirty. I need to be punished. Maybe I'll buy a Glock.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I couldn't tell you when last I was in a theatre. Avatar, maybe? And I LIKE going to the movies! But that's gun and ammo money, and wife v.2.0 doesn't care for theatres. OP, I feel your pain. But i believe I would have at least asked them WHY this was their policy, and given them at least a CHANCE to insult me outright. This whole ASSUMING you've been insulted thing can be a slippery slope. And trust me, as big of an A-hole as I am, I'm pretty familiar with when I'm being insulted. How bout you? How big of an A-hole are you? Do you really know for sure when you're being insulted? Cause I bet you get insulted a lot. Forsooth!

Oh and for the record, I LOVE watching movies without any pants on. But then again, that's why I'm not allowed in any AMC theatres anymore.

Come on guy's....wait till the lights go out.....:)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Hold that thought, Spanky.

tumblr_mq7holI9s11s9cmm5o7_400.gif

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Went to the movies with the wifey...she made me go see "The Directors" with Matthew Broderick...it sucked, the worst movie ever made...after 30 mins she says let's go....keep in mind I have just spent the better part of $50 on tickets, popcorn, candy, and drinks....went to the theater manager, politely told him it was the worst movie ever and would it be possible to get our money back. He stated he could not give us cash but he gave us four movie passes...meaning we could both go see two movies...which was cool with me, since I ate most of the goodies anyway. Oh, and he never touched my wallet nor did my wife or I give anyone a good cussin.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Went to the movies with the wifey...she made me go see "The Directors" with Matthew Broderick...it sucked, the worst movie ever made...after 30 mins she says let's go....keep in mind I have just spent the better part of $50 on tickets, popcorn, candy, and drinks....went to the theater manager, politely told him it was the worst movie ever and would it be possible to get our money back. He stated he could not give us cash but he gave us four movie passes...meaning we could both go see two movies...which was cool with me, since I ate most of the goodies anyway. Oh, and he never touched my wallet nor did my wife or I give anyone a good cussin.
    :+1:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

As the old saying goes, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.:yesway:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So, wouldn't it have been just as easy for your brother to tell the employee, "Sure thing. As soon as my brother gets out of the bathroom, we're headed to the concession stand, and then to the theater," and left it at that?

Lots of places have policies against loitering, and for good reason.

I can't say I really understand the desire to walk up and down the hallways, just to see what other movies are showing. Normally, I've checked the listings before ever going to the theater. And I'd just as soon get into the theater, pick out a good seat, and relax. But that's just me. Ultimately, it doesn't seem like something worth getting agitated over.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    For those asking where the "thrown out" part comes, use your head! After being insulted like that would you stay?

You are implying that you choosing to ask for a refund and leaving of your own volition is the same thing as being "thrown out." It isn't.

And, yes: I would have stayed. Even if an employee had been rude to me, why would I let it interfere with my intended enjoyment of a movie?

Top Bottom