• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Death by cleans last night for olympic lifting class... that hang clean + clean complex was rough! Then 1 legless rope climb every minute for 6 minutes to finish the night off.

2 reps for 6 sets, hang clean pulls at 80% 1RM
    4 reps for 5 sets, hang clean + clean at 65%
    3 reps for 5 sets, back squats at 75%

I ride the food & drink struggle bus too. :(

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    This should be fun tonight... have to scale the muscle-up though. :(
    12 Days of Christmas

For time:
    Follow the 12 days of Christmas song, 1, 2, 1, 3, 2,1, etc..

1 – Ring muscle-up
    2 – Handstand push-up
    3 – Chest-to-bar pull-up
    4 – Box jumps (30/24)
    5 – Burpees
    6 – Tuck Flies
    7 – Kettlebell swings (70/53)
    8 – Goblet Lunges (R+L=1) (70/53)
    9 – Wall Balls (20/14)
    10 – Mason Twists (R+L=1)
    11 – Dumbbell Thrusters (40/30)
    12 – 120 Double-unders

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    I have been somewhat following this thread for a while but didn't want a lifestyle change. Until a few days before Thanksgiving I decided to stop drinking soda/pop. Which I probably drank about 40oz on average a day. December 3rd my wife had got me an early Christmas present in a Fitbit Charge 2. I weighed myself roughly the time I had stopped drinking soda around Thanksgiving and weighed 264ish lbs. The morning after I got my Fitbit I weighed myself and was 261. So by only cutting out soda I lost 4 lbs. Since I got my fitbit I have made it a goal to be on the treadmill atleast 15 mins a day. As of this morning I'm down to 249.8. I haven't really changed what I eat, just how much and have been tracking my calorie intake and have almonds and pretzel crisps and my snacks throughout the day when I would normally eat candy and chocolate.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Managed to hit a bodyweight overhead squat Saturday, and then tried to kill myself with rowing and burpees last night...

250m row
    20 burpees
    500m row
    20 rower facing burpees
    750m row
    20 lateral burpees over the rower
    500m row
    20 burpees
    250 row

The last 20 burpees/250m were awful.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Since I cracked my ribs a few weeks ago, I haven't been able to do much. But I was feeling good Sunday, and slowly started lifting again. Didn't do much. But last night, I started dead lifting. Just took it easy, slowly increasing the weight. I managed to do 255lbs once, and had to stop there.

Going to see what I can do tonight. I don't want to over do it, but I still plan on pushing it.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Since I cracked my ribs a few weeks ago, I haven't been able to do much. But I was feeling good Sunday, and slowly started lifting again. Didn't do much. But last night, I started dead lifting. Just took it easy, slowly increasing the weight. I managed to do 255lbs once, and had to stop there.

Going to see what I can do tonight. I don't want to over do it, but I still plan on pushing it.
    Sounds like you're getting better!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Managed to hit a bodyweight overhead squat Saturday, and then tried to kill myself with rowing and burpees last night...

250m row
    20 burpees
    500m row
    20 rower facing burpees
    750m row
    20 lateral burpees over the rower
    500m row
    20 burpees
    250 row

The last 20 burpees/250m were awful.

This is my Wednesday WOD. We are in deload week. Next week we retest and finish this 8-week cycle.

[FONT=&quot]AMRAP 20 min: Calorie Row/burpee over rower[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]30 cal/30 burpee over rower[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]25 Cal/25 burpee over rower[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]20 cal/20 burpee over rower[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]15 cal/15 burpee over rower[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]10 cal/10 burpee over rower[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]5 cal/5 burpee over rower[/FONT]

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    This is my Wednesday WOD. We are in deload week. Next week we retest and finish this 8-week cycle.

[FONT=&amp]AMRAP 20 min: Calorie Row/burpee over rower[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]30 cal/30 burpee over rower[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]25 Cal/25 burpee over rower[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]20 cal/20 burpee over rower[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]15 cal/15 burpee over rower[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]10 cal/10 burpee over rower[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]5 cal/5 burpee over rower[/FONT]
    Oooo that looks fun. Have to put that one on the list. FYI, make sure you pick your feet up when you jump over the rower... I'm sporting a new scar from getting lazy last night. :rolleyes:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Oooo that looks fun. Have to put that one on the list. FYI, make sure you pick your feet up when you jump over the rower... I'm sporting a new scar from getting lazy last night. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I am a little concerned with getting up and over the rower. A barbell is quite a bit lower. I think it's funny that my coach is calling this a deload week. I don't consider this workout to be light.:) But then again, I am new to CrossFit.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Yeah, I am a little concerned with getting up and over the rower. A barbell is quite a bit lower. I think it's funny that my coach is calling this a deload week. I don't consider this workout to be light.:) But then again, I am new to CrossFit.
    You probably won't notice the difference till you get tired. Then it's just a matter of slowing down a little and paying attention when you jump.

It took me a while to get used to deload weeks myself. It's mostly in my head for me, I pretty much run at 70% effort and don't record any times/reps. You want to be tired after deload work, but not wrecked.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You probably won't notice the difference till you get tired. Then it's just a matter of slowing down a little and paying attention when you jump.

It took me a while to get used to deload weeks myself. It's mostly in my head for me, I pretty much run at 70% effort and don't record any times/reps. You want to be tired after deload work, but not wrecked.

Yeah, Monday's workout wasn't too bad. Considering last Friday's workout had 90 pull-ups along with overhead squats. (Josh)

"Bell"

3 RFT
    21 deadlifts
    15 pull-ups
    9 front squats

I scaled weight to 75lbs for both the deadlift and FS. Plus I'm still using assistance on pull-ups. Blue band. I try to go one band down in assistance each 8 week cycle.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Today wasn't too bad
    150m row or 100m run (I ran for 5 rounds, indoors)
    4 power cleans
    4 hanging power cleans
    AMRAP 12 mins.

i did 125# then dropped to 105# after round one.

and I still eat like crap as stated above :(

And yet my hot tub has an ozone generator. I breathe that all the dang time. Fortunately I am usually eating dark chocolate in the tub so I get the anti-oxidant action too.

side note: have you ever used a hot tub as a giant fondue pot? Just float the pails of chocolate around and go to town

Quit eating chocolate in the tub Doc! :):

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I've been sick in the last few days.
    I'm back to working out and eating food. :rockwoot:

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    More aerobic fun last night.... this one hurt. Getting back on the rower after 50 sit-ups was pretty terrible but the set of 40 sit-ups was worse for some reason...

Rowing Annie

For time:
    500m row
    50 double unders
    50 sit-ups
    400m row
    40 double unders
    40 sit-ups
    300m row
    30 double unders
    30 sit-ups
    200m row
    20 double unders
    20 sit-ups
    100m row
    10 double unders
    10 sit-ups

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Well it's New Year's resolution time again. Eat clean. Workout. I don't have any weight goals this year, but I'd like to get down to 10-15% body fat. That should put me around 170-180ish lbs. I'm probly in the 30% range right now at 220lbs. I'm not letting my wife see me with my shirt off till our anniversary in October. Should be fun!

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Well it's New Year's resolution time again. Eat clean. Workout. I don't have any weight goals this year, but I'd like to get down to 10-15% body fat. That should put me around 170-180ish lbs. I'm probly in the 30% range right now at 220lbs.

I went on vacation in June of last year. A cruise with a land vacation for two weeks. Worked out in a nice fitness center on the cruise ship almost every day. Did lots of hiking. Even with eating more than I normally would, I ended up losing ten pounds. Then we changed work schedules and my home workout routine got trashed, plus I ended up working a lot of over-time towards the end of the year so I had even less time to workout. I have since gained about seven pounds back, mostly in my stomach. My workouts have been sparse and injuries haven't helped. I've finally decided that I'm just going to have to make a firm workout schedule and stick to it. I'm also changing up my diet. I'm going to eat about half the amount of cereal I normally eat every day, plus I'm going to not eat that on my days off as I will have time to cook something like eggs and turkey bacon, or maybe even French toast. I will also go back to drinking protein shakes to make up for the sugar/carb calories I'm cutting out of my diet. I would like to mostly burn excess body fat, but also increase my strength/muscle mass a bit. I'm 5'9" and at 153 right now. Would like to get up to 160 if the additional weight can be all muscle. Good luck to everyone trying to get into better shape in 2017.

Top Bottom