• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I need to change diet too.

we did the 16.1 games workout Saturday. I did 65# OH lunges.

9 OH lunges
    8 burpees over bar
    9 OH lunges
    8 pull ups

AMRAP 20 mins. I did 4 rounds, and did 32 Kipping pull ups through it. Could not do one in December 2015.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    We start Whole30 tomorrow. I've been easing into it with an imperfect Whole30 the past week or so in order to prepare. I don't think it's going to be as drastic that way.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We start our next 8 week cycle tomorrow. I haven't seen the pre-test workouts yet, but I was told the next 8 week's focus will be prep for the open.

Being a noob to CrossFit, I really don't know what this means.:)

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Back hitting the iron for me after a LONG stint of body weight / yoga / slacking.
    Started a few weeks ago lifting 3 days and cardio 2. No crossfit for me. I have zero disc material in my lower back gotta work around that.
    Vary my volume med/low/high volume days. And work the same muscles split between Hammer Strength, Cybex and cable work.
    Started at 185, now 179, goal is 166 (my 16 year old license weight) then just maintain a lean strong 170-175.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I really need to re-do 16.1 and 16.2. I was sick as heck last year the first week, and that workout was my jam. And I lost my toe-to-bar super early in 16.2, I know I can do better now. Should be interesting to see what craziness they come up with this year.

Greg, check this out. :) 2016 Open Workouts | CrossFit Games

Thanks! I found it. Now I understand the numbers. We did 13.1 today and Wednesday we are doing 15.2 and 15.5 on Friday. This is our test week. I am going to try to at least do the Master's scaled for all of the workouts leading up to the open. If I think I can complete a workout Rx still using the Master's scale, I will attempt it.

BTW, I'm 57 so I fit into the Master's category.:)

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Having had a solid cough for a month now (turned into a really nice case of bronchitis), I have lost quite a bit of my fitness. I am going to trust my coach to get me back to where I was before I take a fitness test in 2 weeks. Have been going nuts coughing every time I tried to breath.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    10# power clean PR last night, looks like the extra work I've been putting in post-surgery is paying off. :rockwoot:Now I've got a month to get my damn muscle-ups before the Open....

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Pullups are hard enough. I don't want to think about muscle ups. I can't do that at home with my current setup so I don't have to worry about attempting.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Do you work on dips or pull ups more for muscle ups? Or both?
    Dips, pull-ups, and transition drills generally. For me personally, it's the transition from below to above the rings and shoulder stability that's the issue. I've been working different transition drills for a while and I'm close to getting a strict muscle-up, but I'm honestly a little scared of kipping into one. Seen too many fail videos of people wrecking their shoulders doing that crap and it's gotten in my head.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My pull up quest continues. Today I did 33 after our WOD. Sets of 4 and then 5 to end it.

WOD
    100 backsquats
    EMOM 20 double unders (I did singles)

took me 10:31. I skipped the squats one minute to catch my breath a bit.

i may increase to goal of 10k pull ups this year

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I turn 40 this year and will likely do more pull-ups this year than in my entire life combined to date

Sadly, I would only need to do one pull-up to beat my lifetime tally.

I started a fitness Boot Camp through the YMCA this week. It sucks how out of shape I am. My goal is to make it through 7 weeks of classes in one piece, get in the habit of working out regularly and go from there.

Top Bottom