• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    we{my son and I}found correct enfield slings looked all over for correct SAVAGE marked bayonets found one didn't buy it ,found 450 rds of 303 non corrosive reloadable surplus for $189.00 they even threw in a can to carry them home in. talked to Mr. Johnson about a vault door .talk about quality stuff.. tried to find 20 ga 1100 not much luck.Worth the drive in the fog, need a show like that up north.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I can get anything they sell there online cheaper.

I'm not a big fan of the 1500, I went to this one but haven't been in years. Two reasons I don't like the 1500.

1. Its poorly set up and ran.
    2. Prices usually are way out of control.

But I went to this one and I have to admit some of the knife vendors had very good prices, better than online.

As usual there were a lot of outrageous prices. The location needs to be changed to accommodate the huge number of people that attend.

But deals can be had, you just have to put up with a lot to locate a good deal.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Got there Saturday at 8:30 walked right in, crowd wasn't bad yet. Saw a Speed Six for $400, they came down to $375 pretty quick. I walked on to keep looking. Found some casting equipment I've been thinking about. Ate lunch, overpriced chicken strips and fries, at 11:00 went out to smoke and there was a line to get in. Couldn't move when I got back in. Where did they all come from? Went back to the Speed Six and bought it for $350. It was the only gun I was looking to buy and the first time I have seen one there. The wife wasn't happy because I told her I never see them there and I come home with it. Oh, well.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    How do you think it could it be set up and run better?

Either a larger venue with the same amount of tables, or less tables in the current venue. You simply cannot navigate well enough to peruse. Also, floor maps to show vendor location.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Either a larger venue with the same amount of tables, or less tables in the current venue. You simply cannot navigate well enough to peruse. Also, floor maps to show vendor location.

larger venue is a must, I'm not going back to the fairgrounds after this time, never got to look at a whole table,

SUUUCKED

they need to open the isles up double and separate every table group so it has a 360 deg island

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    :+1:

This is why I don't go anymore. Far too crowded to be enjoyable. The atsmosphere creates far too much urgency for me to enjoy shopping. I'm sure that works out great for the vendors, though.

The boat show is just as bad. I've given up on that one, too.

ELMO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I went there about 10:30am and it wasn't to bad crowd wise. Another hour later and it was slow going up and down the aisles. I did manage to get some reloading stuff, brass & bullets mainly. In my opinion if it is going to be this crowded at this event they should try to get more space. I know I didn't really get to see all of the stuff, because of the crowding around certain tables. Anyway it was the typical Indy 500 gun show and I might go back later on this fall.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Got there Saturday at 8:30 walked right in, crowd wasn't bad yet. Saw a Speed Six for $400, they came down to $375 pretty quick. I walked on to keep looking. Found some casting equipment I've been thinking about. Ate lunch, overpriced chicken strips and fries, at 11:00 went out to smoke and there was a line to get in. Couldn't move when I got back in. Where did they all come from? Went back to the Speed Six and bought it for $350. It was the only gun I was looking to buy and the first time I have seen one there. The wife wasn't happy because I told her I never see them there and I come home with it. Oh, well.

Good find, I love the speed-six, usually over-priced on gunbroker.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    :D:laugh::D

nofatchicks.jpg

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    You DOG!!! That was a steal, I saw you checking it out when I got there, but I missed it because my daughter was hungry. That was really the only "good" deal I saw at the show, but that's Okay I have one in .40 and can say you will LOVE shooting it.

I got to meet a few good people from the board, very friendly people. It was really way too crowded to enjoy, especially after driving from Chicago-Minneapolis-Indy and only sleeping for 2 hours before going. I got signed up as a site supporter!!!!, An INGO hat, sticker, patch, 5 awesome flashlights at market price, 2 overpriced firesteels, and a bunch of Tannerite. Oh, and a Gadsden Flag refrigerator magnet that my daughter wanted because it looks like my flag:) Smart girl. Disappointed that I didn't see any jerky and aside from that CX4 the only other decent price I saw was the PS90s for about market value....

I'm one happy DOG too. Went to Pop Guns today to try it out and the Cx4 loves every mag I have 10, 15, 20 and 30 rounds. The sucker is accurate too.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

I agree on the space, and the vendors should be really biotching about it also because people packed like sardines and lack of movement will affect the ability to browse and look.

So here's a look see at what it is and possible solutions:

South Expo usable space about 98,700 usable sq feet, which is used the most of the shows, but the last 5 has been wall to wall.

The Blue Ribbon and Champions Pavilion is 110,000 usable sq feet, they used to hold it in the Toyota Blue Ribbon at times, and more than once I remember the Champions Pavilion being used and opened up to accommodate more space.

The West Pavilion with 158,000 usable sq feet is the largest and can be used in conjunction with South Pavilion by the use of a breezeway.

So the way it looks for the best way to ease the flow and crowd restriction without limiting tables is go the route of the West Pavilion. It does not provide the permanent concessions that the South offers, but portable units could be brought in.

crudolph00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    FREETOWN
    Picked up a Glock 23 for $489. Been wanting one for a while. Picked up a couple of boxes of Federal Gold Dot ammo for 28 bucks a piece. Enjoyed myself but, it was a heck of a crowd. It made getting around and looking at tables pretty difficult.

qwkdrwmgw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did anyone else hear the announcement on Sat. about the young guy that cut the paracord linking a dealers guns together. He cut the cord to steal a gun but, cut the wrong cord and ended up yanking several guns across the table. They said they were going to prosecute him.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Did anyone else hear the announcement on Sat. about the young guy that cut the paracord linking a dealers guns together. He cut the cord to steal a gun but, cut the wrong cord and ended up yanking several guns across the table. They said they were going to prosecute him.

borat_nice1181712367.jpg

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy

What a jerk, I would press every charge I could against him. Just another POS that is tarnishing the already tainted perception of gun owners.

Anyways, my buddy scored a pretty nice Mauser somewhere in the $250 neighborhood. I had to loan him some cash so I better get to shoot that bad boy here soon.:ar15:

Top Bottom