• ...and so much more!
  • MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    fenix pd30- 235 lumens, small, has a good strobe, it's clicky though. but I heard of people modding them to be non clicky.

I picked one up at the show for $60 out the door. I really like the light, unfortunately I have to wait til Saturday to really get to play with it. (Birthday present I got for myself :D )

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    VUPD you need a Novatac or a RA Clicky or Twisty. I know the guy that came up with RA lights and is also the person who designed the UI for Novatac (who aparently screwed him over)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    How do you think it could it be set up and run better?

Absolutely a larger venue. And regardless of the space available, organize the tables so that traffic can flow. If that means less tables and more space the promoter needs to bite the bullet. I understand the promoters want to pack as many vendors in and as many patrons in as possible to maximize profit but come on. At some point common sense has to prevail. I would have stayed longer and more than likely spent more money if I could have moved around freely, if not freely at least moved around at other than a crawl.

Parking what a night mare! I don't think they will ever be able to get quality people to work the parking lots but for crying out loud there was not parking to had at times. An easy solution here could be don't schedule the 1500 when other major events are taking place.

Prices can not be regulated. But as I said in a previous post. Many prices are out of sight, now there are deals to be had but who the heck can find them if you can't move from table to table?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Does anyone else get pissed at all the vendors who don't have their tables open when the show starts? I got in right at 8:00 on Saturday and still saw tables that were covered at 9:00. I don't know if there is a waiting list for new vendors to get tables or not but you'd think the show promoters would crack down on these vendors that don't open on time.

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    Does anyone else get pissed at all the vendors who don't have their tables open when the show starts? I got in right at 8:00 on Saturday and still saw tables that were covered at 9:00. I don't know if there is a waiting list for new vendors to get tables or not but you'd think the show promoters would crack down on these vendors that don't open on time.

+1 whats the freaking point. if you pay for a booth cant you flippin wake up early enough to be there!

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I picked up my three trauma packs from Redneckmedic. I am very impressed with what he's put together in those kits. Since I didn't order them with a bag, I needed something other than the plastic sacks RNM had the supplies in. I headed over to the first room and started looking for a bag that would fit. There's one vendor who always sells bags, packs, and other surplus merchandise who had exactly what I was looking for. He was selling British gas mask bags for $5 a piece. They fit everything perfectly, so I picked up three.

I also got the second addition book on Indiana Gun Laws, and am reading my way through it right now. It's a very good read, and I highly recommend it.

Next on my list was some ammo for my .38. The only thing I have right now is FMJ target ammo, and I wanted to get something else for carry. One vendor in the last room had some boxes of Aguila .38 sp, 158 grain semi-jacked hollow points. It was just under $20 for a box of 50. I've never shot this ammo before, but I thought I'd give it a shot. It beats the prices on .38 ammo at Gander. If it shoots well, I'll pick up some more boxes at the next show, assuming the same vendor is there and has the ammo.

I almost bought a Fenix LD 20 for $65. I want a good, powerful flashlight that's small enough for EDC, and still runs on AA batteries. So far the LD 20 seems to be the best fit for that. I really liked the display that one vendor had. He was the one with all of the flashlights out on the display board, set up so you could actually handle each one and try out the settings. Granted it's hard to get the full effect of flashlights in a bright hall like that, but it was a pretty good idea. If they are there at the next show I'll probably get one.

I agree that things seemd really crowded at this show. I saw quite a few vendors who looked like they had pushed the tables out to give them more room on the inside. If I was a vendor, I'd want to do the opposite, creating a wider pocket of space in the isle where people could congregate infront of my tables.

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    The fact that I/we were selling stuff for Indiana Supply Depot, Urban ERT AND Tactical Shotgunner really made for some actual work!:rockwoot::ingo: Thanks for patronizing all of the above;)

oh but you are making it so easy! tell me, how does it feel to get patronized by a 21 year old? (please dont revoke my range membership) :D

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Forgot one good one. Anyone see the guy selling the LED Flashlight called Element? I was looking at his flashlights and he asked me if I had one and I answered yes. He asked me where I got mine. Well they sell them at Sam's club 2 for $28.00. Now I won't argue these are fine lights for the price but he was selling them for $40.00 each. Strangely enough they came with no packaging. Ya think that maybe he bought them at Sam's, took them out of the package, and sold them as, as he put it "military approved"? He tried to tell me that the lights that Sam's sells are rejected by the military and won't last long. I have 2 that have been in service for over a year without a hiccup.

If anyone would like me to go to Sam's and pick them up some $14.00 flashlights and sell them to you for $40.00 each please pm me and I'll get right on it. Heck shipping included today only.

You have it wrong, sir, his are the ones with American made components, and not the cheap Chinese-made crap you find at Sam's.

I spoke with him briefly at the last 1500...I was amazed by his line...it got so deep I wished I had my boots on:rolleyes:

MrBogok

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Indy
    I thought the 1500 was very expensive and insulting. I was trying to trade a Taurus 940 and give up some cash for a Glock 27 the most anyone was willing to do was give me 200 bucks and asked for another 300 for the Glock! needless to say I still have my Taurus.

pig957

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Under an oppressive government
    glock fix

So here I was, going from table to table fondling every glock I could find to get my glock fix, when a m22 stuck to my hand and would not let go. So I did the only thing I could: I took it home with me! We're both very happy.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I found some items for the same price as loacly, some more expensive. However I was very pleased. I saved time, and money. By the time i found everything, with no chance to fondle the gear. Pay for shipping yada yada yada. :yesway: The only bad part was the huge crowd.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Took my (pregnant) wife with me on Saturday morning. She had never been to a gun show before. That place was PACKED. Ended up staying for about 3 hours. Picked up a few little things (ammo boxes, reloading die kit, spare mag), but nothing major. Never did find a holster I liked, or a new pocketknife. Got her to check out a few handguns. She does not like the little .380s or .32 ACPs (looked like toys, she said), but did like a .40 CZ (2075?), and a Bersa ultra-compact 9mm. We are looking for something that either of us could carry and conceal. Also caught her looking at the concealment purses (which would likely cost me a matching dress and shoes). Ran into a few friends, and had a decent time. I'm hoping the next one isn't so busy, so I can spend more time browsing. Never did see the INGO table! Maybe next time.

Top Bottom