• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I gimped around a little bit.Crowds were the usual insane packedtivity.I had many people asking me what my T-shirt, The Order of the Black Shamrock is. :popcorn:I told 'em if they didn't know,then they shouldn't! Ha!! You should've seen the looks I got!!!! Frickin classic...:laugh:

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    The parking attendants are still trying to park gun show patrons as far from the building as possible. Both the west and east side attendants told me there was no parking and directed me to the far northwest corner. After walking aways, I saw spots were open. So I moved. Do not trust these people. They have to have been told to save parking for other events.
    The gun show needs to be moved somewhere other than the fairgrounds

Exactly why you need to divert away from the parking nazis first chance you get. Soon as I pay for parking I always take the very first right. Sure they may yell, but they sure as hell are not going to chase you. That would require doing something other than standing.

There was 3 other events happening at the same time. That's why parking was such a problem.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    No good deals? What you talking about, Willis?

There were smoking hot deals on Remington 51s and Savage 1907 (great emerging market investment guns).

Smith MP15/22s for only $399.

Great gear too. I bought a new 4 pistol yellow Pelican case and two new Army issue Polartec fleece jackets, one black, one "foliage green". The jacket dealer said she would bring more back in March (they were overruns) for only $45.

polartec%20jacket.jpg

I bought a couple of books (a new cowboy gun book that I had not encountered) and odds and ends (some slings/carry straps, the soft ones so the long guns don't slide on your shoulders).

No one had any Birchwood & Casey Barricades though. Oh, well, there's always Brownell's.

Oh, I sold a Colt Trooper .22 safequeen. It went quick. I walked about with a sign on my back and it worked!

I have one of these jackets and love it. Before Christmas they had them at Gander for $29.99. Mine is the older BDU colors.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I gimped around a little bit.Crowds were the usual insane packedtivity.I had many people asking me what my T-shirt, The Order of the Black Shamrock is. :popcorn:I told 'em if they didn't know,then they shouldn't! Ha!! You should've seen the looks I got!!!! Frickin classic...:laugh:

got my order in last week!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Why the event doesn't provide a floor map of the vendors is beyond me. With the high entrance fee, it would surely be enough to run off 10000 copies or so. It would make it a hell of a lot easier to locate vendors by name. That's just foolish not to offer such a device in an event that large and that crowded.

GlockMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I liked the fact that the big garage sale was going on the same time as the gun show. It gave my wife and mother-in-law something to do while I was at the 1500.

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Went up there yesterday with the wifey and our 6 month old. Place was PACKED. I tried to keep an eye out for any INGO ppl, but I didn't see any.
    I could barely breathe it was so STUFFY in there. Why didn't they have any ventilation this time? Also plenty of people who needed a bath in there. Anybody check out the guy with the meteorites who had the AR-18 Terminator gun? Sweetness:D

My neighbor gave me a Nazi Luftschutz Stahlhelm that I took up there and wanted to have checked out. It's got a nice bullet hole in the top. I ran it by the older gent and his wife who were dealing WWII memorabilia, and he told me some more about it than what I was able to scrape together on the net. Sadly it had no decals on it, and he said it might be difficult to find more, and said it wouldn't make it more valuable anyway. I told him I didn't want to sell it. It was too neat to get rid of. I just wanted them so I could hang it on the wall.
    I walked around some more and actually came across a guy who had the decals for it! I was so stoked I bought em right then. Now I'm trying to work up the courage to actually start soaking them and get to applying them. I doubt I'll be lucky enough to find more decals so I know I've only got one shot at it. :n00b:

I had just about $200 to spend and I was bound and determined to get a .38 revolver. I started making the rounds asking every table with revolvers what they had. Finally one guy says he doesn't have anything for that price and I start to walk away. Then he calls me back over and says 'Wait, I do have one". It was a 6-shot Arminius Titan Tiger in .38 sp. It was obviously used, and he wanted $150 for it. I wasn't jazzed by the price, but I didn't see a lot of other .38s in my price range, so... sold. Also had enough left over to get 50 rds of Remington to put through it, my decals, and some stripper clips for my Mosin.

All in all, I walked out with a bag of goodies. :D:D

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

It was a good show. Remymartin & I went down and stopped at McD's on the way.

I saw several folks there from the boards which was very nice. I hope one of them didn't forget to get his better half some good treats!;) (He knows who I'm talking about.)

I was able to pick up some stripper clips for a friend and a couple of slings for my Enfields.

Prices seemed reasonable to me. Some were high but I saw some that were quite low. Ammo prices seemed in line, but you had to wander around a bit to find a good price for the right caliber.

I was a bit stunned that parking prices in Indy are HALF of what they are in Fort Wayne!

The INGO table was well done. Two totally out of control wildmen there...:D:D:D (Come on guys, delete this! I'm reddy fer ya!!!:))

I had picked up a bolt action 16Ga shotgun and was asking the dealer about in when he answered my question somewhat abruptly and turned away. I guess he didn't want to sell to me, so I didn't buy.

I was not happy with the foggy driving both ways, but other than that a great day!

As it is after 3PM and I haven't been called I guess I didn't win the AR-15 from the Marines. I hope one of you did!

Regards,

Doug

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Forgot one good one. Anyone see the guy selling the LED Flashlight called Element? I was looking at his flashlights and he asked me if I had one and I answered yes. He asked me where I got mine. Well they sell them at Sam's club 2 for $28.00. Now I won't argue these are fine lights for the price but he was selling them for $40.00 each. Strangely enough they came with no packaging. Ya think that maybe he bought them at Sam's, took them out of the package, and sold them as, as he put it "military approved"? He tried to tell me that the lights that Sam's sells are rejected by the military and won't last long. I have 2 that have been in service for over a year without a hiccup.

If anyone would like me to go to Sam's and pick them up some $14.00 flashlights and sell them to you for $40.00 each please pm me and I'll get right on it. Heck shipping included today only.

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    Forgot one good one. Anyone see the guy selling the LED Flashlight called Element? I was looking at his flashlights and he asked me if I had one and I answered yes. He asked me where I got mine. Well they sell them at Sam's club 2 for $28.00. Now I won't argue these are fine lights for the price but he was selling them for $40.00 each. Strangely enough they came with no packaging. Ya think that maybe he bought them at Sam's, took them out of the package, and sold them as, as he put it "military approved"? He tried to tell me that the lights that Sam's sells are rejected by the military and won't last long. I have 2 that have been in service for over a year without a hiccup.

If anyone would like me to go to Sam's and pick them up some $14.00 flashlights and sell them to you for $40.00 each please pm me and I'll get right on it. Heck shipping included today only.

shoot for free shipping sign me up

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It was my first 1500, but definitely won't be the last. Rode down with Libertarian and had some entertaining conversation (good dude). I saw some good deals, just not on anything I was in the market for, or could afford. I finally got to fondle a few M&P's and I was quite impressed; however, the Gen4 Glocks felt excellent. Kinda disappointed I didn't get to see the purple tranny though. Got to meet Cwood at his booth, very nice guy, I take back everything I ever said about him :D. I really wanted to find a Becker Tac-Tool at a good price, got to finger a few, but none followed me home. Bought a YHM endcap for my AR tube at retail. I found it hard to concentrate on finding anything as I was literally blown away by the size of the show. Didn't run into many stinky people; although I saw a few hippies, there were a few cropdusters in the crowd.... you know who you are.... not funny. I'm only kicking myself for not getting a Delaware Machine lower.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Sounds like everyone had a great time at the 1500 over the span of the weekend.
    Sorry I missed it all...but am planning to go in March. Hope everyone goes back so I can meet the folks I haven't met yet.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    This was my first gun show. Because in the past I had to spend my weekends working. I did not really pay much attention to the crowd. I was too busy looking for new gear. All I can say is, that it was a freaking mad house. Man do I hate big crowds. However, I still had a great time. Got some good gear, I have been wanting to get for a while now. First was a s&w homeland security knife, second was a UTG drop leg holster for my Xd, third was a ITP light. The knife cost me $15, the holster was $19.95, and the light was $43.00. The light is great, it's really bright. The lowest setting is 5 lumens, the second setting is 35 lumens, the third setting is 120 lumens, and the fourth setting is a 10Hz strobe. It came with a pouch, and a lanyard. I also got a free t-shirt. I went to buy it, and had no more cash on me. The guy did not take debit. He asked if I was going to be there for a while, and I said yes. He said if you promise to wear it now, I'll give it to you for free. So I went to the bathroom and changed. Overall I had a great time. Wish I had more money though, they had Wolf 7.62x39 for $4.99 a box. Cheapest I have found locally is $7.50. Well there is always tax time. I stopped by Tactical shotguns, and 21st century arms. The guys where busy though, so I did not bother them. Here is a couple of
    pics.

Close up of the shirt, God bless the guy. The name of his company is Juggernaut. Please stop to see him if you can if you go tomorrow. Or if not look for him the nest time you go.

021.jpg

Pic of my shirt, and new gear.

020.jpg

I picked up two shirts from Drew as well.

DSCN0589.jpg

This is one of them. The other has the Gadsden Flag with RESIST OR REVOLUTION on it. Heck of a guy. Turns out, he is going to Seminary to earn a theology degree. We had a lot to talk about. I will be buying more shirts from him in the future. He is the guy who designs a lot of the art work for Gabe Suarez and Christian Warrior Ministries. +1000!

Top Bottom