• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    This show was a "how does it fit me" visit where I man handled lots and lots of guns to find a perfect mate. I learned that the CZ 75B fits my hand so well I couldn't tell where I ended and it began. Pictures of it on the web do it zero justice, it's an amazing looking weapon and an ergonomic wonder, at least for me. I will be shooting one hopefully by the end of the summer once I get some things paid off.

You won't regret it! The steel frame and ergonomics were a major selling point to me when I got mine. It's the only "new" design I own (I'm mostly a surplus collector) and I absolutely love it.

You might also consider the SP01 variant if you ever feel like you might get the urge to hang tactical doo-dad's off of it.

So we went to the show Saturday. elbow to elbow. So much so that it seriously drained the urge to snoop more and actually buy something. I came in there with a fat wallet and left with a fat wallet in spite of finding several pieces I might have bought... I just didn't really feel like trying to go back for a second look. They REALLY need to get more floor space for this thing. I love going to the 1500 because of the great selection of toys to ogle, but I'm too claustrophobic for that kind of sardine-packing.

But on the plus side, I finally got my girlfriend to go with me, she met some fellow Tagalog-speakers that seemed pretty cool, and I found some reasonably priced M1 carbine ammo for when my CMP carbine gets here. I'd give it a B- (would get an A if it wasn't overcrowded).

duger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Greenwood
    last one! went on sat. afternoon had list in hand got about half the things on it and had to call it a day not out of money but tired of fighting the crowd. never did find ingo. we will not go back until they get more space. a vendor can not sell you anything if you can not get to his table. the fair grounds is not losing any money by packing people in like sardines but the vendors sure are.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I bought a firesteel, some summer sausage and some chocolate raisins (ok, a lot of chocolate raisins). I was really looking for a new EDC light, but I couldn't make up my mind between the Olight I10 or the Jet Stream Jet1. My requirements are that it be very bright (~200 lumens) have a strobe, have a pocket clip and have a silent tailcap (not clicky). I didn't find one that fit all those requirements, but the two I listed came closest. I decided on the Jet1 (sacrificing the silent tailcap) but it must not have been meant to be as the vendor was out of that one... Rhino, feel free to chime-in and help me out here....

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    well i lied. i did find something i wanted that i couldnt get cheaper online. the guy that was selling used m16 uppers for $300. i bought one. seems good. the barrel looks great. the guy says he doesnt have a busniess card, doesnt have any other shows schueled, no shop, and he is from out of state. he seemed didn't want to give anything that could give hint about him away. he said he only sells upper and wont budge on any prices. he doesnt charge tax and he was the cheapest for window p-mags. it would have cost over $500-$600 if i assembled it from other vendors.

meet some ingo ppl there at the end and got a sticker. nice guys and gals.

I was hoping somebody got his info!!!!

Ghost bought one of the A2 uppers, if I would of had the funds I would have bought up a couple too, damn now I guess I am going to have to go to the next 1500.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Did anyone buy a radiation detector? I saw that guy send a few of those on their way while walking around. :rolleyes:

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I thought all you needed for the sarcasm detection was a purple font detector?

BTW, a question: not that I want to cause trouble for the Indy1500, but isn't being packed in that tight going to run afoul of the fire marshal? That show would be pure heaven to me if they'd just pay for more space and spread it out a bit.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It was soooo crowded... I went on Saturday and it was not real pleasant. Saw some good prices on ammo and a few "normal" prices on guns. The rest of it seemed steep as usual.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    well i lied. i did find something i wanted that i couldnt get cheaper online. the guy that was selling used m16 uppers for $300.

Wish I would have seen this guy! I would have bought one!

SO, did anyone find out what the deal was with the $2000 reward for the return of the briefcase left in the parking lot on Friday??

bulldog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Crawfordsville,In
    Went to the gun show on Saturday with my son.We got there early enough to stand inside out of the cold only to have a moron stand there holding the door open.Awesome! Ifound a S&W 629 pc for a reasonable price I couldn't live without. He found a couple of Cold Steel knives he couldn't do without.Two hours later the place was packed.Always enjoy the 1500 regardless.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

SO, did anyone find out what the deal was with the $2000 reward for the return of the briefcase left in the parking lot on Friday??

never heard for sure but rumors were a classIII weapon or all his paperwork for selling guns that day. Either would be worth more than the 2k offered for the return

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio

Rumor has it that there was a machine gun inside it. :n00b:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Went to the gun show on Saturday with my son.We got there early enough to stand inside out of the cold only to have a moron stand there holding the door open.

This happens every time. I always get their way early. I got in line at 7:00 and there was about 10 people in front of me. They opened the doors about 5 minutes later and all the other guys in line were vendors as they walked straight in. In the winter, I get their early so I don't have to wait out in the cold and inevitably, some idiot will stand in the doorway with it open. These people have the attitude that if they are miserable, everybody else needs to be also.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I bought a firesteel, some summer sausage and some chocolate raisins (ok, a lot of chocolate raisins). I was really looking for a new EDC light, but I couldn't make up my mind between the Olight I10 or the Jet Stream Jet1. My requirements are that it be very bright (~200 lumens) have a strobe, have a pocket clip and have a silent tailcap (not clicky). I didn't find one that fit all those requirements, but the two I listed came closest. I decided on the Jet1 (sacrificing the silent tailcap) but it must not have been meant to be as the vendor was out of that one... Rhino, feel free to chime-in and help me out here....

fenix pd30- 235 lumens, small, has a good strobe, it's clicky though. but I heard of people modding them to be non clicky.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    :D:laugh::D

nofatchicks.jpg

Fat guys are still ok, though, right?

Right?

'Cause I'd like to go to the next one...

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The parking attendants are still trying to park gun show patrons as far from the building as possible. Both the west and east side attendants told me there was no parking and directed me to the far northwest corner. After walking aways, I saw spots were open. So I moved. Do not trust these people. They have to have been told to save parking for other events.
    The gun show needs to be moved somewhere other than the fairgrounds
    Gee I did't have any trouble...but of course I had a handicap tag due to recent achilles tendon surgery!...:laugh:
    BSA Red Dot Scope $39 For my Wifes .22 (she went with me)
    200 once fired brass .223 $15
    1000 CCI small Pistol Primers $36 (someone had small primers for $30, but forgot to writer on my list rifle or pistol too crowded to go search)
    1 LB 2230 $22
    100 69gr bthp Hornaday $21
    2 bxs 30rnds each 8mm non corosive 80's surplus $11
    Been On line look to see If I got stung most stuff was about break even with shiping and handling. Primers were on back order almost every where! I exclude admission and parking as Entertainment, but this crowd wasn't very entertaining, except for the black haired chick in the silver sequined blouse!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom