• Total voters

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I dont drink and dont smoke either.
    Can I get a high five Doc? :D

Im far from the American cliché of the Frenchman.
    I dont drink wine or champagne, I dont smoke cigarettes and dont even have a moustache.
    I do own a beret and eat bread though.

ts_cliche_frenchman.jpg

You have a beret? Do you wear it in public?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You have a beret? Do you wear it in public?

I do have one, a real one made in France that my mom got me when I was little. :)
    I saw some stores in the US selling Chinese made ones as Halloween costumes accessories. :rolleyes:

And no I dont wear it in public.I dont really wear hats and when I do it's a baseball hat.
    I could wear it at a INGO meeting if you want, that way people would know who I am. :D

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Have a couple of Corona's with lime when eating out (which is rare).

Have a Top Shelf Tequila binge once a year.

I vaguely remember a guy that went through 100 hits of blotter acid and a case of Black Jack in one month in the 80's.

Haven't seen him since !

Go figure !!

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I answered 1 a week but honestly it is much less than that more like 1 12 oz beer a month and I haven't had any alcohol of any sort in the last 2 months due to a "food lifestyle" change. In hind sight none is probably more accurate but is not a honest assessment of true life. Use my numbers as you see fit but know it is more likely less than a beer a month.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    my choice is easy today: None. Wasn't always so. I found out late in life I'm allergic to alcohol.

I spent way too much of my life maintaining some blood in my alcohol system :(

So... Now:
    One Day at a Time.
    Let Go and Let Glock. :):

I look at it as I lived 2 lifes. The first one was a 12 year partying wild life. The 2nd one is the responsible somewhat boring life.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I have seen numerous alcoholic liver disease patients this week which led to this post. By a drink, I'm saying a 4oz glass of wine, 12oz beer, or 1oz shot of liquor equivalent. If you drink wine coolers, please hit ALT+F4.

To keep the thread bumping: how much will you drink while you're in possession of a gun? I limit myself to one drink, reasonable size in a restaurant but usually won't drink when carrying.

EDIT:
    Some have questioned the quantities. I did some looking and the 4oz wine is 12%, 5oz for 10% alcohol content. the 12oz beer is light beer at 4% or less. The liquor 1oz is 50%, and 1.5oz for 40%.

Also, were the liver disease due to it being fatty and the patient being fatty or was it truly due to alcohol abuse?

What kind of doctor are you?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Also, were the liver disease due to it being fatty and the patient being fatty or was it truly due to alcohol abuse?

What kind of doctor are you?

Two were straight liquor, one was liquor + HepC.

I'm an ER doc if you're asking my specialty, if being snarky: "the kind that don't take..."

I see 15yo that are drinking, smoking, having sex about monthly. I try to explain that these lifestyles do not correlate with success later in life but I'm just some jerk who doesn't know anything

As I look at the poll results, it's probably exactly the opposite of what most anti-gun people would expect. Love it!

Last edited:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Two were straight liquor, one was liquor + HepC.

I'm an ER doc if you're asking my specialty, if being snarky: "the kind that don't take..."

I see 15yo that are drinking, smoking, having sex about monthly. I try to explain that these lifestyles do not correlate with success later in life but I'm just some jerk who doesn't know anything

As I look at the poll results, it's probably exactly the opposite of what most anti-gun people would expect. Love it!

I wasn't being snarky, but I can be! :D

I was genuinely curious. I'm glad we have a doctor on the board. I am not a heavy drink but my liver function tests always come back higher than normal. I drink between 3-6 beers a week and even less now with my recent hospitalization. :ingo:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've always been able to drink beer without much effect, other than pissing a lot, and getting tired. My record for beer is 37 12 oz cans in one night. Granted, that was a long time ago, but I remember the night very well, as I was with a girl that I really liked at the time. Now, I still drink beer fairly regularly, but prefer Grey Goose, which I drink at a much slower pace than beer.

I've always been a mellow drinker, even when I was younger, never got in a fight, or even an argument while drinking.

miguel's sister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Red dot in a blue state
    For the past several years I might have 1 - 2 glasses of wine every couple of weeks. Although yesterday I had an icy cold beer from a local brewery that was awesome.

Used to drink a lot. Whiskey straight up, Bourbon, Gin Martinis etc. I used to work with an Irish band and was out 4 nights a week. It's just what we did.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I wasn't being snarky, but I can be! :D

Was just kidding. Any lab test has a normal range set because 95% of "healthy" people have values in that range. So by definition 5% are outside of that range and still normal. If they can't find a reason for it and not too high probably not a big deal. Those 4 drinks a week are keeping the rest of your liver purring like a kitten ;)

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I would probably drink more often than I do if I was able. As it is, I have people that depend on me being available at any hour. I know if I drink anything it has to be a very small amount in case someone calls with an emergency. Oh well.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There wasn't an option for me... I generally go 3-4-5-6 weeks at a time without a drink. Then I might have 1 for 2-3-4 nights in a row. And even then it's a liquor as an apertif.

I also don't drink as much as I'd like to. Sounds strange to say that, but I really and truly would like to taste and experience more than I have in my admittedly sheltered life. I like learning about whisky/whiskey / scotch / etc; but I've not really liked the taste of the few I've had. I also don't care much for beer or any kind. I MIGHT have a Blue Moon once...well...once in a blue moon.

I also have a ridiculous sweet tooth. Therefore, I like my "drinks" to be sweet. Mudslide, anyone? BUT, partly due to the before mentioned sweet tooth, I also have diabetes. Which pretty much means no more mudslides for me.

If & when I DO have a "drink", it's generally amaretto over ice, amaretto in a cola (or dr. pepper...mmm...) or it's an icy shot of peppermint schnaaps.

*also: Never been drunk. Don't plan on it, either.

-J-

Top Bottom