• How much do you drink a week?

• Total voters

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have to say I'm impressed with the minimal consumption of those answering the poll! Not that drinking less makes you more of a man, but I didn't really know where the curve was going to fall.

Benny, you must be joking. No one could drink 30 beers a week and spend that much time in a bowling alley...

You don't go bowling much do you...

Bowling = Drinking

Used to be Bolwing = Drinking + Smoking until the statists took over. :xmad:

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I really like to drink, but for the last 10 years or so I just can't. If I drink a much as a half beer or glass of wine I feel like I had a case the next day. It is weird, but not drinking for me.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    For the past 10 years 60 beers a week prior to about 8 months ago. 8 months ago I realized that this much alcohol is to hard to work off as i age. I also came to the conclusion it was becoming problematic for other obvious reasons. Now im down to a beer or two on occasion.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    way too much in my younger days. now i try to keep it to a couple of glasses of red wine at night, and occasionally a good beer when i get a taste for it. i am not much into socializing, and i tend to drink too much when i do. i get hungover pretty easily, and i don't like being out of control.
    i will carry if we are going out to dinner and having a glass or two with our meal.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I used to drink a lot. At one point I was drinking 1/2 bottle of Vodka at night because it helped me to sleep. Convenient excuse, right?

3 years ago my first son was born. I quit cold turkey and haven't touched the stuff since. I have too much to live for now, especially since my second son was born 7 months ago. I owe it to them to do what I can to stay alive so they have a father. My father died when I was 8 years old and I don't want my boys to experience that.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm in the 7-15 range.

I'll have one when I get home from work.

Friday or Saturday I may have 3 or 4.

On Sunday, I'll have 2 or 3 beers and a shot of whiskey over the course of the day.

Now, If I could have a dirty martini before dinner while I read the paper, and 3 fingers of scotch neat after dinner with a cigar, I totally would. That is a bit expensive though.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Thread revival... I voted and participated in the original thread so I figured wth. So on average I'll drink a case (24pk) of beer a week. Couple throughout the week if I've had a rough day, then usually the rest over the weekend. Intake may go up in the spring/summer if yard work is involved. I'm married with a kid (almost 2 yrs old) and have a good job, same job for 8 years and perfect attendance all 8 years. Now to the question(s)...
    Do I drink too much?
    Do you ask your spouse/significant other if you can have a drink?
    Does your spouse want you to tell them when you go buy beer?

Last edited:

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe a drink a week. Either a beer, martini or a Dewer's scotch. Almost always at home. I never drink while carrying a firearm. Never.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    When I was in my 20's I drank almost every day...not to excess on a daily basis but on the odd weekends I'd put away my share. Mainly beer or bourbon. It was stuipid as I had two kids and a wife, I obviously got married before I had reached adulthood. When I was in my 30's I had slowed down quite a bit, rarely hit the hard stuff, a 12 pack of beer might last a week or 10 days depending on lawn mowing...by my 40's I had pretty much lost interest in daily beer...a 12 might last a month, hard stuff in cocktails usually once or twice a year..in my 50's now...I rarely drink at all...bought a 12 of Sam Adams in May...threw the last two in some chili last week...I can't honestly remember the last time I got buzzed (drunk, plastered, sheeted, blotto, stinkin, etc etc)

Became diabetic in there somewhere...that may have had a lot to do with my slowing way way down on the booze...

The family has a tradition of spawning legendary alcoholics...I think early on I could have been a contender...but my kids and my wife and my jobs kept me occupied and away from the booze on a hard core basis.

Drink if you want...just be responsible and own your problems when they arise. I do not get along well with drunks, I do not ever drive when drinking...and I have great disdain for losers that drive drunk. There is no excuse for it. I also never mix firearms with drinking...not even beer.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Never touched it. Seen way too many people be ruled by it.

Coca-Cola on the other hand, I'll throw quite a few of them back in a weeks time.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Do I drink too much?...

If you're asking then... ;)

Maybe I can offer a bit of help in an odd way that most folks don't look at things? Think about the money you are throwing at this "recreation." When you do quit, soon thereafter you will start to imagine what you could have done with all that cash that you essentially pissed away.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you're asking then... ;)

Maybe I can offer a bit of help in an odd way that most folks don't look at things? Think about the money you are throwing at this "recreation." When you do quit, soon thereafter you will start to imagine what you could have done with all that cash that you essentially pissed away.

Quite literally. Dollar comes in, gets traded for beer, beer gets out via ****. Dollar down the hole... :lmfao:

But on a related note, the same could be said of all the ammo we go through in theory...

(I'm no teetotaler, for the record. I abuse my liver adequately)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    March 2012? Hell, if I even saw this thread there was a good chance I was drunk....

Fortunately I haven't had a drop since July 2012. If I hadn't stopped, I wouldn't be here today.

Top Bottom