• ...and so much more!
  • How much do you drink a week?

• Total voters

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I love beer. Give me some keystone light on my nights off and I can down 6-8 easily. Maybe after work I'll have one at home. I can go weeks without it if i need to, but I just love the taste.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Only beer, no hard stuff for me.
    Winter time not much, sometimes 0 beers per week.
    Warm months playing corn hole with my friends at my house then grilling....lets just say plenty. I never go out to bars to drink. I don't carry if I have had more than 2 beers in an hour.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    We are born with a 55 gallon tolerance for alcohol and some of us, including me, drink their allotment earlier than others. I believe that i drank portions of other peoples share.

I have not drank for a few years and must say that it makes things like driving, carrying and waking up with hangovers no problem.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    12 pack a week + mixed drinks (whiskey & pop), as far as carrying while drinking, I don't do it in public. I drink at home, and that's it. Too expensive to go out and drink.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Less than 1 per day. Maybe 1 O'Duals every couple weeks when I'm feeling particularly wild.

I've puked with the best of them. The worst was drinking shots of whiskey with my sister's new in-laws from Chicago and Pittsburgh at her wedding about 40 years ago. Damned Polish weddings!! I went deaf toward the end of the evening. I could see the band playing but couldn't hear a sound. I went into the parking lot once to barf and some guys gathered around to laugh at me. A guy who used to bug the crap out of me came up and told the other guys to get lost. He said something to the effect of, "Let the poor bast*** die in peace." After that I considered him a good friend.

My wife obviously had to drive home and only had to stop 3 or 4 times for me to splatter the road side. I didn't get out of bed all day Sunday and had awake nightmares of nuclear missiles dancing around with each other like at a square dance.:n00b: I missed work Monday and barely made it in Tuesday. That was my last bout with anything distilled.:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I tried a beer once, and remember thinking "How in the world could anyone actually LIKE this stuff?" It was never appealing to me at all. I don't drink. I don't even have a glass of wine with my wife at a fancy restaurant. And for the life of me, I don't understand why you would want to pay money to drink so much that you puke everywhere, black out, or can't remember what you did the night before. Just isn't my idea of a good time.

A medium rare Filet Minion and a glass of red wine. You do not drink it per-say but use the wine as an enhancement to the flavor of the steak...Heaven

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    A medium rare Filet Minion and a glass of red wine. You do not drink it per-say but use the wine as an enhancement to the flavor of the steak...Heaven

Unfortunately, a medium-rare steak is almost as offensive to my palate as the taste of alcohol.

I'll take mine medium-well please, with a Coke to flush it down. :cool:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Many years ago, I completely replaced my alcohol intake with coffee.

Mmm... coffee... :40oz:

I still drink to extreme excess, but I don't require nearly as much sleep as I used to.
    When I do sleep, I almost always know where and who I am when I wake up. :)

Here I am relaxing, patiently waiting for the next savory pot to brew. -----> :nailbite:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I started taking medication to reduce my cholesterol & triglycerides a few years ago. It is supposed to be pretty hard on my liver. I also can't take aspirin or ibuprofen, so it is Tylenol for me, which is supposed to also be hard on the ole liver. Those things convinced me to give up alcoholic beverages, which I have always been able to take or leave. I do miss my glass of scotch on the rocks that I used to drink on Friday nights.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    This poll is for drinks per day, right? :alcoholic:

Honestly, it all depends for me. Sometimes I'll have a beer or two, and then it'll be months before I have another. An average week, I'd say 1 or none. I did all of that in college and it's lost its appeal. I can't drink domestic beer at all anymore, just craft beers or occasional spirits.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Gonna have to go with 0. Never liked beer, but good ole Jack was my buddy in my earlier years. Polish off a 5th and then hit the Hot Damn. Went 13 years dry then picked up a bottle of Captain. I remembered why I don't start drinking. Can't stop. But Captain and Coke is great:40oz:

Top Bottom