• How much do you drink a week?

• Total voters

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I suffer from headaches............can't drink then. Which means I don't drink regularly or all that much (can go weeks or months without any).
    If I'm OK and on grill duty, 2 or 3 on a Saturday.
    If nobody home, good music cranked............it could be a long night LOL.

Might have to pick up some Trooper Ale.........

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I used to have a small glass of wine every night before I go to bed. Now, I have moved to the hard stuff. I have been drinking a bottle of Angry Orchard Hard Cider.

I'm a rebel.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In my college youth, probably a twelve pack per day. Got bored with it and decided I really didn't like the sensation. Haven't had any alcohol in probably 25+ years.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Back in the day, I was drinking easily 4-5 a night, sometimes close to 8. Felt like I was getting out of control, focused all my energy on exercising now its down to only a couple on the weekend. I usually give it up completely for lent every year.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Zero for a while. The doc has me on antibiotics for a voice box infection (doc, what's the name--larcoma tacheitis sp(?)).

Doc said it would be better to lay off the beer for a while so I am at optimal fighting strength against the infection. Have not had a beer all year.:D

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Zero for a while. The doc has me on antibiotics for a voice box infection (doc, what's the name--larcoma tacheitis sp(?)).

Doc said it would be better to lay off the beer for a while so I am at optimal fighting strength against the infection. Have not had a beer all year.:D
    Wow, a lawyer that is having a rough time talking? Even rougher without beer! Hey, did you hear
    that Zombie Dust is on tap EVERYWHERE, TODAY ONLY.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Before August 2008, I was a 12 pack a day easy. Then my company I worked for went under and I was jobless, 4 days later we had our first baby. Then in December I got my CDL and was driving over the road. No money to drink, no time to drink and when I had a little of each, the .04 BAL for a cdl license scared me to much because I needed my cdl.

A 9 pack of 16 oz's last over a month in my fridge now. I've also become very susceptible to a 2 or 3 beer hangover. It's just not worth it and more.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest

No, what he really told you was "shut up and drink!"

:)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No, what he really told you was "shut up and drink!"

After January 15th.:D

And, no, I don't have it on my calendar. I am feeling a lot better, not coughing like a seal. "The croup" is what they used to call it.

I feel so well that I may go to the gun show this weekend and do some shopping.:D

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I know I drink over the recommended amount for women. Mostly red wine or craft beers. Husband and I both should cut down on the beers, getting too old and a bit too heavy. I have to wonder though, do the majority of heavy drinkers have health problems because of other lifestyle factors, like poor diet, not enough quality sleep, stress, depression, etc, along with the drinking? I follow a very healthy diet, am slightly overweight, active, doctor says I'm doing fine. I know that drinking makes it harder for the body to absorb and make use of nutrients. So what's worse, someone like me, or a teetotaler who eats junk, drinks soda, and sits around all day? No argument here that alcohol can be bad and cause a multitude of problems, other than health issues. Just something I've always wondered about.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    It's hard to do the poll...because its like either 1-6...or 1-30... depending on if I go out on the weekend you know...that one night could consist of more than 6 drinks but if I don't go out then it could be 0 for the week, maybe 1-2.

Top Bottom