• How much do you drink a week?

• Total voters

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I rarely drink anymore. Maybe once or twice a year. Now, if you had asked me a few years ago it would be a different story. I used to head out at 8 on a fridays and close the bar, then sleep in and repeat the process saturday and Sunday every weekend.
    Now, I found better ways to pass my time and can actually remember it.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I can count the number of times I have been drunk in my life on one hand(I'm pushing 35) but I do enjoy a shot(or two)
    of Bailey's in my coffee each night.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    In my college days not too long ago, I would say way too much.

I probably average 1-2 alcoholic drinks a month now. Usually just a beer with buddies or a glass of wine here or there with dinner.

When carrying, I limit myself to one beer (bottle or standard size glass at restaurant) or one glass of wine and no liquor. Also, this only applies if we will be eating as well. If no food, then I just skip on the alcohol.

I voted 1/week then though it's really closer to .25 or .5 / week.

Not sure that age matters, but I'm 27 years old.

^^^This^^^ But I'm 50. On rare occasions I might have one MAYBE two, and it might be months between occurrences.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Up into my mid-40's I could and did drink. By the standards we use today, a lot. Nothing hard since 2000 and have tapered of since.
    I will not consume any alcoholic beverage without a dedicated driver anymore and the same if I am carrying a firearm. This is only due to the legal aspects of our society. If I have to defend with lethal force, there can be no question as to my competence, period. If hunting, all guns are stowed when the beer come out. Standard policy. I average 3 to 9 beers a week. Most are drank over the weekend. Man must have beer and bacon to survive.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I tried a beer once, and remember thinking "How in the world could anyone actually LIKE this stuff?" It was never appealing to me at all. I don't drink. I don't even have a glass of wine with my wife at a fancy restaurant. And for the life of me, I don't understand why you would want to pay money to drink so much that you puke everywhere, black out, or can't remember what you did the night before. Just isn't my idea of a good time.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have to say I'm impressed with the minimal consumption of those answering the poll! Not that drinking less makes you more of a man, but I didn't really know where the curve was going to fall.

Benny, you must be joking. No one could drink 30 beers a week and spend that much time in a bowling alley...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Happy to say that I decided that drinking was not going to ever be a force controlling my lifestyle. Also happy to say that I made that decision long before it reached a problem status.

I enjoy having a good German or Belgian style wheat beer every once in a while, but am not inclined to have more than one at a sitting, even if I am not carrying.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Interesting

More teetotalers than I expected in the poll. I prolly avg one a week though it could be three one week and none for the next three. Drinking and driving is out as is drinking b4 or during shooting. Ex is an alcoholic so drinking to incapacitation holds no attraction for me these days.

I was young and foolish early in my career and have scars and stories I can't tell but they remind me WHY I don't ever want to be that foolish again.:twocents:

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I'll have a couple of rum and cokes about every 6 months or so. I'm a bit too much of a control freak when it comes to myself and my situational awareness to enjoy the effects of drinking, etc.

Good poll, however!:ingo:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I had to mark "none". Not supposed to drink at ALL right now. For the last couple of years, I would have 1 beer a month.

I've got enough vices. Don't need another!

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I went with the 2-6 since that's where the average would fall. There are times when I 6-pack will take 2 months to finally polish off, and a 750ml of Makers Mark will take 6 months. Others, the 6-pack is gone in a week and the 750 would only take a month. There are as many weeks where the number is 0, though. I would say that 1-3 is probably my true range.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    This poll is flawed.

I drink exactly 30 drinks a week and don't know if I should vote "16-30" or "30+."

Is there an option for 0-1? Most weeks I don't drink at all, but I occasionally have one. I've even been known to have up to three in a week! :rolleyes:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    If I'm carrying the most I'll have is one beer that I'll drink slowly. Normally though I don't drink at all.

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    trained-drinking-monkey.jpg

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    I make my own beer and have it on tap. About the only times my wife and I go out we go out specifically to drink a certain beer. So over the course of a week it's quite a few but it's only 2-3 a day with maybe an extra on weekends when I don't have to work.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Didn't vote in poll because, no option for me.

Winter time - Little to None
    Summer time - Slightly more than, Little to None

Admittedly when it gets 90+ degrees a cold beer or 2 is really good, I just don't do it much.
    Drank MORE than my share in my WILD youth!

frosty-beer.jpg

Top Bottom