• How much do you drink a week?

• Total voters

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    This surprises me that this many people don't drink.....especially since my local politician told me a majority of people in Indiana drink. Then again......maybe he just told me that to justify raising tobacco taxes, again..........while leaving alcohol alone, again :(

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    One to three per day on average.

No, I don't drink too much. I regularly do not drink for a month strait leading up to races. Drinking does not affect my health and I am not addicted to it. I just enjoy it, like lots of other things in life.

No, I don't have to ask my wife anything. In fact, sometimes, she brings me one from the fridge when it's convenient. She'll also swap my empty for a cold full one as I drive by on the riding mower (it's pretty damn impressive.....think 400m relay handoff at the olympics).

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I dont think so. At least not me and my wife. I'm 135 lbs and 5'10". I'm a vegetarian with a very healthy diet, exercise a lot, and get at least 8 hours of sleep per night.

As with anything, it all depends on the individual person. Lots of people who don't drink are extremely unhealthy as well.

I know I drink over the recommended amount for women. Mostly red wine or craft beers. Husband and I both should cut down on the beers, getting too old and a bit too heavy. I have to wonder though, do the majority of heavy drinkers have health problems because of other lifestyle factors, like poor diet, not enough quality sleep, stress, depression, etc, along with the drinking? I follow a very healthy diet, am slightly overweight, active, doctor says I'm doing fine. I know that drinking makes it harder for the body to absorb and make use of nutrients. So what's worse, someone like me, or a teetotaler who eats junk, drinks soda, and sits around all day? No argument here that alcohol can be bad and cause a multitude of problems, other than health issues. Just something I've always wondered about.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    I dont drink weekly, or monthly for that matter. I tend to drink a few beers or couple small glasses of scotch or bourbon when I do drink. I tend to drink heavier beers with higher alcohol contents than light beers. But when I do drink its usually just a couple, drank slowly, usually with a cigar.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I don't any more, probably never will again. Did you know, type II diabetes can take you all the way to cirrhosis all by itself? Apparently I had that for a few years before it was diagnosed. Otherwise I won't say anything because I confuse and frustrate people.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Everyone answering 16 or above will have a knock at their door as unfit gun owners. Please preemptively send all of your MA legal firearms to me. PM me for the FFL's that will do the transfers......
    I am waiting.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I dont drink weekly, or monthly for that matter. I tend to drink a few beers or couple small glasses of scotch or bourbon when I do drink. I tend to drink heavier beers with higher alcohol contents than light beers. But when I do drink its usually just a couple, drank slowly, usually with a cigar.

Mostly this......Even though I am a type 2 as well. ( Steady AIC decline over 3 years. Not sure if that means the light drinking is OK?)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    One every 3 to 6 months maybe. I've had dry spells for a few years. I like a drink once in a while. Not often.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    In an average year I probably have seven to fourteen alcoholic beverages, usually a pint of Guinness with a meal if I'm at the Lion or Nick's. The most I will drink in one setting if carrying is two pints, but that is a rare thing. I used to "binge drink" fairly often, in my late teens and early twenties. I do not miss it at all.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Well, considering how small a list that is, I doubt you will get any. Maybe a couple of muzzleloaders?

There are AR and AK variants here. Just no evil features. If you have carry license , and by default a high cap exemption, you can own pre-ban high cap mags. Yes I mean pre 1994. I truly wish I knew this before I moved. Parted with the one item I had left before moving.
    Of course they cost waay too much to consider out here. MA is home of the $700 used Glocks. $60 used Glock mags. I have seen 10 round AK Promags and other plastic 10 rounders' at the two gun shows I have ben to in 5 years. They look like shame. Another downside of the overpriced rifle.

On the plus side, I can buy an SR9c. Which is what I plan to do in the new year. Unlike you guys, I will receive two 10 round mags.......
    It was big news a few years back when they started allowing Ruger to sell handguns here.

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    There are AR and AK variants here. Just no evil features. If you have carry license , and by default a high cap exemption, you can own pre-ban high cap mags. Yes I mean pre 1994. I truly wish I knew this before I moved. Parted with the one item I had left before moving.
    Of course they cost waay too much to consider out here. MA is home of the $700 used Glocks. $60 used Glock mags. I have seen 10 round AK Promags and other plastic 10 rounders' at the two gun shows I have ben to in 5 years. They look like shame. Another downside of the overpriced rifle.

On the plus side, I can buy an SR9c. Which is what I plan to do in the new year. Unlike you guys, I will receive two 10 round mags.......
    It was big news a few years back when they started allowing Ruger to sell handguns here.
    I don't need to tell you how awesome a SR9 is with two 17 rounders is, do I?:)

Top Bottom