• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Reading all these are great, I've never been in to high dollar collectable guns, so no high dollar out puts. Every gun I have has a purpose. I'm not complaining at all. When I met my wife 26 years ago I had 1 pistol, and 1 BP rifle, so 26 years later I have way more that that, I have "grail"guns, but will probably never own them, and that's ok, but what I have I shoot, and enjoy. Thanks for all the responses, I've never had investments, but I've always had a roof over my head, and that is my wife's doing, I tell her all the time, if not for her, I'd be living under an over pass...I am truly blessed, as, it seems, all of you too!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Don't own them if they depreciate in value. Of course that doesn't include guns.

Barter, borrow or rent.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    You have an amortization for that?
    Sorry I missed your question. I pulled up a chart to see... I always took Dave's word for it.

I pulled up a chart to look. With this info.... $20 a week deposited at compound interest. 10% interest (high but maybe for averages) age 20 to 70 (50 years) The chart came up with about 1.5 million dollars in the account. I redid the account at 12% interest. Wow the jump was 3.4 million in the account after 50 years. It shows the total amount invested was $52,000. I will post the chart and info for you to mess with.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I worked at least two jobs for 20 years which afforded me a lot of nice firearms. Thing was, I almost never bought new or even bought at anything but a great deal and firearms was a huge part of my full time gig as well as a small business I operated for several years.

Sold almost all of them off now as I'm broke as I've ever been in my adult life. I'm also more content and there is very little I want for so I'm not complaining. That's how I did it for a long time.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    I'm pretty sure if I lost a bunch of my pension, I would recall what Local I was paying dues to.
    You’d think so, I was even a maintenance representative and part of the original negotiation committee. The Admin kicked me off that committee first day cause I wouldn’t show up for free and encouraged the other members not to as well. Was elected to go to the constitutional convention and my proposals were not well accepted there either. Maybe it’s just best forgotten like their integrity?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You’d think so, I was even a maintenance representative and part of the original negotiation committee. The Admin kicked me off that committee first day cause I wouldn’t show up for free and encouraged the other members not to as well. Was elected to go to the constitutional convention and my proposals were not well accepted there either. Maybe it’s just best forgotten like their integrity?
    So you worked for a company, Under a Union Contract.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Strange question seems obvious from my posts but yeah for almost 10 years. Lots of other stuff I don’t remember either about things.
    Even got a journeyman’s card somewhere.
    Its not that strange of a question, you worked for a Company that its hourly employees work under a Union contract. I and many of the Skilled Trade Unions like Elevator, Electricians, Steam Fitters, Plumbers and Gas Fitters and many other Trades outside of places like GM, Ford and Stellantis there Trade Unions also are company employees.
    I worked over 20 years for United Tech Otis Elevator Co, but as an Associate employee. I was an employee of the International Union of Elevator Constructors. Thats who writes my pension checks.
    There is a big difference between the two styles of Unions.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Its not that strange of a question, you worked for a Company that its hourly employees work under a Union contract. I and many of the Skilled Trade Unions like Elevator, Electricians, Steam Fitters, Plumbers and Gas Fitters and many other Trades outside of places like GM, Ford and Stellantis there Trade Unions also are company employees.
    I worked over 20 years for United Tech Otis Elevator Co, but as an Associate employee. I was an employee of the International Union of Elevator Constructors. Thats who writes my pension checks.
    There is a big difference between the two styles of Unions.
    Ah I get it now, yep that’s a difference for sure. Kinda like working out of the “hall” ? I’m sure your union experience is quite different than mine in that case. Nothing good came out of the place I worked for going union representation. We lost on nearly every facet you could imagine. I often said to both sides that they truly deserved each other.
    Best thing they ever did was terminate me for refusing the biometric scanning. I moved on and made more money and regained happiness to a degree. Bought lots of guns too !

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Ah I get it now, yep that’s a difference for sure. Kinda like working out of the “hall” ?
    Yes. All of our Locals have halls, its where we have education, retirement party's, monthly and quarterly meetings and so on. A business Agent that we as a Local we vote in office is who finds us jobs if we are unemployed along with other duty's.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Ah I get it now, yep that’s a difference for sure. Kinda like working out of the “hall” ? I’m sure your union experience is quite different than mine in that case. Nothing good came out of the place I worked for going union representation. We lost on nearly every facet you could imagine. I often said to both sides that they truly deserved each other.
    Best thing they ever did was terminate me for refusing the biometric scanning. I moved on and made more money and regained happiness to a degree. Bought lots of guns too !
    I enjoyed the laughs today my friend.
    That was money well spent.
    Too much fun.

Top Bottom