• ...and so much more!
  • Myrradah

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 91.3%
    21   2   0
    Jul 11, 2023
    Lafayette
    Side jobs. trades are effective. Dont buy guns that everyone is selling....they are all selling for a reason. buy used gun. I do remote jobs on the weekends sometimes or ill sell stuff I dont really use that sitting around. ill sell it at a good price and use it to buy a gun clearing out the house and storage at the same time of things I dont use or even look at. Ive been downsizing for a year now from a house to an apartment and have had a lot of cash come that way. Likely shouldnt be in guns but its what i enjoy and im debt free.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I use girl math. look it up, its a thing

I plan to shoot over 2k rounds that makes my price per use somewhere around $.35 to $.45 per use... its basically free

This way my wife totally understands

It’s not girl math, it’s real math. Or maybe boat math. :cool:

You buy a boat for $40,000 and finance it for 5 years. It costs you $8,000 per year. ( no interest involved here)

The typical boater goes out three weekends per year. Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day.
    $8,000 divided by 3 weekends per year equals $2,666 per use. All in all, not horrible

I had a camper at the lake, open from April 1st until October 31st. We will call that 28 weekends.
    $8,000 divided by 28 weekends is $285 per use. It’s probably twice that money to rent half the boat, per day.

That is cost per use. After 8 years, sold the boat for what i paid for it.

Keep momma happy, you can buy all the guns you can afford.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Been married 14 years, lived well below our means all of it. We paid our house off a few years ago. Save as much as we possibly could for all of the years except for this year. Spent some money on travel with our families.
    I'm also self employed, and work pretty much 7 days a week. Always on emails, phone calls, etc. Try to give the best service experience I can possibly give, and it pays off with referrals most of the time.

I guess what I'm saying is, we work our butts off to save and give good service to employers/clients.

WDHommel

believer, veteran, husband, dad, freemason
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2024
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Dave Ramsey said he was inspired by
    We were Crown Ministries instructors for many years, and know how to keep and stick to a budget. Doesn't necessarily mean more money, but at least we

Dave Ramsey credits the co-founder Larry Burkett as one of his mentors who helped him get out of debt and form his thoughts and ideas on finances.

WDHommel

believer, veteran, husband, dad, freemason
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2024
    Hamilton County Indiana
    I probably have fewer guns than most here, but I didn't start buying until 5 years ago. During kids, we spent *everything* on them to an extent we were carrying too much debt. As kids got older we finally buckled down and worked the debt down. Haven't had a car payment for 15 years and got some profit off our house of 20+ years. Also wife and I both have been peaking in our careers in recent years. So it seems for us as for many others here, it's just a case of we put in the time while making sure to use some common sense (even if later.)

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is a question I have been wondering for a while. I see on here, guys, and gals constantly buying this gun, or that gun and parts, and some sweet stuff. I can usually scrimp up some money every so often, or try to work a trade. How is it, y'all seem to have piles of cash? My money goes to housing, gas, utilities, food.. Am I doing something wrong, are my priorities wrong? I've always worked as a welder, til the great Biden economy hit my company, and let me go. This is not a woe-is-me story, I was just wondering.
    There are many of us just like you.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Paying off the house and being debt free creates so much margin in the budget too.
    Being debt free is a big part of it. Get an emergency savings and it is a great cushion when life comes at you. Don't be living paycheck to paycheck. A guy at worked seemed to be doing pretty good. Then when they they said the pay check was going to be a day late, I thought he was going to have a stroke. Horrible to live that way. A lot of people with the shiny house and 2 new cars are just a paycheck away from the house of cards collapsing.

Another guy at work told me he has to work 54 hours a week to make his house payment. We cut back and he lost his house.

How did the Styx song go?? Grand illusion.

So if you think your life is complete confusion
    'Cause your neighbors got it made
    Just remember that it's a grand illusion

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I remember a joke that went something like this:

Dad had a tough financial decision to make:​
    Braces and dental work for the kid or new big screen TV?​
    He knew he made the right decision every time he saw that snaggly toothed kid's smile in the reflection of that new big screen.​

Last edited:

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    Hmm. Where to begin...
    We have inexpensive tastes. No lattes, no cable, only one streaming service, used cars, finally got a boat (canoe) last year, no expensive phones, only one credit card that we pay off every month, and an emergency fund that covers 6 months of expenses (and surprises like car/appliance repair/replacement).
    +1 This is pretty much where we are. Let someone else take the New Price hit on vehicles.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Side jobs, yes. On call from work...yes, Trading up and down. Always looking, but not paying premium $. No duplicates unless caliber owned.

Watching the decline of our country by the Dimocrats, and hearing the nasty word...Executive Decision/Order, has me convinced that the world is changing.

Well heeled will mean nothing, he who has the most toys will survive.

The actions of our Supreme Court and some decisions have made me feel our rights are under siege. Magazine bans, weapon bans, ammo register, shortages of all supplies.
    Then, throw in our involvement in other world battles, not our fight! Get out!

Don't leave our military Vets hanging in the wind. Close the borders to only folks applying for citizenship. Deport those others looking for free homes, food, clothes, and us to finance.
    It would behoove all to stock up now.

michele3$

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2024
    Saint John
    Me and my brother had savings accounts at 4 years old; he was 6. All thanks to my mom (who endured WWII in Italy ) Hence the save, save, save mentality. Saved at every opportunity until well into adulthood. Kids now out of college and gone. Now it's my time... and spend within your means. Not like this goof in the white house we have now.

ironjaw77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2024
    US
    Well, I'm pretty decent in my craft. And when you and your team complete a job a month ahead of schedule, the owner drops a little sumfins in your hand. Which in turn, goes directly to one of my 3 habits.

Top Bottom