The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've read that they had to eat 300 lbs. of meat / per day, just to maintain their metabolism.
    A question about dinosaurs and eating I've often wondered about is if the plant eaters could digest cellulose or if primitive plants had more starch in them as opposed to cellulose. Meat eaters could survive if there were a lot of plant eaters to eat, but how many plant eaters could an area sustain if starch/cellulose/lignin in primitive plants was near the plants we have today.

In Africa elephants have to keep moving as it does not take many of them to strip an area down, but there are not a lot of them. The meat requirements to sustain animals like the ones belonging to your tooth being high would lead me to believe that there were a lot of plant eaters, more than could be sustained with flora similar to our own. Hence my hypothesis about higher starch ratios or different digestion.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    A question about dinosaurs and eating I've often wondered about is if the plant eaters could digest cellulose or if primitive plants had more starch in them as opposed to cellulose. Meat eaters could survive if there were a lot of plant eaters to eat, but how many plant eaters could an area sustain if starch/cellulose/lignin in primitive plants was near the plants we have today.

In Africa elephants have to keep moving as it does not take many of them to strip an area down, but there are not a lot of them. The meat requirements to sustain animals like the ones belonging to your tooth being high would lead me to believe that there were a lot of plant eaters, more than could be sustained with flora similar to our own. Hence my hypothesis about higher starch ratios or different digestion.
    A warmer wetter climate with potentially more diverse and substantial flora?

Natures ceaseless attempt to balance the equation.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

There are a subset of paleontologists who are interested in dinosaur diets.
    We can only speculate on the ecosystem at that time. It was evidently lush, based on preserved plant material.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Cool thing to think about!
    So we know dinosaurs exist because they had bones.
    Now what in all that that once was, used to be that we can not have any idea ever existed?
    More starch etc in plants could just be the tip of the iceberg. Or glacier.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    @Born2vette time to get back in the game!

Bust out that spare quarter mil and that might just get it.

I’m not that much of a car guy (I keep telling myself that) but this was a really fun read.

When the comments state that the manual 7 speed will add 75-100k to the final hammer price, well let’s just say our friend Dave Ramsey doesn’t approve.
    Maybe if I had @mcapo $$. I am waiting for the C7 to drop to around $25k.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Pfft. You remember when it took 25k to get a nice 67 with stinger hood and 427 tri-power

:stickpoke:
    One of the rich kids that went to my high school drove a 1969 427 tri-power convertible. Fastest thing between gas stations.

One of the Simon girls (Simon Malls/development) was 2 years older than me and drove a Jaguar XKE convertible to school. I had a 1960 Impala. :dunno:

Top Bottom