• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    Did you work with Mark Baker? He told a buddy of mine than Daniel Day Lewis had a pair of sneakers mocked up like moccasins so he could run better through the woods...I always wanted to know if that was true and now I may not have to wait to get to Heaven and waste that question asking God for the answer...I can find out about Bigfoot, Aliens, or who killed Kennedy instead....:):

I also heard that Daniel Day Lewis is who got it so Mark could have a line in the movie (he has a very high pitched voice) and Baker is on the ramparts of the Fort and asks of Lewis and the Natives as they come in "How's it going boys?" or something to that effect so Baker would get paid as an "actor" and not just an advisor...

True?

Mark was an amazing historian and all around good guy.
    I met him briefly in Los Angeles when we were doing all the pre-shooting weapon stuff.
    Back then I was a young PO and couldn't get the time oof needed to go out to NC to do any field work so the sneaker stuff will remain a mystery from me! :rolleyes:

Mike

Maybe this is familiar?

DSC_0047_zps42e744a5.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mark was an amazing historian and all around good guy.
    I met him briefly in Los Angeles when we were doing all the pre-shooting weapon stuff.
    Back then I was a young PO and couldn't get the time oof needed to go out to NC to do any field work so the sneaker stuff will remain a mystery from me! :rolleyes:

Mike

Maybe this is familiar?

DSC_0047_zps42e744a5.jpg

Very nice.....Frank House told me that "Aim Small, Miss Small" from the Patriot was the advice Mark was giving Mel Gibson in "The Patriot" when he was teaching him to shoot and load on the run....Mel told Mark he would use that line in the movie and he very memoribly does......"

"Remember son, aim small, miss small.....Then start with the officers and work your way down..."

I was way heavy into 18th Century reenacting and was blessed to be around alot of those guys...Very good people...If you ever make it South stop by the shop...I have alot of my gear on display on mannequins including some real nice quill work....

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    Clint Eastwood has a bad guy on the ground, the bg starts to grab a shotgun. Clint says I don't know if I fired five rounds or six rounds. Do you feel lucky punk, well do you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I530sPVQSc8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The bad guy laying on the ground, 12 inches away from the barrel of a 44 Magnum looks at the cylinder sees that it is completely empty, grabs the shotgun and blows Clint away.

Same movie Clint says its a 44 magnum the world's most powerful handgun, I use 44 specials because it cuts down on the recoil. It's no longer the world's most powerful handgun.

also, if you watch that clip closely, when he points the gun at the guy, he cocks the hammer, then when he pulls the trigger, it's double action because the hammer was down. :rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    I can't believe no one has mentioned "Snatch" the movie. It has a line in it that made me originally want a Desert Eagle 50ae. After getting one and watching the movie again I noticed it and looked it up to confirm it.
    [HD] Snatch: Replica vs Desert Eagle .50 - YouTube

His Desert Eagle is very Clearly a MK 1 and was not available in 50AE. Maybe this one just irks me because I loved the line so much.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I was watching some crappy movie this morning, or rather it was on in the background. It was during in medieval times. I heard the rack of pump shotguns and looked up at the screen only to find that the soldiers had pointed their spears at the surrounded hero.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    This whole thing was a 'movie, gun mistake'!

Wanted_film_poster.jpg

This is what I've coined as a 'paycheck movie'. That's any movie that's atrocious, but hey, even rich actors gotta make their 'nut', right? :ugh:

Last edited:

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    I love Jackie Chan movies but I think its hilarious how many times he pulls the slides off of enemy guns. He'll beat the snot out of someone, pick up the gun, and just pull the slide right off.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I love Jackie Chan movies but I think its hilarious how many times he pulls the slides off of enemy guns. He'll beat the snot out of someone, pick up the gun, and just pull the slide right off.

He's so fast he can rotate or remove (depending on the gun) the takedown lever without the camera catching it.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    [video=youtube;v7t9OHJvXko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7t9OHJvXko[/video]

Open Range...such a good movie, but the final shootout practically ruined it for me.

The absolute worst sinful firearm movie, though, has got to be Last Man Standing with Bruce Willis. From 40 round 1911 mags, to people flying through windows after being shot....

[video=youtube;00oG5gtD0Ho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00oG5gtD0Ho[/video]

Now, on the other hand, the movie Way of the Gun was outstanding for the most part. Not to mention within the first 5 minutes you see Sara Silverman running her foul mouth and getting clocked in the eye :D

[video=youtube;JfokJrYhn5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfokJrYhn5E[/video]

[video=youtube;VBlkUc2IzOY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBlkUc2IzOY[/video]

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Not sure which movie it was, but two guys were shooting at each other...when they shot, no detonation though both slides went back to lock, and they both said "EMPTY"

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    In the movie Peacemaker, George Clooney pushes his pistol barrel through the shattered bullet proof windshield pushes the slide out of battery and fires hitting the BG in the chest.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    Not from a movie, but from a James Rollins "Sigma Force" novel: A character is firing a Ruger Blackhawk SAA revolver at the BG in a helicopter and quit firing after he emptied the magazine.
    One of the few mistakes that I had found in his novels. Usually he is techno correct.

Top Bottom