• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Movie mistakes , constantly made not only with firearms , cars jump , front end blows off next scene car is brand new .
    machine guns in movies have unlimited ammo , kinda like a video game .

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    S&W Commercial. Right around the 23 second mark, the guy is holding his gun like a teacup. Not a movie sin, but a sin nonetheless.

[video=youtube;pghadFYyUVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pghadFYyUVw[/video]

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I think most movie goers could not care less about "firearm mistakes." I find them funny, but we are in the minority.

The average joe is not particularly "gun savvy." I'm sure I miss a lot of automobile, motorcycle, computer, etc. blunders, simply because I don't know enough to pick up on the errors........ That's entertainment!

I always find it amusing when you see a brief flash of an actor pointing a pistol with the slide locked open. I have noticed that in more than one film. Good stuff!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I was watching the Following on Fox yesterday(Tivoed it). Kevin Bacon's character, Ryan Hardy, draws his 1911 before going through a door, all stealthy and tacticool like, I noticed that the hammer was down.:rolleyes:

Later, as he threatens a BG with said 1911, the hammer is magically back.

Coltsfan33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Greenfield
    Roomate was watching a movie last night. Jack Reacher I believe. The guy had emptied his mag into another guy and the slide was locked back. The camera changed views and he fired again. I caught it immediately and made him rewind the movie to show him.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I was watching the Following on Fox yesterday(Tivoed it). Kevin Bacon's character, Ryan Hardy, draws his 1911 before going through a door, all stealthy and tacticool like, I noticed that the hammer was down.:rolleyes:

Later, as he threatens a BG with said 1911, the hammer is magically back.
    That happens in Longmire, too.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I don't mind so much when somebody fires million rounds and never changes magazines. I dream of having a gun like that, especially if I don't have to buy the ammunition.

The one that I can't stand in any movie is a police officer who has to fire their weapon, fires about four rounds and the slide locks back.

One example I can think of is Blood Work with Clint Eastwood the detective is shooting at a car that is speeding away and fires about five rounds to slidelock.

But, maybe they just forgot to reload or change magazines after the last shoot out.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I was watching an ok movie called Assassination Games. Guy lays down on the ground with his sniper rifle on his right side, he proceeds to close his right eye before shooting.

Same guy earlier in the show did something right. Pulled the slide back on the gun just far enough to make sure it was ready to fire instead of just racking the slide like we see all the time

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Clint Eastwood has a bad guy on the ground, the bg starts to grab a shotgun. Clint says I don't know if I fired five rounds or six rounds. Do you feel lucky punk, well do you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I530sPVQSc8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The bad guy laying on the ground, 12 inches away from the barrel of a 44 Magnum looks at the cylinder sees that it is completely empty, grabs the shotgun and blows Clint away.

Same movie Clint says its a 44 magnum the world's most powerful handgun, I use 44 specials because it cuts down on the recoil. It's no longer the world's most powerful handgun.

Last edited:

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Latest season of Sons of Anarchy, Tara pulls a round out of Bobby, shell casing with bullet still attached.

Most recent episode of Criminal Minds, a guy is shown using a 1911, then goes into a gun store and buys 9mm rounds for his 1911. In addition, this guy just killed 4 people and his intent is to kill 3 more people that day (he supposedly kills 4 additional ones that just happened to be in the same place as an intended victim), then he's going to kill himself after killing the last person at the end of the day. He bought 200 rounds, because he needed "a lot more" than the one box of 50. At least shell casings were ejected when he fired at his victims.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yeah, but that likely is a movie sin where they just happened to get it right, because of the different ammo choices. How many people think 9mm with a 1911? Especially in Hollywood.

Clint Eastwood has a bad guy on the ground, the bg starts to grab a shotgun. Clint says I don't know if I fired five rounds or six rounds. Do you feel lucky punk, well do you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I530sPVQSc8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The bad guy laying on the ground, 12 inches away from the barrel of a 44 Magnum looks at the cylinder sees that it is completely empty, grabs the shotgun and blows Clint away.

Same movie Clint says its a 44 magnum the world's most powerful handgun, I use 44 specials because it cuts down on the recoil. It's no longer the world's most powerful handgun.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Latest season of Sons of Anarchy, Tara pulls a round out of Bobby, shell casing with bullet still attached. Quote: Captain Morgan

LOL!!!

Top Bottom