• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Some models of Glocks have manual safeties.

Awww, sweetie...Look at you trying!! That's so special! Good job!!
    But we're talking about this specific Glock portrayal in this specific show, and if you actually watched the short snippet you'd see that this Glock is not one of those. Bless your little heart.

WD_Fail_zpsd6f1ca38.jpg

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    I always loved the old Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone movies. Never a reload. 50 guys shooting full autos at you in the wide open and never hit. But let them pull the trigger and down goes 50 bad guys per 30 round mag. Still watch them any chance I get to.

Medic529

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    The Westside
    Or every time a character is using a glock and the gun makes a cocking hammer noise. That is like my huge movie gun hatred glocks dont have hammers so they cant make the noise sheesh.

Oh how I loathe this one. As a happy Glock owner, I can't help but cringe in fury when I hear the "hammer" cock back. Another one of my favorites is when a shell is loaded into a chamber time after time with no shell or casing thrown when the slide is pulled. How many shells can fit it that thing???

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    One of my favorite "you goddabekiddingme" moments was the first episode of the TV show "Nikita" where a guy and Nikita continue to draw on each other, and every time they raise their pistols, one handed, you can hear the slide racking. You can see the pistol coming up, one handed, the free hand at their sides, yet the sound of the slide racking each time was enough to make me turn the show off.

One of the few more realistic pistol uses I have seen, and I wish I remember which show it was, but some female finds a pistol in a room, racks the slide and a round comes flying out, shocking her. One of the few realistic scenes ever!

I also like the ones where the cops pull out their semi-autos in their cars and rack the slides, then run up to the door about to be breached, and rack the slides again and again no round comes out!

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    One of my favorite action movies of all time is John Woo's "Hard Boiled".

I love in this shootout how the main character's shotgun behaves more like a grenade launcher when he uses it. Especially the one at 50 seconds in. :):

[video=youtube;3bozxgVQ9m0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bozxgVQ9m0[/video]

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    In the movie Equilibrium one of the Sweepers uses a Walther WA 2000 to execute poor little puppies. He imitates a shotguns pump actions complete with shotgun sounds and all.

Starts at 35 Seconds in
    [video=youtube;S-Z4fBiM3Jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Z4fBiM3Jc[/video]

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    It isn't much of a sin/failure, but I was always irked that a crack commando unit sent to prison for a crime they didn't commit was never able to kill a bad guy, no matter how many rounds sent downrange.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    At the end of the second "GI Joe" movie "GI JOE: RETALIATION", The Rock's character is given a pistol by Bruce Willis's character after some award ceremony near or on the national mall. The Rock digs the pistol out of the display box by putting his finger through the trigger guard and squeezing it towards the grip. He then points it kind of upish and out front and pops a round off. You don't see where the round goes, but by the rest of the scene, it heads somewhere generally towards the Washington Monument.

Crap man, I'm not against people making action movies, but at least handle the guns reasonably. I don't expect people to be perfect, but there's no reason it has to be that bad.

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Jet li lethal weapon 4
    Chan and tucker rush hour ?
    matt Damon first bourne

all disassemble a pistol that is pointing at them in a split second

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    One of my favorites was in Under the Dome. The kid, Jr., has a pump shotgun pointed at his father. The father says something the kid doesn't like so he pumps it and no round comes out. So he's wanting to pop his old man with no round in the chamber. A little bit later the same thing happens. Pumps it and nothing comes out. So not only was the chamber empty the first go around, but the magazine tube is empty. Another guy bursts into the room saying "I'll shoot him!" and the kid pops that guy with a shotgun that is suddenly loaded.

Top Bottom