• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The one I like is I believe it might be Behind Enemy Lines, a soldier is firing an M16/M4 in full auto from a helicopter, and there is muzzle flash, but the dust cover on the ejection port is closed and there is no flying brass.

They clearly added the muzzle flash and sound effects later.

I also notice tons of movie/TV show guns being pointed at people and they are out-of-battery, like they jammed or something.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Jetgirl approved....
    chimp_w_gun-1.gif

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Latest season of Sons of Anarchy, Tara pulls a round out of Bobby, shell casing with bullet still attached.

I remember that. I remember backing my DVR up and checking it out again. They had blood all over it and I couldn't quite be certain the case was still attached or not but it looked like it. :rofl:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I always loved the old Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone movies. Never a reload. 50 guys shooting full autos at you in the wide open and never hit. But let them pull the trigger and down goes 50 bad guys per 30 round mag. Still watch them any chance I get to.

The Expendables and the sequel are especially good for this.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Was lovin' this movie until this scene. I mean, REALLY????? Not a single hit??? (Except for that bull**** hit on the hand)WARNING!!!: LANGUAGE

[video=youtube;k7QwMtqyoQk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7QwMtqyoQk[/video]

Last edited:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Waaaayyy to many movies like that. A couple of my favorites are the Beverly Hills Cop series and the Lethal Weapon movies. They didn't go through quite as many rounds before someone got hit in the 60's and 70's. Much.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Was lovin' this movie until this scene. I mean, REALLY????? Not a single hit??? (Except for that bull**** hit on the hand)WARNING!!!: LANGUAGE

Sounds like that bit Ron White did about some cops in LA about a Suburban
    Language warning

[video=youtube;vHPPYNYOy-I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHPPYNYOy-I[/video]

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Had a nostalgic moment tonight so we watched some Jackie Chan movies, now this one is Operation Condor. Well, this BG is is gonna have recoil control problems if he does pull the trigger.....but you know, Jackie kicked the gun and the BG's asses.

atgs.jpg

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    While recently watching "Enemy at the Gates" I happened to notice that early in the movie when Jude Law was taking a shot with his Mosin, the striker never moved! Pretty hard to take out your target when the primer is never struck. Backed the scene up a couple of times to confirm, and it seemed to happen all throughout the show. I guess with all the big names in the movie they could not afford blanks. Due to the nature of the Mauser I could not tell if Ed Harris's striker ever moved.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    One of my favorite action movies of all time is John Woo's "Hard Boiled".

I love in this shootout how the main character's shotgun behaves more like a grenade launcher when he uses it. Especially the one at 50 seconds in. :):

[video=youtube;3bozxgVQ9m0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bozxgVQ9m0[/video]

Where can I get some of that 12g ammo!?!?! :laugh:

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    OK, don't gang up on me right a way, LOL.

I've been a Tech Advisor to Hollywood for some 25 years.

My credits include, The Untouchables, The Rock, Heat and a bunch more I hope you've seen. (I was even one of the guys teaching on The Last of The Mohicans)

Even got to work with Chow Yun Fat and John Woo in "Replacement Killers', amazing time.

The way it works is pretty simple, I show them how it would be realistically without giving up any real world tactics.

If it works for the scene, they do it. If it isn't dramatic enough, they don't do it. Quite simple.

As for racking the slide, well it's dramatic, it raises my blood pressure but normally it isn't done on a show I'm doing.
    It's like putting the pistol close to their face when they stand still, LOL, it's a two shot! The Actor and the weapon!

My personal pet peeve is that we always know exactly how many rounds are being fired, we only load the weapon with that amount PLUS ONE DUMMY ROUND so the slide doesn't go to lock, but I see it happen.

So I feel for you, it makes me even crazier.

Mike

Cinematic & Practical Experience

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    So much wrong. Laser? and the slide pulled off. A glock? :):+
    [video=youtube;adnXzutxWcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adnXzutxWcQ[/video]

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    another one. Gun is not charged. To charge = round ejected.

[video=youtube;pOmPj9JLS2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOmPj9JLS2g[/video]

Cool idea, but fail.

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    I love how Thompsons with drum magazines are carried with the bolt forward and when the drama starts building they reach up and slam the bolt back. Doesn't work that way. :ugh:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    OK, don't gang up on me right a way, LOL.

I've been a Tech Advisor to Hollywood for some 25 years.

My credits include, The Untouchables, The Rock, Heat and a bunch more I hope you've seen. (I was even one of the guys teaching on The Last of The Mohicans)

Did you work with Mark Baker? He told a buddy of mine than Daniel Day Lewis had a pair of sneakers mocked up like moccasins so he could run better through the woods...I always wanted to know if that was true and now I may not have to wait to get to Heaven and waste that question asking God for the answer...I can find out about Bigfoot, Aliens, or who killed Kennedy instead....:):

I also heard that Daniel Day Lewis is who got it so Mark could have a line in the movie (he has a very high pitched voice) and Baker is on the ramparts of the Fort and asks of Lewis and the Natives as they come in "How's it going boys?" or something to that effect so Baker would get paid as an "actor" and not just an advisor...

True?

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Not a movie, but I'm reading a book right now where the author is clearly confused about guns. There's a scene with two dirty cops about to go execute somebody. It's set in the 80's and they have duty revolvers. One bad cop gets out two 'untraceable automatics' and silencers because "Revolvers can't be silenced." Good so far, but he the proceeds to call the pistols .38's several times in the following scene.

Top Bottom