• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    There is that scene is a cop show where they pull out their guns and rack the slide even though they carried the entire episode (so with the chamber empty).
    Yet when they need to just draw and shoot they dont have to chamber a roun.Its only when they need a dramatic moment.:dunno:

Same thing when a guy is pointing a shotgun at someone.To show that he really means business after a while he will rack the pump and chamber a shell.
    So pointing an empty gun at the other person for the previous 5 minutes. :scratch:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Same thing when a guy is pointing a shotgun at someone.To show that he really means business after a while he will rack the pump and chamber a shell.

eyes_finder_pointing_down1.gif

[video=youtube;BBSi8qC0tFA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BBSi8qC0tFA[/video]

13r14n

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Indiana
    Not a safety faux pas, just nonsensical from the Walking Dead, I'm sure quite a few of you have seen the Governor aiming with a patch covered eye.
    WDG.png

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    This isn't the first time I've seen this on the screen. Recently a deleted scene from Captain America: Winter Soldier has a guy with a rear sightless M4. In this one, not only is there no rear sight, he's also chicken winging a rifle with the stock fully collapsed, making it even harder to aim because now there's nothing to support the rifle up correctly in addition to barely supporting it while holding a knife.

Here's one of my favorite classic sin which sadly isn't used much nowadays...I think film makers are getting smarter? It's where a guy with a sniper rifle has a laser pointer on it and you can clearly see the dot from a mile away, telegraphing that...there's a sniper with a rifle aimed at your face.

[video=youtube;IHQr0HCIN2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHQr0HCIN2w[/video]

chibicascade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Has anyone seen the show Supernatural? Among many other things, one guy always has his 1911 with the hammer down and the other guy has a 92fs with the hammer back.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That really is a good question because if he had the little trigger activator on it should have gone off.. I could only guess that he did his own trigger work, Or they had a dummy round in there 1st... Or perhaps the 1st round was a dude.... and that is why he had to chamber a new round.. Back then they are shooting 30+ shows a season they do not have time for many retakes?????????

I had one of the "toy" gun versions...There was a little activator lever you would flip open or keep flush against the lever...When it was open the gun would fire like Chuck Connors' when he was rapid firing and then once the Indians....Er...Uh...Native Americans would begin to back off from my withering fire I would then slip it back into postition for single shot shooting.....

The first round may have been a "dude" or a chick...I have no idea....

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greetings Indiucky from the High north county... Like the 5th season Rifleman opening sequence does not have enough unanswered questions. There are questions to how many shots old Lucas fired in the earlier seasons opening sequence..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz3zHUsQWKE

How_many_shots.....

By the way as a child when the Rifleman aired, I do not believe I ever saw a whole episode... Each time the show started. I Grabbed my rifleman gun and would start cranking off shots till my Mom sent me out of the room... It was a little different when I was over at my Grandparents house because then my Grand Dad would send me out of the room... Thank God for reruns or I never would have known Mr McCain has a son.. Or a Farm... Or even a Wagon..

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    In Captain Phillips he asks one of the pirates to take the "clip" out of the gun before using it to bang on a window in fear it could go off... No worry of the chamber though:dunno:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    In Captain Phillips he asks one of the pirates to take the "clip" out of the gun before using it to bang on a window in fear it could go off... No worry of the chamber though:dunno:

That's not really a sin. A lot of people who don't know about guns don't realize a bullet is in the chamber. or banging a loaded weapon on something is ok because drop safety

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Oh...and THEN (after a long struggle for the gun, which she'd been holding on him to begin with),
    she racks the slide (for effect??) and chambers a...well...NOTHING.

BadGripCop2Empty_zps4dd660a7.jpg

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Well......at least it wasn't the whole cartridge. I saw that somewhere in a movie with a similar situation involving bullet recovery.
    Last night, was watching Dexter, he retrieved a bullet from the wall and the caliber is supposed to be 9mm, the bullet looks bigger than 9mm (possibly .45?) and it did not flatten or expand.
    b8ay.jpg

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    "3 Days to Kill" starring Kevin Costner.

He is carrying a Glock 17 and after taking several shots inside the building he runs outside.
    He points the Glock at the bad guy and "click, click, click". Apparently he was out of ammo and didn't realize it.

It must be some special type of Hollywood Glock.

When I shoot a Glock until it is empty, the slide locks back (which is a pretty good clue that it is empty).
    If I release the slide lock without reloading it goes "click" once and then "silence", "silence".

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    I don't have a pic , but I am reminded of the movie Dutch. A movie so bad it was good. In it everything they shot this bb / pellet gun, the movie producers sub in the sound of brass hitting a concrete floor. Like a shell had been ejected from this pellet gun. Drove me insane.
    Or when someone is shooting a REVOLVER, and they dub in the same spent brass hitting concrete sound.....

Top Bottom