• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Well, you are a dirty hippie, no wonder you dont like "the Man".
    i just took a shower and i cant be a hippy i dont smoke weed. ive always heard that hippys smoke weed and anybody that smokes weed is a hippy i guess thats why they never let me join the hippy club.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've watched the video, and a few others, of these Code Pink people a few times now. I have no idea what happened in the time before the officer knocked the chick down but I can see she is just yelling at him when he strikes out. If she did grab his baton earlier he should have arrested her then and not waited. She is pretty small and hit the ground pretty hard. I wonder if some of your opinions would change if that was your wife, sister or girl friend. Later on when shes standing and talking to the media the police come and forcefully drag her away, again a potential for bodily injury to her. I think the Code Pink gang are totally nutz and have no idea how they could possibly rationalize the crap that they say and think, but it is their right to do so. If you watch many of the videos it is the people watching their protest that come up and get in their faces screaming, yelling and grabbing their signs and hats. Again not defending what they are saying in any way but what if they were protesting for the 2nd Amendment and the same thing was happening to them? I think many of you would be singing a different tune. :twocents:

Great post!

With police or counter protest involvement in these things, you can almost guarantee there will be problems. Let's think about this. Every time the Klan (This is an example only. Leave race out of this discussion please) wants to hold a rally, the media and those who don't agree with the Klan make a huge stink about it. They get their rally approved. The Klan shows up, the police show up and the counter protesters show up and usually it's a circus before the day is over. Just how many rallies do you think they would have if the only people in the audience to hear then spew their stuff were wearing sheets and hoods? How many anti war protests would there be if the only people that were there to hear it were themselves?

These people have every right to say what they want to. They just don't have a right to an audience. Showing up to yell at the code pinkers or to "curb stomp" them only gives them what they want. I don't know what happened leading up to the baton push down but it was at the very least handled improperly. If she did indeed grab the baton, it should have been handled immediately, not several seconds after the fact. If she did in fact commit some form of battery on the officer, she should have been arrested immediately, not waiting for her to tell her story to a camera. At that point, it only looks like revenge on the officer's part.

Like PS (I believe) said above, it has to be all business and not personal. I don't know that I could always separate business from personal, but that's what is required 100% of the time.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    you think thats funny? must be a cop or a holster sniffer.

You keep using "holster sniffer" as if that is a pejorative. Is it intended to be? I can understand why some folks, maybe drunks or those who choose felons as friends, may think so, but I fail to see the insult, personally.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    Sorry Joe...

No apologies needed. A society needs rules. Anarchy is just a spoiled child's dream. Police officers enforce those rules. As such, they wield force and power on behalf of the government. This inevitably attracts those who would abuse that power, and those who may think they are doing right but sometimes forget the larger picture of living in a free society. We, LEO and non-LEO alike, as free citizens have the right, duty, and obligation to maintain a watch on those who would exercise power over us, and ensure it is not abused.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If a LEO witnessed me doing that same act to another citizen, I'd be arrested for assault. I wouldn't consider it a beat down but I would be arrested for it.

You would be? Kind of depends on what happened before you pushed them down, wouldn't it? If they were assaulting you first, it would be simple defense, and you wouldn't be arrested.

Now, I've got no reason to believe she didn't assault him in the portion that was edited out. If there is evidence to the contrary, surely all those folks with video cameras should have been able to produce it by now.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    You keep using "holster sniffer" as if that is a pejorative. Is it intended to be? I can understand why some folks, maybe drunks or those who choose felons as friends, may think so, but I fail to see the insult, personally.
    it is not an insult it is a term to describe a certain type of indivudual most normally someone who aspires to become an leo or someone who worships leos. both types confuse me as to why they do what they do. but i guess to each thier own.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    You would be? Kind of depends on what happened before you pushed them down, wouldn't it? If they were assaulting you first, it would be simple defense, and you wouldn't be arrested.

Now, I've got no reason to believe she didn't assault him in the portion that was edited out. If there is evidence to the contrary, surely all those folks with video cameras should have been able to produce it by now.
    ive got no reason to believe she did assault him in the part that was edited out. what i do have reason to believe is what i saw. he called her a name and struck her.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    ive got no reason to believe she did assault him in the part that was edited out. what i do have reason to believe is what i saw. he called her a name and struck her.

So, the FBI just decided not to pursue the civil rights charges that they are awfully fond of laying down on local officers just because of his winning personality?

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Well he did get up early!. He didn't give her a beatdown, she wasn't even hurt. Looked more like she tripped and fell and the officer was trying to grab ahold of her so she wouldn't hurt herself. :D

New DPD slogan, come as code Pink, leave as code Black and Blue!
    I was responding to BE Mike's post about resisting arrest. I think you may have me confused with someone else.

As far as the beatdown comment, it was actually tongue in cheek. Just trying to be humorous, apparently it didn't work. Had she assaulted him, as has been suggested, do you honestly think she would still be upright before the baton or they would let her speak to the cameras and THEN go grab her?

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    So, the FBI just decided not to pursue the civil rights charges that they are awfully fond of laying down on local officers just because of his winning personality?

You have confidence that the FBI would charge someone, even of the conduct was illegal?

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I was responding to BE Mike's post about resisting arrest. I think you may have me confused with someone else.

As far as the beatdown comment, it was actually tongue in cheek. Just trying to be humorous, apparently it didn't work. Had she assaulted him, as has been suggested, do you honestly think she would still be upright before the baton or they would let her speak to the cameras and THEN go grab her?

Apparently my tongue in cheek didn't work either.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    This is just my take on this cop and others. If as a LEO, you are stupid enough to do something illegal, then you deserve whatever happens to you. If the investigation clears you, great, use it as a lesson learned. If the investigation finds you violated the law or someone's civil rights and you lose your job, get sued, or end up in the pokey and your cell mate starts calling you Nancy, so be it. You should have known the law. LEO's should be held to a higher standard. They are given a trust by the American people that should not be violated. When I was a FTO, one of the first things I would tell my new officers is no POS out there is worth getting into trouble over and losing your job or worse. Did this officer do wrong? I don't know since it seems like the video was edited, but I also know that things aren't always as they appear.

Oh, the code pink women are still POS.

Top Bottom