• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    It's obvious to you? Pray tell, what besides your own little fantasy world and seething hatred of police officers in general, makes that obvious to you from this edited video?

It's funny that you mention that, because my best friend, who I have known since I was in 3rd grade, is a police officer. What I hate is the us versus them mentality. What I hate is seeing cops unapologetic about violating our constitutional rights. What I really despise, though, above all else, is the utter lack of accountability that has permeated our law enforcement system.

Fortunately, unlike other events, this one has photographic evidence, which, to me, but apparently not you, makes any argument that she grabbed his baton meritless.

The video is there for all to see. Maybe you saw something I didn't. I know I've watched that 2 second exchange repeatedly and I find the claim that she did anything other than scream at him without factual basis.

You may find differently. I never said two people couldn't look at the same thing and see something totally different. I would say that it's very common, however, to defend the indefensible, to find the easiest way that would seem to justify such behavior. And in this case, the force was so excessive, and so unacceptable, and so disproportionate to anything else in the exchange, that the only possible way they could make the victim into the aggressor is by accusing her of trying to arm herself by taking the officer's weapon from his hands.

And, of course, if that's assumed, it becomes much easier to at least make a good faith attempt to justify the use of force, even if it'd be grossly inappropriate even in those circumstances.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    The only thing I could find was referencing a t-shirt now being worn by Denver PD that reads:

"We get up early to beat the crowds"

Probably a little tasteless...

OK...probably a lot tasteless.

Reason for my post was DZ said in one of his posts that there was other "media accounts" that he had read and I had asked him to post or provide a link to those.

That's funny and kind of catchy!

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    There was obviously something going on before the camera pans over. Off camera you here the woman yell, "F... doing it again." The use of force seems excessive but it all depends on what happened before the camera was on them. It's interesting that they charged her and reassigned him.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The only thing I could find was referencing a t-shirt now being worn by Denver PD that reads:

"We get up early to beat the crowds"

Probably a little tasteless...

OK...probably a lot tasteless.
    Now that there is funny. I don't care who you are!

I find it amusing that some people put all their faith in video clips. I think we also ask a lot of police officers when they are in high stress situations and being baited. The fact of the matter is that everyone has a video camera. I wouldn't want to have everything I say or do videotaped and edited and judged later. If my wife did the video thing, she'd have so much on me, I'd be obliged to go shopping for shoes and dresses with her every week and see every chick flick that comes out.

That being said, we, as citizens do have the right to peaceably assemble. Unfortunately, some folks don't get the peaceful part. An assembly can be declared an illegal assembly and citizens ordered off the streets. If that happens and you are "not doing anything wrong", you are subject to arrest. Even though you don't feel like you are "doing anything wrong", you have a responsibility to submit to the officer(s). Looking back, I really admire many in the civil rights movement for sticking to their principles and submitting peacefully to arrest. If you resist the arrest, all reasonable means can be used to effect the arrest.

I really hate war and the destruction, maiming and death that go with it. It is a sad fact of life that we have to defend against those who attack us and want to destroy our freedoms and way of life. These "Pink People" really have every right to sway me to their way of thinking. Unfortunately, due to their statements and actions, they are only alienating me.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009

I find it amusing that some people put all their faith in video clips. I think we also ask a lot of police officers when they are in high stress situations and being baited. The fact of the matter is that everyone has a video camera. I wouldn't want to have everything I say or do videotaped and edited and judged later. If my wife did the video thing, she'd have so much on me, I'd be obliged to go shopping for shoes and dresses with her every week and see every chick flick that comes out.

That being said, we, as citizens do have the right to peaceably assemble. Unfortunately, some folks don't get the peaceful part. An assembly can be declared an illegal assembly and citizens ordered off the streets. If that happens and you are "not doing anything wrong", you are subject to arrest. Even though you don't feel like you are "doing anything wrong", you have a responsibility to submit to the officer(s). Looking back, I really admire many in the civil rights movement for sticking to their principles and submitting peacefully to arrest. If you resist the arrest, all reasonable means can be used to effect the arrest.

I really hate war and the destruction, maiming and death that go with it. It is a sad fact of life that we have to defend against those who attack us and want to destroy our freedoms and way of life. These "Pink People" really have every right to sway me to their way of thinking. Unfortunately, due to their statements and actions, they are only alienating me.
    you think thats funny? must be a cop or a holster sniffer.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    you think thats funny? must be a cop or a holster sniffer.

Holster sniffer....Police groupie. Prefers to date only cops. One who surrounds themselves by cops.

I'll take the cops over felons as friends. I have seen a few women police officers that I would date, if I wasnt married.

Dammit I might be a holster sniffer, because I do think that was funny.:rolleyes:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Holster sniffer....Police groupie. Prefers to date only cops. One who surrounds themselves by cops.

I'll take the cops over felons as friends. I have seen a few women police officers that I would date, if I wasnt married.

Dammit I might be a holster sniffer, because I do think that was funny.:rolleyes:
    newsflash there are other people in the world than cops and felons. strangely enough my friends are niether cops or felons and it seems to work out good. i do have to agree i have seen some hot female cops that was looking good until they said outta the car long hair.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood

The thing is though, he wasn't arresting her, just laying a beatdown on her.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    The thing is though, he wasn't arresting her, just laying a beatdown on her.

Well he did get up early!. He didn't give her a beatdown, she wasn't even hurt. Looked more like she tripped and fell and the officer was trying to grab ahold of her so she wouldn't hurt herself. :D

New DPD slogan, come as code Pink, leave as code Black and Blue!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I remember a Medal of Honor recipient telling me one day how the Vietnam protesters would wait for them at the airport and throw balloons full of **** on them and physically assault them. The idea was to anger the soldier into lashing back, at which time they would videotape the soldier "assaulting" the poor peaceful protesters. Obviously I don't know enough about this Code Pink/Denver PD incident to say whether that's the case or not, but the point is that protesters have used these tactics before. I see that the video was posted by Rocky Mountain News, but were they the ones who edited the video or did the person taking the video give it to them already edited? I'm not defending the police officer, nor am I saying he did anything wrong; I just don't know enough about the incident to say.

I have been on INGO long enough to know that people like downzero, serpicostraight, and a few others consistently have it out for the police. You can defend your hatred however you like but when it comes down to it you're just making generalizations about ALL police based on your jaded perception of the group. It's like saying ALL lawyers are slimy, or ALL politicians are corrupt, or ALL soldiers are war criminals. It really ruins any shred of your credibility when you make it so obvious that you have an agenda against a certain group and constantly trash them. I thought for a while that Joe Williams was a "cop hater" but I've come to realize that I was wrong. A man like that has credibility in my eyes because he gives credit to those who do their job well and chastises those who don't. You have to understand the difference.

Sorry Joe...

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've watched the video, and a few others, of these Code Pink people a few times now. I have no idea what happened in the time before the officer knocked the chick down but I can see she is just yelling at him when he strikes out. If she did grab his baton earlier he should have arrested her then and not waited. She is pretty small and hit the ground pretty hard. I wonder if some of your opinions would change if that was your wife, sister or girl friend. Later on when shes standing and talking to the media the police come and forcefully drag her away, again a potential for bodily injury to her. I think the Code Pink gang are totally nutz and have no idea how they could possibly rationalize the crap that they say and think, but it is their right to do so. If you watch many of the videos it is the people watching their protest that come up and get in their faces screaming, yelling and grabbing their signs and hats. Again not defending what they are saying in any way but what if they were protesting for the 2nd Amendment and the same thing was happening to them? I think many of you would be singing a different tune. :twocents:

Top Bottom