Fanatical religious terrorist incident Colorado Springs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My money, for the record, is more on the lines of mentally ill / paranoid type. Whether he's right or left leaning will prove to be immaterial. And the PP office was not the target.

If that turns out to be the case, will any who have wrongfully maligned those who are pro-life or lean to the right, have the intellectual decency to apologize?

No, usually they just say, "Maybe they didn't do it this time, but it's just the kind of thing pro-life conservatives would do."

"Apology" is an unknown concept to the MSM.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    No, usually they just say, "Maybe they didn't do it this time, but it's just the kind of thing pro-life conservatives would do."

Unfortunately for them it almost never turns out to be the case.
    Sucks to be so sure of what's in their own mind then get the rug pulled out from under their feet.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Truth Has No Agenda. If different facts come to light, I have no problem altering my analysis of those facts. As of yet, though, I've not picked a horse.

So you're telling me, that you don't have a hunch or inclination of what probably occurred?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

"Apology" is an unknown concept to the MSM.

Indeed. But in fairness, folks of all stripes are guilty of jumping to conclusions. And none seem to have the decency to apologize. I just don't like to see it happen in a case like this: where we have the perp and KNOW that the truth will eventually come out - still folks are hell bent to get their spin on it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooter Robert Dear pictured | Daily Mail Online

more information about him. House in NC was a shack with no water or electricity. Neighbors basically said he was nuts with wandering thought content.

here's the nail in the coffin, a "cross" was found displayed at his house. It's your standard horizontally mounted "cross" using the modern non-square cross beam...They are really reaching here. Neighbors said he never mentioned religion or abortion. He also had a place 20min from Colorado Springs

i wonder if if he was registered to vote in NC too.

Maybe if he was a Democrat.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So you're telling me, that you don't have a hunch or inclination of what probably occurred?

I have no clue what the guy did, who he intended to target, or why.

All I know is what has been disclosed, which includes sketchy-at-best details: the guy shot someone (or more than one) outside, in an area near a Planned Parenthood clinic, a bank, and a strip mall (restaurants, etc.), then holed up inside the clinic for several hours, exchanging gunfire with police but apparently not trying to shoot the clinic occupants (staff or patients), then peacefully surrendering.

Can you tell what to make of that? I sure can't.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

I know that you asked this of Chip.. but if I may....

while one could conclude various things from the facts thus far, I don't think that it pays us to sweat it. The truth will come out soon enough. Further, I don't have a dog in the fight. While I am against the practice of abortion, I am equally against the practice of going into such a place and killing people. While I decry the practice of abortion, I equally decry cold blooded murder. So no matter what this dude's motive, I'm most likely going to be against what he did.

Based on that - I see zero need to go off half cocked and place my bets on one motivation or another. So far, all who have done so are politically motivated. THAT is unfortunate and wrong in my opinion.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No answer for why no one was seriously hurt at the place he was supposedly targeting for his religious beliefs. That's the tricky wicket with assuming this was a religiously motivated thing against abortionists... Why didn't he harm anyone there?

I have no clue what the guy did, who he intended to target, or why.

All I know is what has been disclosed, which includes sketchy-at-best details: the guy shot someone (or more than one) outside, in an area near a Planned Parenthood clinic, a bank, and a strip mall (restaurants, etc.), then holed up inside the clinic for several hours, exchanging gunfire with police but apparently not trying to shoot the clinic occupants (staff or patients), then peacefully surrendering.

Can you tell what to make of that? I sure can't.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    No answer for why no one was seriously hurt at the place he was supposedly targeting for his religious beliefs. That's the tricky wicket with assuming this was a religiously motivated thing against abortionists... Why didn't he harm anyone there?

There need be no evidence of a religiously motivated thing against abortionists for the media to pin the blame on Christians and/or conservatives.
    See post # 111. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/399113-fanatical-religious-terrorist-incident-colorado-springs-12.html

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Look what the Liberal in America FB Page has posted. Of course, the sheep believe it it real... :facepalm:

99Go2WD.jpg

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    PP's and abortion clinics are popular targets for domestic terrorism, so that is something to consider. To me it sounds like he started going on his spree, then saw the PP and went directly there. As in the PP was just coincidentally there, he hates them so he went there, and would have not made a difference on whether he would kill people or not. It didn't turn politically/religiously motivated until he saw the PP and it became a priority. Just my two cents.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Where were the people in the clinic? Do you know? Have any of them been described as hostages? Was there a secure place within the facility that prevented the shooter from harming those persons inside? Was his intent to murder those persons inside the clinic? If he had no qualms hurting other people (non-LE), why wouldn't he also hurt those he had access to inside?...... unless he didn't have access to them at all. Not much of a tricky wicket.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    The heck of it is - if indeed he was right wing - most of the right would say that he would deserve to meet "Ol Sparky"... even if they were against abortion.

But if is was someone on the left - they tend to offer nothing but excuses for the actions of criminals that they share a cause with.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    PP's and abortion clinics are popular targets for domestic terrorism, so that is something to consider. To me it sounds like he started going on his spree, then saw the PP and went directly there. As in the PP was just coincidentally there, he hates them so he went there, and would have not made a difference on whether he would kill people or not. It didn't turn politically/religiously motivated until he saw the PP and it became a priority. Just my two cents.
    That's plausible but there is still no evidence to suggest that he was politically/religiously motivated based on what is known so far. His neighbors have even stated that they have never heard him discuss any such motivation in his occasional disjointed conversations with them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's plausible but there is still no evidence to suggest that he was politically/religiously motivated based on what is known so far. His neighbors have even stated that they have never heard him discuss any such motivation in his occasional disjointed conversations with them.

What else did his neighbors say about him?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What else did his neighbors say about him?
    IDK. Ask this guy.

Neighbor James Russell told the AP that Dear typically kept to himself and that on the occasions when they did speak, Dear avoided eye contact and rambled about a variety of unrelated topics. However, Russell said, he’d never heard Dear talk about religion or abortion.

What we know about Robert Lewis Dear, alleged gunman identified in deadly Colorado Planned Parenthood attack

Top Bottom