Fanatical religious terrorist incident Colorado Springs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Says the one first to apply double standards in certain topics. :rolleyes:

If you're going to make that claim, qualify it. I think I am way more even keeled, and fair, than most members. So I'd be interested in you posting examples of my hypocrisy.

Kut (knows some folks simply like to post nonsense)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's pretty shocking that someone who specializes in getting to the facts of crime before making public pronouncements would so quickly and eagerly hint that prudence and investigations should be subordinated to furthering a political agenda,

Lol, newsflash. I'm not investigating the crime. Don't con me bro, I am entitled to my opinion about anything just as you are.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The mayor of Colorado Springs says authorities aren't ready to discuss a possible motive of the gunman who attacked a Planned Parenthood clinic there but says people can make "inferences from where it took place."

The Latest: Dad: Slain officer was figure skater, great dad

:dunno:

Well, it took place outside, and then the shooter holed up in the nearest building (a Planned Parenthood clinic). After several hours of being thus holed up, with other occupants being evacuated uninjured (as far as I'm aware?), while the shooter was exchanging gunfire with police officers, the shooter surrendered peacefully.

So: what, exactly, can one infer from such an incident?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The mayor of Colorado Springs says authorities aren't ready to discuss a possible motive of the gunman who attacked a Planned Parenthood clinic there but says people can make "inferences from where it took place."

The Latest: Dad: Slain officer was figure skater, great dad

:dunno:

Oh, right, I forgot that we should take the word directly from anti-gun Democrats all too eager to ghoulishly attempt to gain political advantage from tragedy.
    Does the name Sheriff Dupnik ring a bell?
    Okay, for those who forgot - Sheriff Clarence Dupnik: Arizona 'Mecca For Prejudice & Bigotry'

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Lol, newsflash. I'm not investigating the crime. Don't con me bro, I am entitled to my opinion about anything just as you are.

Correction: a prepackaged opinion loaded and ready to be launched from the torpedo tube any time there's even a remote chance to blame someone politically.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Correction: a prepackaged opinion loaded and ready to be launched from the torpedo tube any time there's even a remote chance to blame someone politically.

Are we talking about Conservative Jihadists, or something else?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I hope you understand that the "facts" the mayor has, trumps the "facts" you have. So like I said, I'm playing the odds.

No, you are jumping to conclusions. I'm NOT saying that you are wrong - not saying you are right... What I am saying is this: a) you'd be all OVER our collective ass for jumping to conclusions. b) yet you are doing it with glee and bells on c) hence, that makes you a hypocrite d) we'll know if this cat was mentally ill, right wing, left wing etc soon enough - no need for jumping to conclusions. e) whatever he is, I take no joy in the loss of good people. And the officer and folks that have been involved seem to be innocent victims.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, you are jumping to conclusions. I'm NOT saying that you are wrong - not saying you are right... What I am saying is this: a) you'd be all OVER our collective ass for jumping to conclusions. b) yet you are doing it with glee and bells on c) hence, that makes you a hypocrite d) we'll know if this cat was mentally ill, right wing, left wing etc soon enough - no need for jumping to conclusions. e) whatever he is, I take no joy in the loss of good people. And the officer and folks that have been involved seem to be innocent victims.

Word on the street, is that he leans to the right.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, it took place outside, and then the shooter holed up in the nearest building (a Planned Parenthood clinic). After several hours of being thus holed up, with other occupants being evacuated uninjured (as far as I'm aware?), while the shooter was exchanging gunfire with police officers, the shooter surrendered peacefully.

So: what, exactly, can one infer from such an incident?
    Yeah this is what appears to be the case so for as I can tell. The media is still labeling it as an "attack on a Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood Clinic" when they have yet to provide any supporting evidence that suggests the clinic itself was targeted.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are these two words intentionally juxtaposed for maximum inflammatory effect, or do you have an ostensibly legitimate definition for this term?

He bro, I started innocently enough. You know better than most, than I'm not going to at the bottom of a dog pile. If get the chain, in hand, I'm gonna tug.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

We do know some things about the shooter, so far:

1. He was a loner and a recluse
    2. He had minor run-ins with the law, involving animal cruelty and accusations of being a "peeping tom"
    3. He was registered "unaffiliated" as a voter
    4. He self-identified as a woman

This, so far, has the makings of a run-of-the-mill nutcase.

There remains no evidence disclosed that he targeted (or even injured?) any of the Planned Parenthood clinic staff or patients. But should such evidence come out - or evidence that his motives were anti-abortion in nature - the right, conservatives, Christians, and the Pro-Life movement will come out unequivocally against his actions. So it doesn't bother me one way or the other. I would oppose him, regardless of his motives.

But it is obvious that the OP isn't the only one trying for a Tom Smykowski award. I don't remember Kut's reaction to some of the other incidents, so I won't call his reaction here hypocritical. But a glance at social media will show such hypocrisy, in spades.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Word on the street, is that he leans to the right.

Fair enough - I don't have the "super secret cop hotline to Colorado Springs". My daughter lives there - but that's as close as I can get.

Assuming that to be true , AND assuming that he was after PP - then he's a damned ineffective terrorist, since from the reports, he didn't get even the first one of the targets he was purportedly after. All were, according to "word on the street" , collateral damage as opposed to primary targets.

My money, for the record, is more on the lines of mentally ill / paranoid type. Whether he's right or left leaning will prove to be immaterial. And the PP office was not the target.

If that turns out to be the case, will any who have wrongfully maligned those who are pro-life or lean to the right, have the intellectual decency to apologize?

edit: chip- looks like you and I were thinking alike and about the same time.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    He bro, I started innocently enough. You know better than most, than I'm not going to at the bottom of a dog pile. If get the chain, in hand, I'm gonna tug.

Keep pulling. The most plausible outcome is that you're going to be yanking on a run-of-the-mill, rabid nutcase dog at the other end - not some anti-abortion domestic terrorist.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Keep pulling. The most plausible outcome is that you're going to be yanking on a run-of-the-mill, rabid nutcase dog at the other end - not some anti-abortion domestic terrorist.

Very possibility, that's the horse you're picking, and I doubt you'll hear near as much lip as I have, over your opinion.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    At first, this appeared to be a bank robbery gone bad. It was reported that the shooter started out in Chase Bank.

Since then, we don't have a lot of new information.

The guy is caught so we'll get more info over the next few days. I don't see where arguing about it here does much good.

Write it in your journal - I actually agree with Alpo for once... :D We'll get the truth soon enough.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Very possibility, that's the horse you're picking, and I doubt you'll hear near as much lip as I have, over your opinion.

The Truth Has No Agenda. If different facts come to light, I have no problem altering my analysis of those facts. As of yet, though, I've not picked a horse.

Top Bottom