What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Well after finding a few cigars I like enough to buy multiples of, I learned the importance of proper storage.

After just over 2 weeks of being stored in my 3d printed cigar case, I had one dry out enough to crack. (Which also reminded me PLA is hydroscopic… :facepalm:)

View attachment 382008

The case is great for protecting during transport in my golf or range bag, but not for storage.

I recently pulled the trigger on a small humidor, which is now in the seasoning process.

View attachment 382007
    What's your seasoning process? I advised a friend how to properly season. He decided he knew better than me. I've been smoking cigars for about 22 years he at the time had been smoking for a few months. Long story short he nearly ruined 400 bucks worth of cigars.

It's easy for cigars to get away from you if you aren't careful.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    What's your seasoning process? I advised a friend how to properly season. He decided he knew better than me. I've been smoking cigars for about 22 years he at the time had been smoking for a few months. Long story short he nearly ruined 400 bucks worth of cigars.

It's easy for cigars to get away from you if you aren't careful.
    I’m just following the instructions that came with the humidor… I’ve never had one before and didn’t even know “seasoning” was a thing until I read the instructions.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I’m just following the instructions that came with the humidor… I’ve never had one before and didn’t even know “seasoning” was a thing until I read the instructions.

I'll be honest with you. The bourbon is louder than that video.

Throw in some 82% boveda packs (prob only need one for that size.) for like 2 weeks or until basically stable in the low 70s. Then replace with 72% boveda packs (again prob only need one.) then move in your cigars. Only after it's stable at around 70-72. If you move in your cigars before it's stable at that % you're ****ed. The key to seasoning a humidor is patience.

If you have a bunch of cigars now that need a home throw them in a Tupperware box with a 72% pack and let em chill.

While we are at it. What the **** is up with this new trend of dry boxing? What sense does that **** make. **** that trend.

Sorry for all the ****s. Hopefully the censoring software is still up.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'll be honest with you. The bourbon is louder than that video.

Throw in some 82% boveda packs (prob only need one for that size.) for like 2 weeks or until basically stable in the low 70s. Then replace with 72% boveda packs (again prob only need one.) then move in your cigars. Only after it's stable at around 70-72. If you move in your cigars before it's stable at that % you're ****ed. The key to seasoning a humidor is patience.

If you have a bunch of cigars now that need a home throw them in a Tupperware box with a 72% pack and let em chill.

While we are at it. What the **** is up with this new trend of dry boxing? What sense does that **** make. **** that trend.

Sorry for all the ****s. Hopefully the censoring software is still up.
    Thanks. The instructions specifically say NOT to use boveda packs… however, I also understand they want to continue selling me their proprietary humidor solution.

IMG_4812.jpeg

I have trouble believing boveda packs somehow don’t work in their humidors.

Ultimately, it’s a Spanish cedar lined box regardless of brand.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Thanks. The instructions specifically say NOT to use boveda packs… however, I also understand they want to continue selling me their proprietary humidor solution.

View attachment 382017

I have trouble believing boveda packs somehow don’t work in their humidors.

Ultimately, it’s a Spanish cedar lined box regardless of brand.
    You're right to assume it's ********.

I have a humidor that's 6 feet tall 2 feet wide and one foot deep. I have a humidifier to cover the bottom half and a boveda pack to cover the top.

They are full of ****. Just use boveda packs. Also pro-tip. Set up Amazon automatic shipments of a boveda pack every 3 months. Swap it out when the new one comes and don't stress about it.

Top Bottom