Fanatical religious terrorist incident Colorado Springs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I could swear autoloader was term at one point....

It was, here in one of my all time favorite vintage ads, appropriately titled "Right of Way" -
    $_57.JPG

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Was reading a WaPo piece about the two guns tied to the neighbor and they were making a point of describing the rifles as 'military grade'. was wondering if this will become the propaganda of choice. Even more meaningless but just as scary to the sheep.

"Military" as an adjective for a semi-automatic rifle is simply meaningless. "Military-style", "military-grade", "military-type", etc. all equally conflate a modern sporting rifle with a military rifle. The single, defining characteristic that separates military autoloading rifles from non-military autoloading rifles is the number of rounds fired per trigger pull.

An AR15 is not a "military" anything. It is the civilian analog of a military rifle (IIRC, the M4?). The AR15 fires one round per trigger pull; the M4 can fire multiple rounds per trigger pull. Making the AR15 behave like an M4 would require re-drilling the components (which is possible, but non-trivial, and of course illegal).

You and I both know this, but the intended audience of WaPo do not.

Trying to make the distinction that this type of rifle should be military/LEO only, perhaps?

...which, of course, entirely misses the point of the second amendment. Anything agents of the state have, private citizens should have, as well - not only so that private citizens have the means to act as the militia when necessary, but also as a bulwark against state tyranny.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;FzEVmQpz6eI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzEVmQpz6eI[/video]

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "Military" as an adjective for a semi-automatic rifle is simply meaningless. "Military-style", "military-grade", "military-type", etc. all equally conflate a modern sporting rifle with a military rifle. The single, defining characteristic that separates military autoloading rifles from non-military autoloading rifles is the number of rounds fired per trigger pull.

An AR15 is not a "military" anything. It is the civilian analog of a military rifle (IIRC, the M4?). The AR15 fires one round per trigger pull; the M4 can fire multiple rounds per trigger pull. Making the AR15 behave like an M4 would require re-drilling the components (which is possible, but non-trivial, and of course illegal).

You and I both know this, but the intended audience of WaPo do not.

...which, of course, entirely misses the point of the second amendment. Anything agents of the state have, private citizens should have, as well - not only so that private citizens have the means to act as the militia when necessary, but also as a bulwark against state tyranny.

But I heard from a very reputable source that all you have to do is push "the bullet button" to turn it into a fully automatic death machine...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Alleged Planned Parenthood shooter yells out in court that he is 'a warrior for the babies'

Pleads guilty

https://twitter.com/DenverChannel/status/674702011137413120

Suspect in Planned Parenthood shooting blurts out in court - "I'm guilty. There's no trial. I'm a warrior for the babies."

So the odds win again. But we already knew that.

Except, he did not declare a religious motive - only an anti-abortion motive. (Some may still be surprised that opposing abortion does not require a religious motive.)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well yeah......."normal" clear thinking folks do not act out in that manner.

I always feel like That's the catch-22, don't you have to be mentally ill to commit any kind of mass shooting against innocent people?
    It always struck me as very close to Joseph Hellers original catch - 22
    There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he were sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.

Top Bottom