• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Actually, it's easier to break your hands or cut them in a fight then you might imagine. Unless you have chalice's built up on your knuckles. It's better to use a back fist, palm heel, etc. If you are throwing strikes to the head, chin, etc. I'm not just talking out of my ass either. Try hitting a heavy bag with no gloves. See how long it takes to tear the skin from your knuckles. When I studies Martial Arts, we used to condition our hands on special made boards.
    I used to prefer heavy bag without gloves....I am forced to minimize my closed fist strikes now a days though, due to an injury, but it doesn't take much of a chalice to withstand it IMO...of course it's a "results may vary" sort of thing too

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    I have pretty, soft hands and would hate to injure them on someones face. If you know you have to fight, put gloves on- George

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I wonder how the hands of the man in the black pants felt after this "fight:"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q7FoD-uiOU[/ame]

I'm definitely no fighting expert, but do whatever works best for you. Personally, I am going to do all that I can to avoid being involved in a traditional "street fight." That sounds too much like a fair fight to me.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I wonder how the hands of the man in the black pants felt after this "fight:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q7FoD-uiOU

I'm definitely no fighting expert, but do whatever works best for you. Personally, I am going to do all that I can to avoid being involved in a traditional "street fight." That sounds too much like a fair fight to me.
    In the slow-mo it looks like either a hammer-fist or knife-hand strike that caught the dude from ear to chin...goodnight.:rockwoot:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    In the slow-mo it looks like either a hammer-fist or knife-hand strike that caught the dude from ear to chin...goodnight.:rockwoot:

It looks like a brachial stun. I've had it done to me enough in DT classes that I know it's effective. We never hit each other 100% with it but even at "training speed" it'll get your attention.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I have pretty, soft hands and would hate to injure them on someones face. If you know you have to fight, put gloves on- George
    :lmfao:

That brings back a lot of hilarious memories. I can't tell you how many times when I was riding the bus I'd see the Deputies pulling on gloves and just pull my partner back.

To me it was a flashing neon sign to stand back and that I was about to have another patient to deal with.

Rep headed your way for putting a crap eating grin on my face and a deep chuckle, my wife just looked at me from across the room and was like WTH are you looking at :yesway:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    the Brachial "stun" is an excellent option...DEFINITELY "catches your attention" even with minimal force....training must be careful though cuz it's relatively easy to "collapse" the esophagus

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Actually, it's easier to break your hands or cut them in a fight then you might imagine. Unless you have [STRIKE]chalice[/STRIKE]'s built up on your knuckles. It's better to use a back fist, palm heel, etc. If you are throwing strikes to the head, chin, etc. I'm not just talking out of my ass either. Try hitting a heavy bag with no gloves. See how long it takes to tear the skin from your knuckles. When I studies Martial Arts, we used to condition our hands on special made boards.

I used to prefer heavy bag without gloves....I am forced to minimize my closed fist strikes now a days though, due to an injury, but it doesn't take much of a [STRIKE]chalice [/STRIKE]to withstand it IMO...of course it's a "results may vary" sort of thing too
    CALLUS!!!

A Chalice is something you drink from...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    LOL!

My Grandfather always said never hit someone with your hand unless you have to. Pick up something to hit them with, there is almost always something laying around...

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    Maintain your base, drive into their center of gravity, combat is not a straight line, use their momentum, use the entire force of your body against one portion of theirs, put them on the ground, gain a dominant position, break any portion of your enemy that resists you, go for the throat, and end the fight.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Just like anything else in life, there are pro's and con's to everything you do. The "trick" is to strike with the first and middle (pointer and middle finger) knuckles, as these are the most solid knuckles.

Top Bottom