Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    demotivational-posters-pimp-slap.jpg

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    ok just a friendly invitation to anybody who wants to try it out. Sparring class is tomorrow at 3 pm I can provide all the safety gear and the ring just show up and lets see which methods work and which ones don't.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    there was just a fight at a bar in bluffton a couple months ago and two guys got in a fight and one of the guys got knocked on the ground and the other dude kicked him in the face and killed him. they said this is what happen IDK. i do know he got kicked in the face and died.

Heal/Palm to the nose.....drives the cartilage into the brain.....

Fight Over !!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    ok just a friendly invitation to anybody who wants to try it out. Sparring class is tomorrow at 3 pm I can provide all the safety gear and the ring just show up and lets see which methods work and which ones don't.

I don't like getting hit in the head in general, so I'm out.

That said, I'm pretty sure that the argument presented in the video is predicated on safety gear being absent (no head gear or gloves). That's where the broken hands come from.

I'm no striker, but I have always heard that you hit hard things with soft things and soft things with hard things.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    there was just a fight at a bar in bluffton a couple months ago and two guys got in a fight and one of the guys got knocked on the ground and the other dude kicked him in the face and killed him. they said this is what happen IDK. i do know he got kicked in the face and died.
    The fatal palm heal strike to the nose is a myth. But a severe blunt force trama to the face like a dashboard or a baseball bat can be fatal. I googled it........:D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Not a good time for me, I work until 5, then head over to K9 Training with my Pup...

Not to mention I have had my ass kicked enough times to know what does and does not work for me... :D

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA

Wish I lived closer:(

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Actually, it's easier to break your hands or cut them in a fight then you might imagine. Unless you have chalice's built up on your knuckles. It's better to use a back fist, palm heel, etc. If you are throwing strikes to the head, chin, etc. I'm not just talking out of my ass either. Try hitting a heavy bag with no gloves. See how long it takes to tear the skin from your knuckles. When I studies Martial Arts, we used to condition our hands on special made boards.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    US Patriot is on the money. Open hand strikes using your palm can save you some pain to deal with after the fight. Another issue is using open palm shows a sign of defense. Closed fist shows aggression and offense. So when the officers show up if you are fighting in public, they are going to look at your hands. This I know from experience.

Top Bottom