• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • savage308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    The guy is right, that you can break a knuckle or meta if you punch. He is wrong that you are not going to hurt your hand with a chop, hammer or palm. I have seen guys break their wrist with a palm strike. For me the first option is to get out of that situation. If that is not an option I am closing the distance to take away their ability to connect with any power. Most people do not have much power in their punch unless they get a big wind-up. But that is me, I am a grappler and that is my comfort zone. I am not going to stand toe to toe, I will lose 9 times out of 10.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The guy is right, that you can break a knuckle or meta if you punch. He is wrong that you are not going to hurt your hand with a chop, hammer or palm. I have seen guys break their wrist with a palm strike. For me the first option is to get out of that situation. If that is not an option I am closing the distance to take away their ability to connect with any power. Most people do not have much power in their punch unless they get a big wind-up. But that is me, I am a grappler and that is my comfort zone. I am not going to stand toe to toe, I will lose 9 times out of 10.

I really hate getting punched in the face myself. Usually go straight for the throat these days.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    the instructor in the first clip could easily summed the whole video up by telling us to check out the TFTGROUP videos
    http://youtu.be/O_Ot6d8CMDI

I'm not one for getting into fights, hell i got married so i cold just come home to one and not have to search for it. But if i'm gonna get into a fight, i want to make sure the guy aint gonna get back up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    the instructor in the first clip could easily summed the whole video up by telling us to check out the TFTGROUP videos
    http://youtu.be/O_Ot6d8CMDI

I'm not one for getting into fights, hell i got married so i cold just come home to one and not have to search for it. But if i'm gonna get into a fight, i want to make sure the guy aint gonna get back up.

Hope the little woman does not read your posts my friend. You may be searching again....:):

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    Hope the little woman does not read your posts my friend. You may be searching again....:):

never said she was a little woman, she can hold her own. but you do make a valid point. unfortunately i doubt she will ever visit this forum. she is having me sell her glock, after she went through the process of getting her carry permit no less. seems she would rather spend the money at disney. What do you do but smile and say "yes dear"?

ps. she can throw a punch and the purple nurples are hella mean

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    never said she was a little woman, she can hold her own. but you do make a valid point. unfortunately i doubt she will ever visit this forum. she is having me sell her glock, after she went through the process of getting her carry permit no less. seems she would rather spend the money at disney. What do you do but smile and say "yes dear"?

ps. she can throw a punch and the purple nurples are hella mean

Happy wife, Happy life. A lesson hard learned.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    My Muay Thai instructor tells us all the time never to punch to the head without gloves on. The only exception to that is the upper cut. The reason for that is possible damage to the hands. Elbows and knees are too effective to risk messing up my hands.

Anyway, round kicks to the knees and thighs end fights very quickly,and the untrained NEVER expect them.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    My Muay Thai instructor tells us all the time never to punch to the head without gloves on. The only exception to that is the upper cut. The reason for that is possible damage to the hands. Elbows and knees are too effective to risk messing up my hands.

Anyway, round kicks to the knees and thighs end fights very quickly,and the untrained NEVER expect them.

Training to fight someone who's untrained is like training to use a gun against someone who has a pool noodle. What happens when you fight someone who knows how to check kicks and counter punch kicks? What happens when you can't get in range to throw elbows or uppercuts?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Training to fight someone who's untrained is like training to use a gun against someone who has a pool noodle. What happens when you fight someone who knows how to check kicks and counter punch kicks? What happens when you can't get in range to throw elbows or uppercuts?

Post #102.
    You are in a real fight.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI

You get your arse handed to you in a to go bag!

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    ... What happens when you fight someone who knows how to check kicks and counter punch kicks? What happens when you can't get in range to throw elbows or uppercuts?

Post #102.
    You are in a real fight.
    Churchmouse has it right. It's a real fight, then. He can counter my moves and I can counter his, and whoever is better/faster/stronger will win. It's likely, though, that neither of us will be punching to the head. :D

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Churchmouse has it right. It's a real fight, then. He can counter my moves and I can counter his, and whoever is better/faster/stronger will win. It's likely, though, that neither of us will be punching to the head. :D

So... You're saying good fighters don't punch to the head?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would submit that any fighter worth a damn has his chin tucked and his throat isn't all that easy to hit...

Absolutely correct. I meant grapple. If it is that close on the skill sets I use my 260 plus to my advantage. Not a play on your handle but I like choking idiots. It iso up close and personnel

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Absolutely correct. I meant grapple. If it is that close on the skill sets I use my 260 plus to my advantage. Not a play on your handle but I like choking idiots. It iso up close and personnel
    Well, as you might guess from my name, I like to grapple, too... But I've Had to round out my game, because not everyone cooperates. If you run into a guy who was a collegiate wrestler and decides he wants the fight to stay up, you better have a good plan b...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom