• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    It is just my opinion, but I don't believe there is any such thing as a "fair-fight".

If it has come to blows, I will pick up and use WHATEVER I can find around me. A rock, a brick, a 2x4, a piece of broken glass, I don't care what it is.

I will take EVERY advantage I can muster, and worry about the consequences later.

If you are in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Getting punched in the face, I would describe as a sharp stining pain. It hurts, but it kind of just makes you mad. I've had lots of bloody noses, black eyes, and cuts on my face. Not really THAT big of a deal, and it always stops hurting after a couple of seconds.

Getting punched in the back/side of the head is a dull POUNDING pain that will narrow up your vision and make you work just to stay on your feet. It'll stick with you for a while too.

Getting kicked in the nuts feels like you have to burp, and it just won't come out. More uncomfortable than anything else. Kinds of makes you feel like you have to throw up a little.

Getting punched real hard in any muscle renders it pretty much so useless for a while. I've been kneed in the thigh, punched in the bicep, and had a combination of the above to my gut to the point that I couldn't catch my breath. Getting punched in a muscle feels like a really bad cramp that just won't go away.

I've also been knocked flat on my back and had the wind knocked out of me. The first time that happens is pretty scary. You don't realize how much you take breathing for granted until you can't do it anymore.

I absolutely agree that a big part of knowing how to fight is knowing how much it hurts. That gives you a better idea of how to hurt your opponent.

After getting your ass handed to you enough times, you begin to figure out the whole fighting thing.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    a well placed punch WILL knock you the hell out though...ive almost been there..sparring with a pro boxer who landed a good left hook....started to grey out....think how scary that would be in the dark alley

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Once the adrenaline faucet is on, I never noticed until after. I've broke my hands five times and list half a front tooth, never once thought it was that bad until after a cigarette on the way to the hospital lol glad I got older.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Getting punched in the face, I would describe as a sharp stining pain. It hurts, but it kind of just makes you mad. I've had lots of bloody noses, black eyes, and cuts on my face. Not really THAT big of a deal, and it always stops hurting after a couple of seconds.

Getting punched in the back/side of the head is a dull POUNDING pain that will narrow up your vision and make you work just to stay on your feet. It'll stick with you for a while too.

Getting kicked in the nuts feels like you have to burp, and it just won't come out. More uncomfortable than anything else. Kinds of makes you feel like you have to throw up a little.

Getting punched real hard in any muscle renders it pretty much so useless for a while. I've been kneed in the thigh, punched in the bicep, and had a combination of the above to my gut to the point that I couldn't catch my breath. Getting punched in a muscle feels like a really bad cramp that just won't go away.

I've also been knocked flat on my back and had the wind knocked out of me. The first time that happens is pretty scary. You don't realize how much you take breathing for granted until you can't do it anymore.

I absolutely agree that a big part of knowing how to fight is knowing how much it hurts. That gives you a better idea of how to hurt your opponent.

After getting your ass handed to you enough times, you begin to figure out the whole fighting thing.

There is also the short ribs, kidneys, temple strike, knees...so on and so forth.
    Good points.

Top Bottom