• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I won an aution on GB yesterday for a CZ 75 Semi compact. It has a full size frame and a compact slide and barrel. It had one owner, the wife of a gunsmith, and I got to talk with her on the phone. She said she loved the gun but had only put about 100 rounds through it in the eight years she had owned it. She said it was, and the pictures bear it out, in pristine condition. So, since it is a discontinued model I paid a bit more for it then I would usually pay for a used gun. That model was deleted a long time ago and it has been on my to get list for a while. I'm very excited to get one in such good shape. They don't come up for sale very often.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I won an aution on GB yesterday for a CZ 75 Semi compact. It has a full size frame and a compact slide and barrel. It had one owner, the wife of a gunsmith, and I got to talk with her on the phone. She said she loved the gun but had only put about 100 rounds through it in the eight years she had owned it. She said it was, and the pictures bear it out, in pristine condition. So, since it is a discontinued model I paid a bit more for it then I would usually pay for a used gun. That model was deleted a long time ago and it has been on my to get list for a while. I'm very excited to get one in such good shape. They don't come up for sale very often.
    Congratulations! Be sure to post pics when you get it.psyko

Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    I have to get the list but it will soon have a race hammer, adjustable sear, extended firing pin, ultra light firing pin spring, 85c trigger, will get the reach reduction kit and the short reset kit, plus an 11.5# mainspring and some other pins and springs.

So how much does an upgrade like that run?

I'm giving the 75 B serious consideration as my next handgun purchase as it seems everyone that has one really loves it and I appreciate its looks. Any feedback on the decocker version? I'm assuming that just allows you to carry it with hammer down and eliminating the chance of an inadvertent hammer strike? Is that really a concern without the decocker?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Man I've been so involved in my S&W 3rd gen collecting for so long not sure if I can get the same enthusiasm as the CZ's. I like the all steel firearms, and don't see me grabbing many more CZ's as I do the many different models of S&W's. Either that or I need to spend more time on the CZ forum though it is pretty dead compared to the S&W forum or this thread.
    I ordered in the past few days some parts. I got some new springs coming of different weights to play with, a new hammer cup pin as the one installed is made to attach a lanyard ring to it, 2 mec gar 17 rounders from CTD as they were the cheapest with ship, new grips from hogue they appear to be pretty thin so will try those out, and some new grip screws as the ones I have now appear to be stripped a bit and were rusty when I took them off.
    I was looking at CGW's page of parts you can buy and was wondering if anyone had anything good to say about the firing pin they sell. I wold like to do some things but am on a shoestring budget so my 85 isn't going to be some high end comp gun. I also would like to get some adj rear sights with a fiber front,any suggestions on where to look?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My newest acquisition. She should arrive on Monday.

pix667678421_zpsqumswba1.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So how much does an upgrade like that run?

I'm giving the 75 B serious consideration as my next handgun purchase as it seems everyone that has one really loves it and I appreciate its looks. Any feedback on the decocker version? I'm assuming that just allows you to carry it with hammer down and eliminating the chance of an inadvertent hammer strike? Is that really a concern without the decocker?
    I carry my safety model guns at half cock. First shot is a tad shorter than full DA. I don't carry cocked and locked although, of course, you can. Most of my guns are about 6# DA so that is my safety. Truthfully, my brain and experience are my safeties as it is with everyone.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That's a good question. I need to know how much money to save up...
    When I do my order this week I will try to remember to post the exact price. Mine are sometimes a bit more because I will order night sights and sometimes some extra pins and springs. They always seem to come in handy.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    New CZ guy here. You guys are killin' me! I had not really looked at CZ before- always seemed to migrate towards other brands. BUT.....

After many hours of "pondering" (the best part!) I went with the 75D Compact PCR in 9mm. Picked it up the other night. I have not shot it yet but plan on this weekend. Might be inside somewhere though- below freezing on an outdoor range = not fun.

It is all good except for the sights. It's almost annoying when the first thing I thought of was about replacing the sights, and spending another $75-$100. As a quick fix I put some neon yellow paint on the front sight. I see all the options for sights. Looks like an easy DIY too.

Anyway, so far I'm impressed with the pistol and all the history around CZ. I have a 9mm Shield in the pictures. I'll stick the Shield in the Remora sticky holster and I'm good to go. The PCR is about the same profile, a little longer but not much. The Remora in the pic is for the Shield so it's a little short. May get another sticky holster.... The CZ is much heavier with the 14+1 magazine vs the Shield 8+1, but not a huge difference in felt weight if that makes sense.

I'll feel better now when I'm getting my lunchtime burger near 56th and Georgetown Rd. ;)

This forum has blown up my thrifty habits!

View attachment 36258View attachment 36259View attachment 36261View attachment 36262

OP here. Finally got to put some rounds downrange. All around nice. Took the Shield 9mm with me and fired both. I'm going to have to put better sights on the CZ. I liked the Shield stock sights better than the 3-dot setup on the CZ. So, I'll have to read more about what sights to get, etc.

The CZ 75D PCR feels great in my hand- points well and has good balance. Probably 75 rds- no problems whatsoever! Now I have to sell something to keep my promise to the household CFO. "One in- one out" Ordered an UBG OWB holster too. 5-6 weeks for that to arrive.... Great forum! Pappy

MC1983

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    When I do my order this week I will try to remember to post the exact price. Mine are sometimes a bit more because I will order night sights and sometimes some extra pins and springs. They always seem to come in handy.

I'd be interested in seeing the complete list/price as well. I bought a CZ75 in December and got hooked. Ended up buying a CZ75 Compact from a buddy a month later for a carry gun. After all the good things I've heard about the CGW package, I am really considering it for my full-size.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I'd be interested in seeing the complete list/price as well. I bought a CZ75 in December and got hooked. Ended up buying a CZ75 Compact from a buddy a month later for a carry gun. After all the good things I've heard about the CGW package, I am really considering it for my full-size.
    The guys at CGW are great to deal with explained everything and wasn't just in a hurry to get off the phone. Quick turnaround and was at my house in five days.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    We need to get together and shoot. You can see what a fully Cajunized 75B and Compact will feel like. I would recommend that before investing in something you might not want.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    At 4:55 in the video below the guy says that his SP-01 has an omega trigger even though it doesn't have the omega mark. He says if a CZ has a black trigger it is omega. Is that true? I assumed all SP-01's are non-omega.

[video=youtube_share;3d50nzThrfM]http://youtu.be/3d50nzThrfM[/video]

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm very sad. Was hoping to shoot my 75B yesterday, but couldn't make it out to the range until later in the afternoon and both ITP and Parabellum were packed. Over an hour wait at both ranges. I would have waited, but I had my GF's daughter with me and she didn't want to wait. Now I'll probably have to wait another week or two... :(

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    At 4:55 in the video below the guy says that his SP-01 has an omega trigger even though it doesn't have the omega mark. He says if a CZ has a black trigger it is omega. Is that true? I assumed all SP-01's are non-omega.

[video=youtube_share;3d50nzThrfM]http://youtu.be/3d50nzThrfM[/video]
    Not true. The SP01 does not have an Omega trigger.

Top Bottom