• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    So what's the deal with the Omega trigger? I've read the cz website about it but is it desirable or not? Bud's has the 75B with the Omega listed for around $50 less than the 75B without. Seems like it would be the other way around if the Omega is an upgrade.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Birds Away is the expert and I hope he explains this but in the meantime here is how I understand it.
    The Omega trigger had some problems, I believe mostly with using MecGar magazines. Also I have seen mention of problems when switching from a safety to decocker. That ability was the big selling point for the Omega trigger system. Whatever the problems were, CZ acknowledged them around 2010. You can read about it by searching in the CZ forum - Explain the OMEGA trigger to me. . The Omega trigger feels better out of the box. But it is not upgradeable and able to be tuned like the standard trigger. CZ fans normally look down on the Omega trigger because it isn't able to be worked on like the standard trigger. A well tuned standard trigger is going to be better than the Omega. I have a 75b with Omega trigger i bought in 2009 new. I have never had a hiccup from it and I use MecGar mags in it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If I were going to get a stock gun and was not really interested in investing anything further in the gun, then I might get an Omega trigger. I have heard and have some experience with them being somewhat better out of the box. If I had any intention of adding even a modest amount of upgrades I, personally, would always default to the original. I think the Omega's are fine guns. Many, many, many people have been longtime satisfied CZ owners without ever touching a thing on the original. I usually don't argue against a long track record of success against a short one.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Awake even earlier than normal, excited over the fact that I might actually make it to the range today. Not taking anything but my 75B if I do, as I want to spend all 30 minutes shooting it :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Wow, as often as you're picking new toys up, you must have quite the collection! :thumbsup:
    I have this problem with telling people no when they want to buy one of mine. I am working on it. Actually, I don't have that many. Still have a ways to go to get out of single digits. ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think quality is the key and it sounds like you have a really nice collection of the CZs !

Very true!

I will receive the parts for my SP01 tomorrow so llh will probably have that done for me sometime next week or so. I know he is doing another one this weekend. Then I have to save up for the parts for the one I am picking up today. I already have one on GB that I would really like to get. Too mnay guns, not enough money. ;)

Top Bottom